The 20.5 million dollar question...

THE ILK

So, will Sanchez and the Jets get better this season?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Spill it...

• Yes
    • No
    • The Jets will, Sanchez won't
    • Sanchez will, the Jets won't

Good question, B-Jizzle.

Here's why I voted "No."

--Despite Tannenweasel locking him up, there's no way Rex isn't giving Sanchez the shortest leash in the history of coaching. No way will he allow his emo QB to sabotage another season, especially with Ryan's reputation increasingly hanging in the balance. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Tannenbaum tries to tell Rex that he can't bench Sanchez.

--Santonio Holmes is back, he's still the only receiver on the team worth covering, and he's still not gonna get the ball and he's still going to submarine Sanchez. And we all know how thin Sanchez's skin is.

--He won't get the benefit of the doubt from the fans or the media, so every incompletion will get booed and every interception will be met with insane media fury. Sanchez, unlike Eli, has rabbit ears and won't be able to overcome.

Although you'd think most around here would rather him be worse as apparently a 4-12 or 1-15 season is much easier to stomach than another 8-8 scenario.

I think EY basically said that the other day.

I'm not in that boat. The Jets were 8-5 last season. Sanchez was awful down the stretch and pretty much blew the playoffs away but they were technically in it on the last game of the season. I'd much prefer that than it being over by Thanksgiving.

I'm not in that boat. The Jets were 8-5 last season. Sanchez was awful down the stretch and pretty much blew the playoffs away but they were technically in it on the last game of the season. I'd much prefer that than it being over by Thanksgiving.

Meh.. not me... While it's going on sure, but after the fact, would've probably rathered watched something entertaining..

Decent chance this whole regime gets flushed in 2 years imo... we'll see

Meh.. not me... While it's going on sure, but after the fact, would've probably rathered watched something entertaining..

Decent chance this whole regime gets flushed in 2 years imo... we'll see

I have no idea what your first sentence means.

I have no idea what your first sentence means.

Meaning, when the Jets were 8-5 and football was still interesting it was preferrable, but in retrospect, seeing them sleepwalk through the last 3 weeks was something I'd have prefered to avoid.. particuarly the last game with Sanchez lounging on the sidelines

Meaning, when the Jets were 8-5 and football was still interesting it was preferrable, but in retrospect, seeing them sleepwalk through the last 3 weeks was something I'd have prefered to avoid.. particuarly the last game with Sanchez lounging on the sidelines

No sh*t?

The point is, you got to be in it, to win it. And technically the Jets were still in it. I'd prefer that. Hold on to hope just a little longer. Makes it sting more when they fail.

No sh*t?

The point is, you got to be in it, to win it. And technically the Jets were still in it. I'd prefer that. Hold on to hope just a little longer. Makes it sting more when they fail.

Right about now I wish we had finished 6-10 due to sanchez, and the Jets brass were forced to make a strong case to manning

Right about now I wish we had finished 6-10 due to sanchez, and the Jets brass were forced to make a strong case to manning

Odd, if most fans were to play the "wishing game" you would expect them to wish for a SB win.

You on the other hand wish for the team to fail under the qb so they get rid of him. Makes a lot of sense now. ;)

Cant argue with how bad he was down the stretch. I think he hit his sophmore slump a year late. this year he takes another step forward. Would like for him to have more continuity with his WR but cant bring back Plax, I am going to blame him for being a bad influence on assholio holmes. seeing those 2 on the sidelines, i am glad that there was security cuz the way they were looking at mark, he woulda been shanked if it was OZ(not that it seemed too far from it anyway).

Odd, if most fans were to play the "wishing game" you would expect them to wish for a SB win.

You on the other hand wish for the team to fail under the qb so they get rid of him. Makes a lot of sense now. ;)

Right about now I wish i hadn't read your post

It's way too early, but based on the current makeup of this roster, I don't think this is a playoff team without Sanchez making a quantum leap in his on-field performance.

I'll reserve final judgement until the team has filled out the roster following FA signings and the draft.

Archived