Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Mike T Speaking to the media tonight

According to @NYNJSportsGuy on twitter, Tannenbaum is talking to the media tonight at 10:15.

@NYNJSportsGuy Mike T conference call at 10:15. No official word on what its about, assume its a withdrawal from Manning sweeps

I don't know if it is true, I spoke with Adam the guy who reported it on Twitter and he says they are scheduling it now.

Any links to watch it? I know it's not going to be on the TV down here.

No, if this is true they just do a conf call for the media. We don't typically get invited, but we usually have the transcripts once it is done.

let the Stu...Stu...Studdering idiocy begin. About to pop some kernals and melt some butter,,,,, It's a process

No, if this is true they just do a conf call for the media. We don't typically get invited, but we usually have the transcripts once it is done.

That's disappointing, you don't get the full train wreck feel of a live Mike T conference from transcripts.

I have a feeling I know where this is going...

*Tannenbaum steps to the podium at 10:50 PM*

Mike T: "Sorry guys to keep you waiting. I just want to make it clear to everyone that we are committed to Mark as our QB. He's our guy and we're going to move forward with him. I believe in him and this organization believes in him. He knows that he needs to get better, but he works as hard as anybody on this team and I believe he'll get to where he needs to be."

Jets PR opens the floor up looking for a softball question.

Reporter: So there's no interest at all in Peyton Manning?

Mike T: "We're always looking for ways to improve the team. With a guy like Peyton... It's something that we considered internally, but we quickly decided that we were happy with our current situation."

Dick Cimini: Do you think your failed pursuit of Manning will fracture your relationship with Mark?

Mike T: "Rich, like I said, it was just a discussion. Whenever anybody gets released or becomes available we have a discussion, but it never really got farther than that."

20 minutes later...

Rich Cimini posts an article about how the Jets bumbling of the Manning situation will destroy Sanchez's fragile confidence.

Rex and Mike T swear about the fact that Peyton Manning turned them down.

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling I know where this is going...

*Tannenbaum steps to the podium at 10:50 PM*

Mike T: "Sorry guys to keep you waiting. I just want to make it clear to everyone that we are committed to Mark as our QB. He's our guy and we're going to move forward with him. I believe in him and this organization believes in him. He knows that he needs to get better, but he works as hard as anybody on this team and I believe he'll get to where he needs to be."

Jets PR opens the floor up looking for a softball question.

Reporter: So there's no interest at all in Peyton Manning?

Mike T: "We're always looking for ways to improve the team. With a guy like Peyton... It's something that we considered internally, but we quickly decided that we were happy with our current situation."

Dick Cimini: Do you think your failed pursuit of Manning will fracture your relationship with Mark?

Mike T: "Rich, like I said, it was just a discussion. Whenever anybody gets released or becomes available we have a discussion, but it never really got farther than that."

20 minutes later...

Rich Cimini posts an article about how the Jets bumbling of the Manning situation will destroy Sanchez's fragile confidence.

Rex and Mike T swear about the fact that Peyton Manning turned them down.

Pretty close lol

The guy who broke this story says it is legit, claims to be at WFAN right now. None of the main stream media is reporting it yet, and I haven't seen an announcement from the Jets. Will post more once I know.

What happened with SNY, they used to broadcast them

Jay Glazer tweeted that the Jets are definitely out of the Peyton Manning sweepstakes.

What happened with SNY, they used to broadcast them

This is a media conference call, not a press conference.

Hopefully it's to announce a Pouha signing instead of an uncalled for presser to confirm no manning when everyone already new that months ago.

What type of events do they usually have the media conference call for? Do you think its about being out on Manning, or would they do this to announce a player signing, Pouha?

What type of events do they usually have the media conference call for? Do you think its about being out on Manning, or would they do this to announce a player signing, Pouha?

I would be shocked if they were announcing good news late on a Friday night. So I don't think it is Pouha.

This is very strange....there are rumblings that it is to announce they are out of Manning Mania.

i didn't misunderstand you, they've covered conference calls before

The guy who broke this story says it is legit, claims to be at WFAN right now. None of the main stream media is reporting it yet, and I haven't seen an announcement from the Jets. Will post more once I know.

If he's really at WFAN, tell him to pee on Francesa's chair in the studio.

why would they have to announce that they are out of the manning sweepstakes?

Indeed that makes no sense. Calling a press conference to announce not doing something is a waste of everyone's time. On a Friday night no less.

Wow Sanchez extension here comes 3 million posts, good business max

Sanchez, 2 yr extension

I wonder if this will alleviate any cap space for this year

Edited by BroadwayJ667

Should we start the thread predicting who will get the 3 millionth post on JN...Sanchez extension. Haters will be out in full force tonight. Someone check any ledges or bridges where JiF lives.

well FAN just said they are hearing that it is to say they are out of the Peyton thing

WTF, they called a confrence for that?? Assholes

Sanchez gets a new deal, the Jets get more cap room.

so this is more or less a restructure of did he get more $$$ ?

He got 3 years added to the 2 left on his rookie deal for about $13.5M per year average. It brings this year's cap number way down.

I would be shocked if they were announcing good news late on a Friday night. So I don't think it is Pouha.

This is very strange....there are rumblings that it is to announce they are out of Manning Mania.

You ******* nailed that one

You ******* nailed that one

Thanks.

It is like they wanted to let the fallout from the Sanchez extension fade away over the weekend. Luckily, the internet never sleeps.