• Dolphins
    • Broncos
    • Chiefs
    • Redskins
    • Cowboys
    • Cardinals
    • Seahawks

Jets. sigh

Sanchez gets traded to Seattle for a pair of second round picks (2012 and 2013), and goes on to make sweet, sweet music with Sidney Rice and Skittles-McGee

Manning gets injured in week 3, and McEleroy takes us to a 4-12 record...which we use to draft Matt Barkley in the first round, next year.

Barkley takes us to the AFC championship game, back-to-back, but then flops in his third year (8-8 record, egh)...so we trade for a then injured Tom Brady...and we start winning Super Bowls.

Super Bowl 2016, baby!!!

Jets. sigh

Sanchez gets traded to Seattle for a pair of second round picks (2012 and 2013), and goes on to make sweet, sweet music with Sidney Rice and Skittles-McGee

Manning gets injured in week 3, and McEleroy takes us to a 4-12 record...which we use to draft Matt Barkley in the first round, next year.

Barkley takes us to the AFC championship game, back-to-back, but then flops in his third year (8-8 record, egh)...so we trade for a then injured Tom Brady...and we start winning Super Bowls.

Super Bowl 2016, baby!!!

This is my new mantra.

Jets. sigh

Super Bowl 2016, baby!!!

I hate you

Jets. The additional marketing opportunities will offset the no income tax in Florida, and the Jets could win now if Peyton is anywhere near his old self. I am also sure that he wants to match Eli's SB rings, so I doubt he is going to a team that doesn't have a shot even with Manning. SF and the Jets are the best fits, and he has the potential to dwarf his brother if he comes to the big apple.

I can't imagine Archie would ever do business with a ****stick like Ross. Can you imagine Peyton Manning in a job interview with JLo and Da Birdman?

Outside of AFC West it is easiest division to win, warm weather decent team and what appears to be a good HC.

I can't imagine Archie would ever do business with a ****stick like Ross. Can you imagine Peyton Manning in a job interview with JLo and Da Birdman?

That's a hilarious--and uncomfortable--mental picture.

When the dust settles, I'd say he's in Arizona or maybe Houston.

Outside of AFC West it is easiest division to win, warm weather decent team and what appears to be a good HC.

So forgetting for a moment that you're already lauding the coaching prowess of a man who has yet to oversee a single OTA session as a head coach, never mind actually coach a game, how exactly is the AFC East an easier division to win than any one of the AFC South, NFC East, or NFC West?

I disagree. The AFC East still has that powerhouse team and the Jets.

I think the AFC south sans Peyton Manning on the Colts is pretty easy.

Esp., if he lands with the Texans...who reportedly want nothing to do with him.

I guess I wouldn't overpay for him either in this division.

Colts--rookie QB

Texans

Jaguars -- 2nd year rookie QB

Titans -- 2nd year rookie QB

I read somewhere the reason Eli didn't go to San Diego was they didn't want them both in the AFC.

If that's true (who knows?), you can eliminate all NFC team's for Payton, no matter how perfect (San Fran).

I can see them wanting to go to Houston first and the fall back plan is Tennessee!

They stay in division and get to hammer the Colts twice.

Report: Peyton will pick team within week, prefers AFC to NFC

Posted by Josh Alper on March 8, 2012, 10:18 AM EST

610x54.jpg?w=250 Getty Images

Peyton Manning said Wednesday that he hadn’t started thinking about his next team before officially being released by the Colts, but a report from Adam Schefter of ESPN makes it seem like someone in his camp has been looking ahead.

Schefter reports that Manning will pick his 2012 team within the next week and that he has a preference to remain in the AFC over heading to the NFC. Both make a lot of sense.

Choosing a new home quickly would allow the chosen team to figure out the cap implications in time to jump into free agency without losing out on potential targets while waiting for Manning to decide. If there’s a need to massage the roster to create cap room or to make a move involving a quarterback presently on the roster, it can be done swiftly with an eye toward making other moves to bolster the roster around Manning. The only rub to that scenario is that Manning still needs to show teams how well he can throw.

As of now, there are now known workouts scheduled with any teams interested in making a play for Manning nor is there an open workout for any and all teams to attend. It’s hard to imagine any team making a deal with Manning based only of off the video from Duke or secondhand reports about his fitness. This issue can be taken care of quickly, though, and, assuming Manning can throw well, it wouldn’t take long to go from workout to contract if Manning is dead set on playing for that team.

The AFC over NFC preference makes sense from the standpoint of Manning’s familiarity with the conference as well as the fact that there appear to be more teams in the AFC that could thrust themselves into contention by acquiring a healthy and productive Manning. With the 49ers remaining steadfast in their commitment to Alex Smith, the other NFC teams thought to be in the mix would still have to deal with a strong group of contenders returning more or less intact. The AFC has good teams too, of course, but a Manning acquisition might do more to swing the balance of power on that side.

If this is accurate rule out SF, WSH, AZ, etc.

Can't see him wanting to play for J-Lo and Serena Williams and if his affinity for Colt fans is genuine maybe he doesn't go to Houston to pound them twice a year?

Miami------ Already has a house there which means he likes the area. No income tax. Warm weather. All pro LT. good running game. Good D

Yeah, Miami is looking like the front-runner for those reasons listed.

But I'm not sure having an all pro LT and a good Center (Pouncy) is going to cut it.

LG Richie Incognito is not a world beater, and they're cutting ties with their starting RG (Vernon Carey) and RT Marc Colombo.

That entire right-side is going to be brand new = death for Manning's fragile neck.

Plus, Long is entering a contract year: speculation is that he'll command one of the richest left tackle deals in league history.

Browns LT Joe Thomas signed an eight-year, $92 million contract with $44 million guaranteed last August. That's a lot of money for the Dolphins if Manning does in fact, work out.

AFC makes more sense. I'm sure he doesn't want to be fighting his brother for a playoff spot. It also leaves open the possibility of a Manning vs Manning SB

1. Miami

2. KC

3. Jets

IN--NEW YORK, no less. (well, next year)

If there is any 'rigging' of the games, and there is. Goddell & the refs would do anything in their power to arrange that. Can you imagine, a brother vs. brother SB, in the first cold-weather stadium SB since Christ died, hosting two home teams, to boot. The entire civilized world would come to a stop to watch that drama unfold...and ticket prices would be (justifiably) out of control.

Jets. sigh

Super Bowl 2016, baby!!!

Just like a bad twightlight zone episode.....actually I can see us sending Sanchez to Seattle to be joined up with his former coach.....I do believe he would do just fine out there....

So forgetting for a moment that you're already lauding the coaching prowess of a man who has yet to oversee a single OTA session as a head coach, never mind actually coach a game, how exactly is the AFC East an easier division to win than any one of the AFC South, NFC East, or NFC West?

Simple

1) manning will shred the Pats awful defense and yes it is very slapd1ck

2) jets still have sanchez as their QB

3) Jills are improving but not their yet

Archived