Major League - Game Thread

Sharrow

City-of-Cleveland.jpg

Cleveland Ohio. The year is 1988, and it has been 34 years since the 1954 World Series. That was the year the Indians had a record .721 winning percentage, but were swept in the series by the New York Giants. The Tribe, suffering from a 30 year slump, hasn’t been back. Things aren’t looking good for this season either, as the team has just lost it’s best two players to free agency. Common sentiment among fans regarding the current roster is that “These guys don’t look too ****ing good”.

If that wasn’t enough, the owner of the team, Donald Phelps, has just died. And to make matters worse, his ex-showgirl wife, Rachel, has taken over the team. Originally from Las Vegas, the gold-digging bitch has no loyalty to the team or to the city.

She has decided that she wants to move the team to Miami where a new stadium and a mansion in Boca Raton await her. But the only way the league will allow it is if attendance drops below 800,000 for the year. To accomplish this, she has assembled a bunch of has-beens and never-weres to fill out the roster. Surely they will lose a record number of games and finish dead last allowing her to accomplish her goal. That is, unless something is done about it…

Can the Indians pull themselves together and thwart Ms. Phelps’ plan or will they let their differences fracture the team and get the better of them?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RULES

1. Reveals: You may NOT reveal or hint at your character name. If you do, you will be mod killed.

2. No out-of-thread communications may be either entirely or partially quoted, screen-capped or in any other way directly provided within the game thread.

3. If I think you are employing tactics that are outside the spirit of the game, I will modkill you. If I think you are trying to or have gained an advantage by bending the rules or pushing them to their limits, I may balance the situation by helping your opponents. Ask me first.

4. Communication about the game to any other players outside of the game thread is not allowed unless specifically authorized.

5. Do not make any game-related posts after you have died.

6. Editing is allowed.

7. Quoting the Mod/Revealing Mod Pics: You may not quote anything I say in PM. You can’t talk about what I said or may have said in my PM’s unless I give you permission. Every PM has been worded different to help avoid this. I’ll be quick on the modkill trigger, so don’t even think about it.

8. Anything I forgot.

14. GFY

Ftr, I have given specific instructions to some players about what they can and cannot reveal. If you even try to use these instructions to effect the gameplay, I will modkill you. Don't disobey the instructions, and don't tell anyone that you were given instructions. Don't even hint at it. Period.

All role PMs have been sent. If you didn't get one, or have any questions, send me a PM.

1. StraightCash - Suzanne Dorn, Scum Roleblocker, Killed Night 5

2. Naeann -

3. Optimus Primate - Harry Doyle, Town Mason, Killed Night 2

4. Jetscode - Charlie Donovan, Scum Godfather, Killed Night 6

5. JiF - Jobu, Town Bomb, Killed Night 1

6. AVM - Lou Brown, Town Doctor, Killed Night 2

7. Pac - Clu Heywood, Yankee Serial Killer, Killed Night 1

8. Crusher - Pedro Cerrano, Roleless Town with Grudge, Lynched Day 6

9. Jetsfan80 - Monty, Town Mason, Killed Night 1

10. Verbal - "The Duke" Simpson, Yankee Serial Killer, Lynched Day 4

11. Leelou -

12. SMC - Cha-Cha, Scum that takes 2 nights to investigate, Killed Night 4

13. Smashmouth - Mitchell Freedman, Town Miller, Killed Night 5

14. Migisi - Willie Mays Hayes, Town with Bulletproof Vests, Lynched Day 3

15. Vicious - Pepper Leach, Town Pitching Coach, Lynched Day 2

16. TinaHel - Lynn Wells, Town Motivator, Killed Day 2

17. Nolder - Eddie Harris, Roleless Town with Grudge, Lynched Day 1

18. HessStation -

19. Slats - Rachel Phelps, Scum that can only be killed by lynch, Lynched Day 5

20. Tim Tebow - Town Savior, Immortal Legend

vote: 80

Visited seachicken country with a friend Tuesday. This is me voting you for being bitter about all the nice things you have.

We don't get nice things in Greenville. You know...because of the umbrellas.

vote: 80

Visited seachicken country with a friend Tuesday. This is me voting you for being bitter about all the nice things you have.

We don't get nice things in Greenville. You know...because of the umbrellas.

Don't eff with my homie.

Vote AVM

Just FYI dickholes, I am at SXSW conference through the weekend. I didn't expect this game to start anytime soon, I'll be a lite contributor until I get back. Someone else will have to beat the grass.

Also, Nolder is stupid. I just nailed him as scum AGAIN in our DM game. LOL

I´m here.

FYI. I live far away from the rest of you which means that I´m sleeping when most of you are active. It also means that English is not my native language and you will soon notice that.

Vote Nae.

Archived