A-rod gives huge speech to team in clubhouse

Blackout

The Rays will be a huge challenge as well as the Sox.

I think the Sox could challenge the Rays for 2nd place. I don't think they will but I could see it happening if things break right for them. :)

I think the Sox could challenge the Rays for 2nd place. I don't think they will but I could see it happening if things break right for them. :)

Sawx will win if

1. CC comes back and plays like the CC of old

2. The Starting Pitching holds up, unlike last year

3. Bobby Valentine STFU

3 will never happen, Rough season in store for the Beantowners

They released the transcript.

"So, hey guys. Look. You know, I know a lot of you guys don't like me and you think that I'm aloof or arrogant or, I don't know, maybe too perfect or whatever, but I just want you to know that, you know, none of that is true and that I think of all of you as my family, except I wouldn't be banging Cameron Diaz behind your guys's backs so you're not exactly family, per se, but maybe like, you know, cousins. Just not the kinda cousins that can get you HGH from the Dominican. But, whatever. The point is, you're all my friends. In fact, I was just talking to my best buddy Mark Swisher over there about how this is gonna be the best year ever here because I'm healthy now and can maybe do a little more to help Derek out because he can't go to his right anymore and he doesn't drive in runs at all, so I got you, DJ. Right? Big ups. Anyway, if I can do my job, and the half of Derek's job that he hasn't done in three years, we're gonna win here and win big because we're the best team in the AL with the best player and I'm so thankful to my supporting cast. So let's bring it in! Go Yankees!"

Sawx will win if

1. CC comes back and plays like the CC of old

2. The Starting Pitching holds up, unlike last year

3. Bobby Valentine STFU

3 will never happen, Rough season in store for the Beantowners

I think, for now, that will not be necessary.

Bobby V getting the press to talk to him about Jeter's play and whatever he spouts instead of bringing up last September to the players for the billionth time is good for the clubhouse.

Eventually, it will be his downfall, but now he deflects the attention away from the players.

I think, for now, that will not be necessary.

Bobby V getting the press to talk to him about Jeter's play and whatever he spouts instead of bringing up last September to the players for the billionth time is good for the clubhouse.

Eventually, it will be his downfall, but now he deflects the attention away from the players.

and that's what bobby does well. He defers all problems his way, then proceeds to tell America he's the smaaaaatest guy at the ballpark

When I was a little kid, and I played Little League baseball....our annual dinner would always have a crappy Mets player to sign autographs. Yankee players would never do such a thing. lol Each year it was either Valentine, or Bud Harrellson......lol

and that's what bobby does well. He defers all problems his way, then proceeds to tell America he's the smaaaaatest guy at the ballpark

When I was a little kid, and I played Little League baseball....our annual dinner would always have a crappy Mets player to sign autographs. Yankee players would never do such a thing. lol Each year it was either Valentine, or Bud Harrellson......lol

So what you're saying is that the Yankees don't care about the children.

Sorry. It explains a lot though.

I feel your pain. I see all the Patriots doing community stuff and all I ever got was the Patriots kicker John Smith. ;)

We got Chris Chambliss one year.

When I was a kid, Valentine was supposed to show up at our little league awards dinner and he never showed up. True story.

A-Rod is a weirdo (no point going into details), and he emabrresed the the Yankees with the steroud scandal in the winter of 2008, but made up for it in 2009 willing them to a WS title. Overal, he's been a great Yankees. We need a big year out of him. Go Yanks.

A-Rod is a weirdo (no point going into details), and he embarrassed the the Yankees with the steroid scandal in the winter of 2008, but made up for it in 2009 willing them to a WS title. Overall, he's been a great Yankees. We need a big year out of him. Go Yanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ellis or Bobby?

Ellis Valentine was a huge prospect for the Expos along with Warren Cromartie and Andre Dawson. They were tagged as the best young outfield in baseball at the time. Ellis put together three pretty nice seasons in the late 70's at the age of 22 through 24.

Never could stay healthy after that, bounced around the league including two seasons with the Mets and was out of baseball at 30.

Ellis Valentine was a huge prospect for the Expos along with Warren Cromartie and Andre Dawson. They were tagged as the best young outfield in baseball at the time. Ellis put together three pretty nice seasons in the late 70's at the age of 22 through 24.

Never could stay healthy after that, bounced around the league including two seasons with the Mets and was out of baseball at 30.

In what would have been the best young outfield in 2000 and could have been if they could have afforded to keep them, the 2000 Royals had a 26yo Jermains Dye and Johnny Damon and a 23yo Carlos Beltran. Plus, the had a 26 yo Mike Sweeney at first. If they could have afforded it, they could have been great.

In what would have been the best young outfield in 2000 and could have been if they could have afforded to keep them, the 2000 Royals had a 26yo Jermains Dye and Johnny Damon and a 23yo Carlos Beltran. Plus, the had a 26 yo Mike Sweeney at first. If they could have afforded it, they could have been great.

Yeah I remember that. Dye came from Atlanta after his rookie season.

Archived