Namath: "Peyton Manning Won't be Interested in Joining the Jets"

flgreen

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahah...yes and after having won at least 1 SB since 1997!!!!!......excellent!

Ya think Manning won that Super Bowl?

During the play offs that year Manning threw 2 TD's and 7 interceptions. The Colts defense gave up 8 points to KC, 6 points to the Ravens, and 17 to the Bears in the Super Bowl.

Yep, Manning carried the team on his back.

During his career Manning is 9-10 in the Playoffs. Has 1 game winning drive in the playoffs in his whole career, BWT Sanchez has 2

I don't know what makes every one think that if a diminished Manning comes here the Jets will win the Super Bowl.

The guy has been a HOF QB during the season, and a choker in the playoffs

Ya think Manning won that Super Bowl?

During the play offs that year Manning threw 2 TD's and 7 interceptions. The Colts defense gave up 8 points to KC, 6 points to the Ravens, and 17 to the Bears in the Super Bowl.

Yep, Manning carried the team on his back.

During his career Manning is 9-10 in the Playoffs. Has 1 game winning drive in the playoffs in his whole career, BWT Sanchez has 2

I don't know what makes every one think that if a diminished Manning comes here the Jets will win the Super Bowl.

The guy has been a HOF QB during the season, and a choker in the playoffs

I would bet big money, that since 1997 our Jets D has been better than the Colts D except maybe for 1 year (2005 or 2006). I would bet big money that Peyton would have been something special to watch in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.....can you say honestly that if we would have drafted Peyton and he played on some of these teams we had we would not have won at least 1 SB? It's the same argument about Marino....Marino a Jet = at least 1 SB appearance and maybe at least 1 victory in the SB right or wrong?

I would bet big money, that since 1997 our Jets D has been better than the Colts D except maybe for 1 year (2005 or 2006). I would bet big money that Peyton would have been something special to watch in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.....can you say honestly that if we would have drafted Peyton and he played on some of these teams we had we would not have won at least 1 SB? It's the same argument about Marino....Marino a Jet = at least 1 SB appearance and maybe at least 1 victory in the SB right or wrong?

LOL I'll take that bet

Betting on something that can't be proven is always fun.

Fact of the matter is with a very strong supporting cast on offense Manning has been horrible in the play offs

LOL I'll take that bet

Betting on something that can't be proven is always fun.

Fact of the matter is with a very strong supporting cast on offense Manning has been horrible in the play offs

The point I am making is the guy has 1 SB more than us....that's all.

The point I am making is the guy has 1 SB more than us....that's all.

I understand the point your trying to make, and I'm honestly not trying to make fun of you.

There is one bet I will take, but it has a BIG if on it. That IF is, if Woody doesn't go chasing after the "next shiny thing he sees" Rex and Sanchez will win at least 1 Super Bowl.

With the appropriate odds of course. :)

I understand the point your trying to make, and I'm honestly not trying to make fun of you.

There is one bet I will take, but it has a BIG if on it. That IF is, if Woody doesn't go chasing after the "next shiny thing he sees" Rex and Sanchez will win at least 1 Super Bowl.

With the appropriate odds of course. :)

wha...wha...my feelings are hurt you made fun of me...wha.....haha..in all seriousness...i get it....and hope your right.

hahahhahahaha/... Can I borrow the powder blue trike, would be a big hit in any jamband parking lot

Lucky for you, my trike was stolen so I'm looking to upgrade. Crushlove posted some trike pictures in the imitation game that I'm looking into.

again, old Joe was right.

The one thing about Joe and has always been...is the guys says it and calls it like it is...there is no BS in the guy. I wish there were more people out there like him.....and I know someone will make some snotty comment like..."more old drunk dudes".....

There is only one Joe Namath and to be honest Thank God For That!

im happy the Jets aren't in this Manning thing. He's gonna be really rusty and possibly terrible. Nerve damage is not a joke. Huge amount of risk, and a narrow path to success. I didn't think he'd play again. Still not convinced it's a great idea.

the Broncos are actually a good fit cause their gimmick tebow offense wasn't championship caliber. Obviously the Jets offense isn't either but at least it's a pro offense. The Broncos playbook was from high school.

Archived