How could any young kid be a Yankees fan?

BigJermaineFromQnz

Besides heredity...

such a boring team with no character, who would you root for if you were 8 years old?

Angry maniac Sheff?

Choke-Rod?

Juicedambi?

Machine-Matsui?

Frog looking dude Posada?

Your best bet would be cano, I guess :?

The Ny Mess have character?

The Ny Mess have character?

The Mets probably have the most character of any team right now.

Pedro, Reyes, Wright, Floyd, Pedro, Diaz, Castro, even matsui (lol)

I even remember one night in august, I think after Castro slammed that 3 Run homer in the first game vs phillie, to give us a come from behind lead in the eight, and put us 1/2 game back in WC... Some yankee fan that night called up WFAN and said that even though he was a yankee fan, it was great to watch the mets and they had a really contagious fun team.

its shea baby, CATCH THE FEVER!

Besides heredity...

such a boring team with no character, who would you root for if you were 8 years old?

Angry maniac Sheff?

Choke-Rod?

Juicedambi?

Machine-Matsui?

Frog looking dude Posada?

Your best bet would be cano, I guess :?

Well, if a young kid has any sense of history.

If they went on the local teams uni's, however, the choice is simple. They can root for a team who wears a black jersey and gray pants with bright lettering which reminds me of NASCAR, or they can root for the PINSTRIPES.

This thread is pointless.

If you are a young kid. And you want to emulate any one player in the game that player would be Derek Jeter.

1. He wins.

2. He carries himself with class.

3. He is a superstar who plays the game the way it was meant to be played.

The pinstripes. It's always been the pinstripes.

Well, if a young kid has any sense of history.

If they went on the local teams uni's, however, the choice is simple. They can root for a team who wears a black jersey and gray pants with bright lettering which reminds me of NASCAR, or they can root for the PINSTRIPES.

If it's one thing kids love.... its history!

haha, i dont think so brohamz. Plus the yankees pinstripes are actually just really drab and boring...

And Jeter isnt all that exciting anymore bro. Time to find a new guy!

If it's one thing kids love.... its history!

haha, i dont think so brohamz. Plus the yankees pinstripes are actually just really drab and boring...

And Jeter isnt all that exciting anymore bro. Time to find a new guy!

We have a new guy. And Yankee management are making sure he doesn't leave anytime soon.

Maybe you have heard of him? His name is Robbie Cano.

We have a new guy. And Yankee management are making sure he doesn't leave anytime soon.

Shhhhhhhhhhh....

Don't tell him. We also have some young exciting kids. But that'll give him a rude awakening.

You mean the same Robinson Cano who gets new gloves at junkyards? The guy is as bad as Kaz Matsui in the field. And I can't remember the splits off the top of my head, but he either doesn't hit at home or one the road.

Or maybe you mean the bound-for-Cooperstown Bubba Crosby?

This is more of the same pumping up of Yankee prospects that always happens. But it's not working this time, there is no KC Athletics to treat as your minor league farm team. And you have nothing in the farm system to trade with.

The Yankees are going to suck for a long time after another year or two. They are old, slow, and have no pitching to speak of. This current run was built by Gene Michael when George was on the shelf and didn't trade all the prospects. Unless George gets suspended again, it'll be a long run between titles again.

I predict the Yanks will finish 3rd in the division behind Boston and Toronto. They do have great uni's though.

[

You mean the same Robinson Cano who gets new gloves at junkyards? The guy is as bad as Kaz Matsui in the field. And I can't remember the splits off the top of my head, but he either doesn't hit at home or one the road.

Or maybe you mean the bound-for-Cooperstown Bubba Crosby?

This is more of the same pumping up of Yankee prospects that always happens. But it's not working this time, there is no KC Athletics to treat as your minor league farm team. And you have nothing in the farm system to trade with.

The Yankees are going to suck for a long time after another year or two. They are old, slow, and have no pitching to speak of. This current run was built by Gene Michael when George was on the shelf and didn't trade all the prospects. Unless George gets suspended again, it'll be a long run between titles again.

I predict the Yanks will finish 3rd in the division behind Boston and Toronto. They do have great uni's though.

Your ignorance of the Yankees Farm System is quite obvious. You must belong to the same pack of fools who claimed before last season that the Yankees had no one in their system who was even remotely ready to contribute at the Major League level.

A Cano and Wang later, and suddenly these guys are being asked by everyone.

Yes, EVERYONE.

So much for no farm system.

And, to further show your ignorance, in 2 years, the Yankees may have the best starting staff in Baseball, all of kids under the age of 25 or so. The Farm System is that good, and the pitching aspect is exceptionally so.Not even a good attempt at talking smack. Just another silly, useless post, full of words, but saying nothing.

Have you been taking lessons from JBF??? :wink:

Your ignorance of the Yankees Farm System is quite obvious. You must belong to the same pack of fools who claimed before last season that the Yankees had no one in their system who was even remotely ready to contribute at the Major League level.

A Cano and Wang later, and suddenly these guys are being asked by everyone.

Yes, EVERYONE.

So much for no farm system.

And, to further show your ignorance, in 2 years, the Yankees may have the best starting staff in Baseball, all of kids under the age of 25 or so. The Farm System is that good, and the pitching aspect is exceptionally so.Not even a good attempt at talking smack. Just another silly, useless post, full of words, but saying nothing.

Have you been taking lessons from JBF??? :wink:

Yes, tell me that part about Melky Cabrera again?

:mrgreen:

Yes, tell me that part about Melky Cabrera again?

:mrgreen:

Do you have difficulty with the English Language?

Should I try Spanish? Hebrew? French? Russian?

We have folks in this office with me who are fluent in these languages, and some others. Let me know what part you need translated.

Hey MBN....you know the minor leagues better than anyone I know.

How about throwing out a few names for us. Nothing crazy, just a few. Because you are not the only one saying this. The Yankees have a lot of talent that is a few years away. They are not household names yet.

Which is scary when you consider the crop that was "no good" produced Wang and Cano last year. Should be interesting to see what the "talented" group can produce.

Yes, its true. Cano cannot hit home or on the road. Yet amazingly he still batted .297

#-o

You're reaching with the defense remarks. Cano is 22, and has a pretty solid glove. And definetly the best 2nd baseman in the AL at turning the doubleplayer. Waaaaa waaaaaa northcoast.

To be fair he Yanks offered Cano in almost every deal before last season so it's not like they were positive about him either. I believe both Texas and the Dbacks turned him down.

I think he will be a star though. Totally unfazed by the NY stage.

Everyone wants Wang and Cano because the remainder of the Yanks Major League roster is old or their contract is too high.

Think about it. You are the Marlins and want to move Pierre, who are you going to ask for Ruben Sierra?

Maybe Yanks up offer to Henn and Melky.

Clearly, Cano's 2005 performance was unexpected by any of the Yankee brass. I cant exactly explain what he brings to the table as a player...but I have to assume that the future is rather bringht for the dude. But they made the mistake of over-valuing him when you coulda had Jason Schmidt, possibly AJ Burnett. Either one of those dudes coulda bridged the gap left by the rest of the starters and possibly outgunned the ahem...Devil Ray opposing pitcher...once or twice more often than the likes of Jaret Wright, thereby putting the Yankees at home against the Angels instead of vice versa.

Who knows? But guys like Cano, Wang, Small, and Chacon being so good last year were clearly the laws of average working in your favor. When $190-$195 million worth of your roster was so painfully inconsistent or oft-injured (or both) then youre bound to have 3 or 4 players play above their potential. I'll be shocked if any of these aforementioned SCRUB-ASSES ever puts together another productive season!

I mean, lets get real here!

Not dealing Cano last July was a mistake. Once again, greed has killed the Yankees! When you have a productive, valued, young player and you are the Yankees...you deal him! Its like the stock market guy on CNBC says: Bears make money, bulls make money, but pigs get slaughtered! You heard it here first, not dealing Robbie was a mistake!

JBF...

I know you are not being entirely serious but I will respond seriously.

Wang = Best is yet to come. He can improve. If so he can be a # 3 starter someday. Not next year though. Not a Boston # 3 starter, I mean a team with a real staff.

Cano = He was consistent. Not spectacular. There is no reason to believe he won't get at least marginally better. Especially on defense.

Small = Don't even invite him to camp. :wink: All the good fortune he was entitled too camp during last season. Years of misfortune, one year of nothing but fortune. It won't continue. Counting on him for anything next season would be a huge mistake.

Hey MBN....you know the minor leagues better than anyone I know.

How about throwing out a few names for us. Nothing crazy, just a few. Because you are not the only one saying this. The Yankees have a lot of talent that is a few years away. They are not household names yet.

Which is scary when you consider the crop that was "no good" produced Wang and Cano last year. Should be interesting to see what the "talented" group can produce.

You mean besides DeSalvo, Clippard, Hughes, Christian Garcia, Jason Marquez, as well as guys like Sean Henn, who still needs time, although his minor league stats are fine, and he has a live arm (and he's a lefty with control, and a 94 MPH fastball)?

Sure, I'll put a write-up on some of these guys.

Archived