What Numbers will Sanchez have to Put up in 2012 to make you Happy?

BurnleyJet

Ok Guys, like it or lump it Mark Sanchez is your starting Quarterback for the 2012 season.

This tread is not intended to be either in the Pro Sanchez, or Anti Sanchez camp. As Jets fans we all want our Team to be successful , what in your perception would be a Good Season for Mark? I'm not talking about 10-6 more personal numbers for the Season.

Let me start I'd think I'd be happy with numbers in this Range :-

Completion 60%+

Yardage 3700+

Touchdowns 27+

Interceptions Under 14

Passing Avg 7+

Fumbles 6 or less

Rushing TD's 4+

Q.B Rating 85+

I know this may be over simplifying the whole intangibles, and locking onto a single receiver stuff, but a Quarterbacks numbers will often reveal this Since Brady, Brees, Manning etc numbers reflect how they play.

To compete at the highest level, we need a minimum level of play from our Q.B, If Mark is to make the next step in year 4, he's got to be looking at the kind of numbers I've listed above.

What sort of numbers (realistic) do you think Mark will need to put up for us to at least competeting for the AFC East and beyond?

Completion 63%+

Yardage 3400+

Touchdowns 20+

Interceptions Under 11

Passing Avg 7.5+

Fumbles 5 or less

Rushing TD's who cares

Q.B Rating 90+

We're paying him like a top 7 QB, he should perform like one. I don't expect a ton of yards, but I do expect efficiency. Anything less and he' a missallocation of salary

Chad Pennington threw for 3350 yards, 17 TD's, 16 int's, for a 6.9 ypa in his last full season with Schottie. He threw for 3650, 19 TD's (in fewer attempts), 7 int's, and a 7.7 ypa in his first year under Sparano. His passer rating jumped from 82.6 to 97.4.

Sanchez needs to make similar improvements at a minimum.

Mark's TD total last year (26) is already pretty good, but he needs to drop his int's from 18 down to single digits, and he needs to get his ypa up from 6.4 to comfortably over 7. His biggest problem is comp %, which needs to rise from 56.7% to 62.5% or better. If he focuses on just that, the ypa and int improvements should naturally follow, and his passer rating should improve from 78 to the low 90's.

Completion 63%+

Yardage 3400+

Touchdowns 20+

Interceptions Under 11

Passing Avg 7.5+

Fumbles 5 or less

Rushing TD's who cares

Q.B Rating 90+

We're paying him like a top 7 QB, he should perform like one. I don't expect a ton of yards, but I do expect efficiency. Anything less and he' a missallocation of salary

True. Also he needs to complete the simple passes that he missed badly for long stretches last season. That was his biggest flaw with me.....not being able to consistently complete simple passes. Shell shocked, hurt, sick of the OC and Diva's, lack of talent on his end?....Who knows what was the reason for the big step backwards but he needs to improve drastically in this area and I think he will.

4000yrds 35TDs 8 INT He does that were doing some heavy damage. And why not? Thats what a 5th overall pick/franchise QB is supposed to do. If the Jets wanna join the elite teams Sanchez has to start winning games because of him. His pocket presense is horrible,he does not step up,stand tall&deliver strikes down the field.He retreats backwards,stumbles, then tries to throw off his back foot,which usually results in a interception.Terrible,that is what I hate about him & that is why he will never be an elite QB just a glorified backup. The Jets were crazy giving him that extension.

He retreats backwards,stumbles, then tries to throw off his back foot,which usually results in a interception.Terrible,that is what I hate about him & that is why he will never be an elite QB just a glorified backup. The Jets were crazy giving him that extension.

The same could have been said about Eli just a few seasons ago. I remember one INT he threw it underhand, with his left hand and it got intercepted at the goalline. QB's can make improvements.

Completion 63%+

Yardage 3400+

Touchdowns 20+

Interceptions Under 11

Passing Avg 7.5+

Fumbles 5 or less

Rushing TD's who cares

Q.B Rating 90+

We're paying him like a top draft pick. Its not his fault the NFL decided to over pay rookies who havent proved anything on the field. This isnt like a FA contract where he's not living up to form.

Now as a top 5 draft pick in 2009 I can say that he's had a better career than the 4 players that went before him which includes Matt Stafford who had 1 explosive year.

Its really simple Sanchez needs to stop the silly turnovers. I think his biggest issue last year was that he was not comfortable in the pocket which causes him to rush throws like he did his first 2 seasons causing accuracy problems. When he drops back and looks comfortable hes much better than when he seems rushed and I do belive some of that is self inflicted because of what happened to him after Mangold got hurt. He got hammered and probably had issues trusting his O-line . I Hope to see the Jets mix in some no huddle to keep the defense off balance and not let them tee off on him. I think this will work wonders for us and I think Mark performs better when hes not over thinking situations. Hopefully we see a change in completion percentage, if we do the other numbers will come naturally.

Ok Guys, like it or lump it Mark Sanchez is your starting Quarterback for the 2012 season.

This tread is not intended to be either in the Pro Sanchez, or Anti Sanchez camp. As Jets fans we all want our Team to be successful , what in your perception would be a Good Season for Mark? I'm not talking about 10-6 more personal numbers for the Season.

Let me start I'd think I'd be happy with numbers in this Range :-

Completion 60%+

Yardage 3700+

Touchdowns 27+

Interceptions Under 14

Passing Avg 7+

Fumbles 6 or less

Rushing TD's 4+

Q.B Rating 85+

I know this may be over simplifying the whole intangibles, and locking onto a single receiver stuff, but a Quarterbacks numbers will often reveal this Since Brady, Brees, Manning etc numbers reflect how they play.

To compete at the highest level, we need a minimum level of play from our Q.B, If Mark is to make the next step in year 4, he's got to be looking at the kind of numbers I've listed above.

What sort of numbers (realistic) do you think Mark will need to put up for us to at least competeting for the AFC East and beyond?

I am looking for the Jets to Win 11+ games......win the division...get home field advantage in the Playoffs.......win the AFCCG...go to the Super bowl......and WIN!

As for Sanchez, I would love to see this......

25 TD's

3 INT's

NO pick 6's

Run it in for another 4 TD's

pass for at least 3000 yards

It's modest because "we are suppossed to be a ground and pound team"

Archived