The JetNation Fraternity

Bombdirt

After lurking on the JN site for so long, I find it harder and harder to introduce myself as the seasons go by. There's really no good time to jump in: some off-season trade rumor, a preseason prodigy, the usual build-up/meltdown and the rinse/repeat of being a Jets fan. I'm used to it. I live in the Midwest, right in the middle of Bears/Colts/Rams/Bulls/Pacers country. How I became a Jets/Knicks/Yanks fan in between all of that madness is a long and boring tale for another five or six threads. The important thing is this:

JetNation is my source for all of the excitement, let-downs and (most of all) hope that comes with being a Jets fan, and I find you guys to be the most insightful, funny and dare I say loving Jets site on the net. I feel like I know all of the regular posters already and I'd like to be able to add something relevant to the conversation.

All that being said, what's the best way for an ex-lurker to introduce himself? (Besides writing a stupid, rambling paragraph like the one I just did?)

So can I ask how everyone introduced themselves to JetNation? I know it's a lame, boring question, but I'd like to hear some stories about first posts. (Especially since we're within the realm of two million posts)

After lurking on the JN site for so long, I find it harder and harder to introduce myself as the seasons go by. There's really no good time to jump in: some off-season trade rumor, a preseason prodigy, the usual build-up/meltdown and the rinse/repeat of being a Jets fan. I'm used to it. I live in the Midwest, right in the middle of Bears/Colts/Rams/Bulls/Pacers country. How I became a Jets/Knicks/Yanks fan in between all of that madness is a long and boring tale for another five or six threads. The important thing is this:

JetNation is my source for all of the excitement, let-downs and (most of all) hope that comes with being a Jets fan, and I find you guys to be the most insightful, funny and dare I say loving Jets site on the net. I feel like I know all of the regular posters already and I'd like to be able to add something relevant to the conversation.

All that being said, what's the best way for an ex-lurker to introduce himself? (Besides writing a stupid, rambling paragraph like the one I just did?)

whats up? welcome

So can I ask how everyone introduced themselves to JetNation? I know it's a lame, boring question, but I'd like to hear some stories about first posts. (Especially since we're within the realm of two million posts)

My first post was something like, Fuk yall, I'm the King. Solid.

I showed up for teh mafia goodness and noticed Jetnation to be a kinder gentler sight. Then Max envited me to the lounge for bacon bites, doughnuts, a reach around and then made me a Mod. Glad you decided to speak up. Quick personal question if I may... do you have any sort of mental illness in your your past? If you do please come to the mafia forum and sign up for the next game. You will probably regret it but we would love to have you.*

*note: reach arounds are available by request and sometimes they just happen.

I showed up and started being a dick.

Welcome. Sounds like you're near Chicago. You have company, several of us are in Michigan.

I've come to the conclusion that a huge percentage of the fans that post on message boards, specifically JN, are displaced New Yorkers. Including myself. I first started posting on boards when I lived in Georgia, then Indiana, now Boston. Sites like JN provide an extension of NY/NJ for those of us that grew up there, grew up rooting for these awful teams, and have moved away and have too much friggin pride to stop rooting for the teams we picked when we were young and dumb.

I showed up for teh mafia goodness and noticed Jetnation to be a kinder gentler sight. Then Max envited me to the lounge for bacon bites, doughnuts, a reach around and then made me a Mod. Glad you decided to speak up. Quick personal question if I may... do you have any sort of mental illness in your your past? If you do please come to the mafia forum and sign up for the next game. You will probably regret it but we would love to have you.*

*note: reach arounds are available by request and sometimes they just happen.

teh mafia goodness would be a good way for anyone to be beaten in.

You better be funny.

i dont remember. It was a Sunday... August 20th 2006. Red Sox and Yankees were playing. So Im guessing it was either dealing with the Yanks/Red Sox or about our thrilling win the night before in Washington. Either way it was probably due to calling someone out for being an a$$hole.

I lurked on here since around draft day 2006 after hanging out in Bassett's jetsblog when I didnt have ESPN to watch the draft and I had to follow along on the computer.

I've come to the conclusion that a huge percentage of the fans that post on message boards, specifically JN, are displaced New Yorkers. Including myself. I first started posting on boards when I lived in Georgia, then Indiana, now Boston. Sites like JN provide an extension of NY/NJ for those of us that grew up there, grew up rooting for these awful teams, and have moved away and have too much friggin pride to stop rooting for the teams we picked when we were young and dumb.

Cool_Story_Bro.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. From reading the boards, I know I should use the word "slapdick" and the phrase "sign this beast" whenever possible. Hopefully that knowledge will get me through the first couple of weeks, haha.

In all seriousness, it's good to finally be posting. Happy to be here.

So can I ask how everyone introduced themselves to JetNation? I know it's a gay, boring question, but I'd like to hear some stories about first posts. (Especially since we're within the realm of two million posts)

Fixed. :biggrin:

I met our fearless leader on a Jets road trip, introduced by the one and only BrenJet. ( where r u Brenda?|) Maxie said the site was new and needed some smart, insightfull posters to help get it off the ground. I told him was wife was to busy for such games but hey, I'll give it a shot...

Welcome, beware the cronies...

Like a lot of other older posters, I migrated from another site so first posts were never an issue considering I was familiar with most of the original splitters. What they didn't know is that I am a double agent, still loyal to the old site and reporting the inner workings of JN back to my superiors. Unfortunately JN has no inner workings. Other than the inititiation of having to give the mods back shaves and Crisco massages. Wierd that you have to get re-initiated once a month.

Archived