Anybody think Leinart or Quinn are worth a look?

Neither, but if I had to choose one I would go with Quinn. Leinart got a season ending injury the first time he saw the field in years after turning down an opportunity to start to stay as a backup. Screw him

Brady Quinn isn't a bad choice. He has been a backup for long enough now that he won't upset the apple cart or ask for too much cash. I never really understood the thinking behind signing a legit #2 QB. We aren't replacing Sanchez, and unless he gets hurt said played won't even be on the field at all...miserable waste of resources.

Quinn couldn't start in Cleveland....pass

We aren't looking for a starter, so why should that matter? What you need in a backup is someone who is willing to work hard and learn the system just in case Sanchez gets injured; but lest we forget that of Sanchez gets hurt we are screwed, just like basically any team in the NFL...

We aren't looking for a starter, so why should that matter? What you need in a backup is someone who is willing to work hard and learn the system just in case Sanchez gets injured; but lest we forget that of Sanchez gets hurt we are screwed, just like basically any team in the NFL...

Understood...but I'd rather take a chance on someone else than Quinn....he's gawd awful....

Leinart's kind of made of glass it seems but he's interesting. Brady Quinn is kind of a girl so I'd prefer he stays away from the Jets. Even compared to Matt Leinart...

As with many of the entirely too optimistic posters I do like McElroy way more than I should as a backup.

Seriously that was the dumbest thing I read here this offseason.

really ok what have we done to make this team better nothing sanchez needs a push and who is out there to do it no one please this team is not going to get better we will be 8-8 and 9-7 if things dont change mr.T, needs to go no eye for talent bring the tuna to gm this team

The problem is that the Jets just don't like paying the backup QB. It is dangerous, I am not sure what the answer is but don't think Greg McElroy will be ready to be the backup next season.

Getting hurt last year certainly didn't help his progress. I DO think he'd be a decent backup in a few years , not in 2012 however. :(

Archived