Revis will be holding out soon

JonEJet

How much is he making? 10.5 Million?

Revis is worth a helluva lot more than Finnegan...and you know Revis is never happy

50 over 5 years = 10 mil not 10.5 Revis is in the 12 mil + area if im not mistaken and Im sure Revis had much more in the way of guaranteed money

This isn't news. Revis said he was going to hold out again this offseason the day after he signed his last new contract. He's certainly an extremely good player, but the guy is a complete douche. Kind of just comes with the territory and is to be expected at this point.

With the way owners cheat NFL players out of money I dont blame him for holding out. He deserves to be the highest paid cornerback in the league.

With the way owners cheat NFL players out of money I dont blame him for holding out. He deserves to be the highest paid cornerback in the league.

He already is. He had his entire last contract built around beating out, on average per year, one single year of another player's deal that everyone in the league said was absolute nonsense from the day the Raiders signed it. Then he turns around the next day and talks about how he will be holding out again 2 years into that deal, which will mark his 3rd holdout in 5 years. Best of all, he followed up that first year of his new contract, which saw him paid an insanely excessive amount of money, by showing up to camp completely out of shape, and having that be the direct cause of most of his season alternating between garbage play and injury, not coming even close to earning what he was paid. In the end, if the Jets work out a deal with him and he plays the way he's capable, I really don't give a crap, but I have absolutely no respect for the way he handles his business. By your logic, players like Revis acting that they do justifies the scumbag moves that teams make. Or perhaps, both groups are independently weaselly scumbags.

Revis has held out twice already in his relatively short career. There is a max on such things. It's in the new CBA. I'm sure of it. :D

He already is. He had his entire last contract built around beating out, on average per year, one single year of another player's deal that everyone in the league said was absolute nonsense from the day the Raiders signed it. Then he turns around the next day and talks about how he will be holding out again 2 years into that deal, which will mark his 3rd holdout in 5 years. Best of all, he followed up that first year of his new contract, which saw him paid an insanely excessive amount of money, by showing up to camp completely out of shape, and having that be the direct cause of most of his season alternating between garbage play and injury, not coming even close to earning what he was paid. In the end, if the Jets work out a deal with him and he plays the way he's capable, I really don't give a crap, but I have absolutely no respect for the way he handles his business. By your logic, players like Revis acting that they do justifies the scumbag moves that teams make. Or perhaps, both groups are independently weaselly scumbags.

I don't remember Revis actually saying that. I remember YOU saying that. But I do not remember Revis publicly stating that he plans on holding out this year.

If I played at Revis' level, I'd go the Deion route and sign a fat rookie deal, then a bunch of cash-laden two-year mercenary deals. I know Jason covered the huge risks Revis would be taking by holding out, but Tannenbaum basically assured he'd have to with the structure of the deal. Revis is playing for cash up front, at a rate that makes him the highest paid corner, period. Tanny can pat himself on the back and make it look like he outsmarted everybody with the $11+ mil average (by shrinking the base on the back end), but unless Revis blows out a knee, he's not taking the field if he's making less on the year than any other corner, much less Antonio Cromartie.

I don't remember Revis actually saying that. I remember YOU saying that. But I do not remember Revis publicly stating that he plans on holding out this year.

yeah just to be clear Revis isn't actually holding out. thread title misleading.

This isn't news. Revis said he was going to hold out again this offseason the day after he signed his last new contract. He's certainly an extremely good player, but the guy is a complete douche. Kind of just comes with the territory and is to be expected at this point.

Sorry-Tannenbaum and Revis's agent both knew what the number would be on the first day of the holdout. Tannenbaum stupildy jerked it aorund for 2 months. Now may be Revis does hold out in the future, buut that holdout was classic Mikey T turning a nonissue into an issue.

yeah just to be clear Revis isn't actually holding out. thread title misleading.

With Megatron getting 19 mill per year he just might, if he was in AFC east I would say 100%.

To awnser your questions on what does a WR have to due with a CB salary wise? He shuts down everyone put in front of him so if this WR is worth 19 mill, and I eliminate him when we play him I'm better I deserve more then him. Hope Revis is content, but I doubt it.

Even if he does not hold out, and continues to play at the level from 09 he will want 20 mill a year when his deal is up.

Archived