2006 payroll?

TaborJet

OK, before we start...

Yes, I know the Yankees have the highest payroll in the league, blah blah blah. But where will the Mets and Red Sox stand after this offseason? All three teams will still be head and shoulders above the rest of the league with payroll. And the Sox may unload Manny to the Rangers for Soriano? There's one bloated paycheck for another right there.

MBNOO7 is probably the best resource to answer your question of where payroll is now for those 3 teams.

As a Mets fan I know we have so far basically replaced Piazza,Cameron,Looper money with Wagner and Delgado.

I do expect more activity and salary though.

With or without a Manny deal,I would guess the Mets coming in around 120-130 mill in 2006 which would be 10-15 mill above last year I believe.

I would guess the Mets coming in around 120-130 mill in 2006 which would be 10-15 mill above last year I believe.

This is accurate and seems to be what the Mets are thinking. 130 should be the most they can break camp with.

This is accurate and seems to be what the Mets are thinking. 130 should be the most they can break camp with.

Maybe a few bucks higher. But in that range.

Unless they trade for Manny, and only give up prospects, and take on all that payroll. Then we are talking nearer to 150, or so.

But I doubt that.

MBNOO7 is probably the best resource to answer your question of where payroll is now for those 3 teams.

As a Mets fan I know we have so far basically replaced Piazza,Cameron,Looper money with Wagner and Delgado.

I do expect more activity and salary though.

With or without a Manny deal,I would guess the Mets coming in around 120-130 mill in 2006 which would be 10-15 mill above last year I believe.

I second that sentiment, MBN007 is probably one of the most knowledgeable, unbiased guys on here. I was happy when he joined us from JI.com.

LL

• 2 weeks later...

Latest from Newsday:

SALARIES ADDED SO FAR (2006)

Carlos Delgado $13.5 million

Billy Wagner $10.5 million

Paul Lo Duca $6.25 million

$30.25 million added.

SALARIES CUT

Mike Piazza $15 million

Mike Cameron $6 million

Doug Mientkiewicz $3.75 million

Braden Looper $3.5 million

$28.25 Million Removed

Minor moves they didn't list was Franco at 1 mill per replacing Roberto Hernandez's 750,000 salary and Jose Valentin at 900,000 replacing Marlon Anderson who I believe made a little more.

Archived