Mark Sanchez gets 5 year extension

Lupz27

I won't resort to namecalling.

But you could've written the same exact thing about Chad Pennington at any time in his Jets' tenure.

You don't get it. You can surrounds turd with flowers and gold, but it's still a turd. Sanchez is a stiff.

Brees is still in a contract brawl in new Orleans. The Jets didn't have to do this until the end of the montth. As with Revis, Tannenbaum for a supposed lawyer has NO IDEA how to negotiate.

A great QB makes those players better. Sanchez wuill never be that QB. And overpaying and extending him when no one wants him makes no sense.

Lets just agree to disagree. I have seen many great QB's fail with less talent to play with ..... Kurt Warner comes to mind since the middle of his career was amounting to JAG status until he went to the Cardinals and was once again surrounded by Elite talent at the WR position. You think Peyotn Manning is stupid enough to come to this team when looking at the histoically stupid ignorance of skill players on offense ?

It makes me laugh that Jets fans think a 32 year old has been RB, a 34 year od WR fresh out of jail, a 38 year old cast off locker room cancer from the ravens, and a borderline moron lockerroom cancer (holmes) are good things for a young QB to grow with. Along with total disregard for the O-Line issues we all saw comming in the preseason last year.

Its common knowledge that young Franchise QB's are usually surrounded by young skill players to grow with yet the Jets continue to try and put used bandaids on what seems to be a ten year problem. Yes even back in the days when Chad actully played well for this team starting in 02 the Jets next brillinat move was to let his go to WR Laverneous Coles bolt va FA to the Redskins. Wonder how Peyton Manning would have felt if the Colts just let Marvin Harrison walk after his second year with Peyton ? Wonder how Montana would have felt of they just let Jerry Rice walk Wonder if the Lions really give a rats a$$ about Calvin Johnson or the Texans about Andre. It blows my mind how jets fans just look past the talent and blame it all on the QB showing the total lack of knowledge about this game so as to say a 32 34 and 38 year old pack of skill players were supposed to help Mark Sanchez its just absolutely moronic and goes aganist every rule of the game.

Chad Pennington completed passes at a 67% clip and ran the west coast offense very well. All we needed to do was get him some talent to get the ball too an we failed to do it its no mystery why we dont surround Sanchez with talent its the same old bullsh*t. I dont expect iot to change much and I fully expect the same stupidity around here to blame it all on the QB.

Yep sorry Jets fans but If Peyton Manning has anything its a brain and hes smart enough not to come here and be surrounded by the Likes of Santonio Holmes and a pack of JAGS

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truth is I've cried over less. Hope all you Sanchez loving retarded faggots are happy. You deserve what you are going to get. Luckily I got two boys I can watch play high school ball for the next fours years. Because the Jets will be un-watchable for any fan holding onto a shred of reality. Please don't bother qouting me I got nothing left to say except **** you guys.

SMC was smart to move on, I have been contemplating switching to Packers, love watching a real QB play and they wear green and are Classy from GM to Coach. They rewarded Flynn by not attaching franchise tag and let him pick his team. The more i think of it...Go Pack Go, not wasting much more time on this crash and burn team

I

. Im sorry you clowns cant see that this team needs some real talent on the offensive side of the ball thats not fresh out of jail or taking pics of thier dicks on the internet . The hatred for Sanchez on these forums by a select few idiots is getting really old and stupid. The QB across town and his brother both did much worse in their first 3 years in the league and Giants fans wanted Eli the hell out of here and look what happened once they got him some talent to play with. What you fools need to be hoping for is that the Jets back up this signing and get some freakin REAL players in here to compete on offense if not your going to think your all right yet again when Sanchez fails due to lack of talent. This whole thing rides on the personnel decisions this team makes in the next few years and more importantly this year. If you guys are so unhappy with this move that you have to resort to constant name calling and stupid comments to get Rep then you should go root for the Giants. Now that this is over maybe you should start being a fan and hope your team makes the right moves moving forward

**** this team. Full of retards and faggots.

SMC was smart to move on, I have been contemplating switching to Packers, love watching a real QB play and they wear green and are Classy from GM to Coach. They rewarded Flynn by not attaching franchise tag and let him pick his team. The more i think of it...Go Pack Go, not wasting much more time on this crash and burn team

Like I said I feel lucky to have Baby Crusher and Little Sal to watch for the next four years. WE have seen the best of the Rex Ryan era. This you can bet on.

Like I said I feel lucky to have Baby Crusher and Little Sal to watch for the next four years. WE have seen the best of the Rex Ryan era. This you can bet on.

Yep My Saturdays are always awesome, it could be worse, i could be a Clemson fan too lol

Lets just agree to disagree. I have seen many great QB's fail with less talent to play with ..... Kurt Warner comes to mind since the middle of his career was amounting to JAG status until he went to the Cardinals and was once again surrounded by Elite talent at the WR position. You think Peyotn Manning is stupid enough to come to this team when looking at the histoically stupid ignorance of skill players on offense ?

It makes me laugh that Jets fans think a 32 year old has been RB, a 34 year od WR fresh out of jail, a 38 year old cast off locker room cancer from the ravens, and a borderline moron lockerroom cancer (holmes) are good things for a young QB to grow with. Along with total disregard for the O-Line issues we all saw comming in the preseason last year.

Its common knowledge that young Franchise QB's are usually surrounded by young skill players to grow with yet the Jets continue to try and put used bandaids on what seems to be a ten year problem. Yes even back in the days when Chad actully played well for this team starting in 02 the Jets next brillinat move was to let his go to WR Laverneous Coles bolt va FA to the Redskins. Wonder how Peyton Manning would have felt if the Colts just let Marvin Harrison walk after his second year with Peyton ? Wonder how Montana would have felt of they just let Jerry Rice walk Wonder if the Lions really give a rats a$$ about Calvin Johnson or the Texans about Andre. It blows my mind how jets fans just look past the talent and blame it all on the QB showing the total lack of knowledge about this game so as to say a 32 34 and 38 year old pack of skill players were supposed to help Mark Sanchez its just absolutely moronic and goes aganist every rule of the game.

Chad Pennington completed passes at a 67% clip and ran the west coast offense very well. All we needed to do was get him some talent to get the ball too an we failed to do it its no mystery why we dont surround Sanchez with talent its the same old bullsh*t. I dont expect iot to change much and I fully expect the same stupidity around here to blame it all on the QB.

Yep sorry Jets fans but If Peyton Manning has anything its a brain and hes smart enough not to come here and be surrounded by the Likes of Santonio Holmes and a pack of JAGS

Pennington, despite his accuracy, was easily defensed. Ultimately he was a JAG.

Sanchez is in almost every metric worse by a lot. He may not even be a JAG. He is not an will never be a franchise QB. Paying him like a Franchise QB will not make him one. Why overpay him even a penny? Again, in a fair competition I suspect MCElroy would give him a run. But due to the contract it won't happen. Decisions are being amde by contract money, not talent and production. It always has to be a consideraion, but it's making a mess of this team. It never works.

Sanchez is in almost every metric worse by a lot. He may not even be a JAG. He is not an will never be a franchise QB. Paying him like a Franchise QB will not make him one. Why overpay him even a penny? Again, in a fair competition I suspect MCElroy would give him a run. But due to the contract it won't happen. Decisions are being amde by contract money, not talent and production. It always has to be a consideraion, but it's making a mess of this team. It never works.

So you would have said the same things about the Mannings, Terry Bradshaw, and many others who stunk their first 3 years in the league and eventually went on the win SB's. The great Peyton Manning was labeled a choker with Hsappy feet his first 7 years of total fail in the playoffs. Saying Sanchez is not even a JAG and has no chance is ridiculous. Im done on this subject.

I find this post to be the most disturbing of all...because it is dead on. Sanchez is not even a JAG right now. He's worse. And the fact that Tanny would be allowed by ownership to extend Sanchez is really discouraging.

When will this organization attempt to build the right way. I am sick of all these band aids. We give Sanchez a HUGE contract extension so we can free up some cap space in the short term? WTF is that? This team is not competing for a title in the next year two years. And how about the long term? We are stuck with a BAD QB for the next few years.

Last I checked QB was the most important position in sports. By the time this POS is done QB'ing our Jets - Revis, Mangold and Harris are all gonna be on the wrong side of 30.

Thank you Tanny your piece of garbage. Thank you Woody Johnson you fukin moron.

Seriously, this isn't about Sanchez anymore. Sanchez is the same awful QB he was yesterday. It's irrelevant. This is about one of the most mindless moves I've ever seen.

What was one of the FO and player's complaints? Sanchez is babied... He's been handed the job... He's never had any competition... They literally just reinforced that for no reason at all.

Starting to hope the Dolphins get Manning because this team needs to be blown up badly, starting with the contract heavy GM who in 6 years, has two AFC championship games and a ton of bad contracts to his name.

I'd prefer they had sent tons of draft picks (like Wash just did) to land RG3. And that is sad bc that is/was lunacy.

We are now locked into Sanchez for at least two or three years. We will not and cannot win a Super Bowl in that time. Give up tons of picks for RG3 and were going no-where for several years either. But at the end of that time, you "might" have a top QB. At least that is a possibility. What will we have with Sanchez three years from now? Besides an aging core?

Seriously, this isn't about Sanchez anymore. Sanchez is the same awful QB he was yesterday. It's irrelevant. This is about one of the most mindless moves I've ever seen.

What was one of the FO and player's complaints? Sanchez is babied... He's been handed the job... He's never had any competition... They literally just reinforced that for no reason at all.

Starting to hope the Dolphins get Manning because this team needs to be blown up badly, starting with the contract heavy GM who in 6 years, has two AFC championship games and a ton of bad contracts to his name.

I've NEVER rooted against the Jets in my life. Next year - if it means they clean house - I hope this team goes 2-14.

But it wont...Tanny just signed us up for 7-8 wins a year for the foreseeable future.

LOL, Jet fans are the best. I'm absolitely loving this because I was hoping that Sanchez haters like you would be forced to hope that the player you despise becomes elite. But you did one better. Now youre rooting for utter failure so the team will be blown up. Thats epic.

I've NEVER rooted against the Jets in my life. Next year - if it means they clean house - I hope this team goes 2-14.

But it wont...Tanny just signed us up for 7-8 wins a year for the foreseeable future.

Dumbest post ever. Some of you people here are just unbelievable.

Join me, Crusher. Rooting for a 31 year old Eli for the next 5 or 6 years wont do you wrong. Same city, same stadium. Really easy choice.

my dad is a life long giants fan. couldn't get tickets to go to giants games in the 80's (pre stub hub, obv) so he took me to jets games. FML

Has Rex commented on this yet? He must be thrilled to have his career defined by getting the Sanchez albatross to grow up.

that's the key to sanchez, maturity. it's not his footwork or felivery, he has to grow up. maybe the meeting with pennington is a good sign

yeah, I'm a gonna have to go with that

I love this move. The Jets are obviously learning. The NFL is not like the MLB. The Jets can't buy the shiny free agents like the Yankees can. Finally, there is hope that they are learning this. Stay the course with young Sanchez. I like it.

This season is going to be fun.

This move is very respectable.

We're short on Cap space and we're spending our little money extending a 8-8 QB's contract ... :mad0259:

I hope he shows, he's worth all this money next yr.... because this is simply unbelievable.

We're short on Cap space and we're spending our little money extending a 8-8 QB's contract ... :mad0259:

I hope he shows, he's worth all this money next yr.... because this is simply unbelievable.

Actually, Sanchez's extension clears cap space for 2012 and 13.

At this point, I'd rather have Dick Steinberg's corpse running the team.

You are so predictable....If the Jets sign Peyton, Tanny is an idiot signing an old man

The Jets rework Sanchez' deal, basically guaranteeing his final 2 years of his rookie contract, Tanny is an idiot because he doesn't know sh1t

Maybe just once, I'll read something witty and accurate from you, rather than this garbage time and time again

Good, now go jump in that crappy lake by your house, and take the long, long swim

Buh-bye

Archived