Draft Daddy 3 Rounder.....

JonEJet

Matt McCants leads off round #2?

He of the 5.52 40, and 17 reps?

just wanted to illustrate what Happens when the Rams trade down. They aren't gonna find a Kalil in rd 2. they are gonna get some marginal player like McCants. agree he's probably not worth that pick. this feedback helps. Ill adjust it next time.

1st round well thought out based on combine.....not sure as a Jets fan I wouldn't prefer Brockers if the draft fell that way, so hopefully a trade down.

There is alway a player that sucks at the combine, but turns out to be a stud in the NFL....Upshaw most definitely can be that man

Why a running back in the 3rd? There are three on the roster already. Is this guy better than any of them? The offense was the problem last season and you don't address it until the 3rd round and in that round you take a position that isn't needed. Offensive needs I'd rank: RT, WR, TE, RB. Doesn't make sense.

Why a running back in the 3rd? There are three on the roster already. Is this guy better than any of them? The offense was the problem last season and you don't address it until the 3rd round and in that round you take a position that isn't needed. Offensive needs I'd rank: RT, WR, TE, RB. Doesn't make sense.

McKnight is not really a guy you can count on to help on offense. LT is likely gone. Greene is on a contract year. Powell is a question mark. Pead can be an LT like 3rd down back and also can return punts. let's not forget last year's punt returner was Jim Leonard.

As for the other offensive needs, RT is not gonna happen. They paid Wayne Hunter and that's that. I don't like it you don't like it but that's what they are doing. TE is not going to be a high pick for the Jets. but WR i could see happening in rd 2 or 3. A guy like Rueben Randle does a nice job catching bad balls, could be a good player for Sanchez. However they don't often pick these players high and i suspect they'll go Free agency (Braylon) and mid rounds (Criner/McNutt/Fuller etc). Historically the Jets draft defense and sign/trade for offense.

Hearing Upshaw got a 9 out of 50 on Wunderlick...Again, remeber they're paid to play at Bama, not to go to class....hahahaha

What're you implying?

McKnight is not really a guy you can count on to help on offense. LT is likely gone. Greene is on a contract year. Powell is a question mark. Pead can be an LT like 3rd down back and also can return punts. let's not forget last year's punt returner was Jim Leonard.

As for the other offensive needs, RT is not gonna happen. They paid Wayne Hunter and that's that. I don't like it you don't like it but that's what they are doing. TE is not going to be a high pick for the Jets. but WR i could see happening in rd 2 or 3. A guy like Rueben Randle does a nice job catching bad balls, could be a good player for Sanchez. However they don't often pick these players high and i suspect they'll go Free agency (Braylon) and mid rounds (Criner/McNutt/Fuller etc). Historically the Jets draft defense and sign/trade for offense.

I get the logic at RB but F that noise,..It's a wholly uninspiring pick that comes way too early in the draft.

What's the period we're talking about historically? That sounds like very recent history to me.

What's the period we're talking about historically? That sounds like very recent history to me.

the last WR the Jets took in the first round was Santana Moss. and he didn't make it to the end of his rookie deal. Before that it was Keyshawn. I do think they will look WR but i doubt in rd 1. maybe rd 2 if the perfect player is there. But more likely they will sign a WR and go defense.

what people are missing or ignoring is there's nothing wrong with the offense that mark sanchez can't fix. The Jets could have Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald and if Sanchez plays like he did last year, that doesn't really matter. Drafting a WR doesn't help mark. only Mark can help himself.

Fair enough. Makes sense to me. Thanks for answering.

the last WR the Jets took in the first round was Santana Moss. and he didn't make it to the end of his rookie deal. Before that it was Keyshawn. I do think they will look WR but i doubt in rd 1. maybe rd 2 if the perfect player is there. But more likely they will sign a WR and go defense.

what people are missing or ignoring is there's nothing wrong with the offense that mark sanchez can't fix. The Jets could have Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald and if Sanchez plays like he did last year, that doesn't really matter. Drafting a WR doesn't help mark. only Mark can help himself.

What about D'Brick/Mangold in '06 and then Keller in '08? OK, Keller was a trade and really so was Mangold...but all draft trades, eh?

I have no urge to see a WR in the first round. MAYBE Jeffery but that's about it. Completely agree on who is going to be the one who fixes the Jets' offensive problems.

What about D'Brick/Mangold in '06 and then Keller in '08? OK, Keller was a trade and really so was Mangold...but all draft trades, eh?

I have no urge to see a WR in the first round. MAYBE Jeffery but that's about it. Completely agree on who is going to be the one who fixes the Jets' offensive problems.

You'd rather see Jeffery in the first than Blackmon or even Floyd?? I don't feel too keen on seeing Jeffery anywhere before the second.

No way I see Adams going to Pitt. He actually reminds me as a prospect version of Starks. I don't think he's as tough as mentioned. I think he got away with looking tough at times against weaker competition. He looked like a scared fat kid at the combine. Just an observation on body language viewed through the TV but I he went out of my way to try and watch him especially after the weak bench press. He's looked uncomfortable and unprepared. Combine that with some off field red flags I just don't see him in the first round anymore, especially not to the Steelers. Maybe to another more desperate team who takes those kind of risks but not Steeler imo.

Kendall Wright to 49ers would be somewhat interesting too. But he and Crabtree are more game fast guys. I still wonder about Crabtree, does he ever get to an elite level in the NFL. Wright to me is somewhat an enigma. You draft him this early to stretch the field. You watch his college career, he's the perfect prospect. You look at his 40 and you're like, huh? I'm going to say he's just one of those guys who's more game fast. I don't know though, weird but he's become a bit more of a risky pick after the combine.

You'd rather see Jeffery in the first than Blackmon or even Floyd?? I don't feel too keen on seeing Jeffery anywhere before the second.

Big meh on Floyd...Blackmon I wouldn't mind.

If Jeffery works out/runs fine then I have no problem with him...He's a nasty player and I'm all about getting nasty players this year.

Big meh on Floyd...Blackmon I wouldn't mind.

If Jeffery works out/runs fine then I have no problem with him...He's a nasty player and I'm all about getting nasty players this year.

I'm all for Jeffery if he shows up in shape and runs as well as he's been linked to (anywhere in the 4.5), but I can't get rid of the notions that he's fat/lazy and will turn into the receiver version of lenwhale. If he can run like he's supposed to and stays in shape, then yes, he's a beast.

Floyd to me would epitomize the type of receiver that we'd need, but that's just from the talent point for me. I've heard all the off the field stuff, but I try not to evaluate that since it's so hit or miss as a ton of these guys are malcontents and do just fine on the field.

A guy like Rueben Randle does a nice job catching bad balls, could be a good player for Sanchez. However they don't often pick these players high and i suspect they'll go Free agency (Braylon) and mid rounds (Criner/McNutt/Fuller etc). Historically the Jets draft defense and sign/trade for offense.

This hasnt been working so far so hopefully they adjust their thinking at some point.

Just my best guess but I think players like Tannehill, Konz, Wilson, Branch, Irvin, Crick, Allen, Spence, Smith, Sanders, Worthy, Martin, Fleener, Kendricks, Pierce, Brandon Brooks, & Charles ALL go sooner.

thanks for the feedback I am already starting another 3 rd mock. these comments really do help the process.

I liked the Pead pick fwiw...but if Worthy, Doug Martin, Fleener, Pierce, Brandon Brooks, are still on the board I'm be rooting for those picks a little more.

I agree some names like Doug Martin and Fleener should (and prob will) go higher

but like Pead for the Jets cause he can catch passes out of back field and return punts. those are 2 ways he can help right away.

Can Bernard Pierce do either of those things? and I like Pierce a ton, think he could have a great career.

Brandon Brooks is ser

I'd personally love the first 2 rounds and I dont think Barron is a first round pick...but dont know if he falls that far in the draft. Not too big on what I consider a mediocre RB in the 3rd...but, its hard to project how the draft is going to fall that late. Plus, I dont think RB is that big of a need. I'd prefer to see a OL or WR pick in the 3rd. If we hauled that, we'd basically address the 3 biggest concerns I have going into 2012.

I agree some names like Doug Martin and Fleener should (and prob will) go higher

but like Pead for the Jets cause he can catch passes out of back field and return punts. those are 2 ways he can help right away.

Can Bernard Pierce do either of those things? and I like Pierce a ton, think he could have a great career.

Brandon Brooks is ser

You make a good point. The more I think about it the more I'm sold. I don't think the Jers are set at RB either. Lack of pass catching by Greene has almost crippled the team at times.

I noticed this got cut off. Brooks is seriously underrated right now. a great Guard prospect who unfortunately didn't get a combine invite. I have him at the cusp of rd 3/4. But a really good player.

The size and power is very Carl Nicks on steroids-y.

Archived