Woody Johnson: Jets Passed on Manning

flgreen

:palmface:

You're point was that they were remogotiating with Sanchez in order to cut him for Manning, once that was disproven, you've moved on to I don't know what..

you are klack brained

FAIL I never said cut Sanchez ever.

My point was that the Jets needed cap space 3 weeks ago to sign Manning or any other FA to fill holes. And, the Jets bought themselves a way out of the Sanchez mess if he stinks 2012 up.

But keep buying Woodys BS, sucka.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More plausible?

A) Rex, after much deliberation, determines that he wants Mark Sanchez more than Peyton Manning.

-or-

B ) Manning just didn't want to be a Jet.

Two can play that game. Which seems more plausible:

A.) The Jets, after spending the past two months negotiating an extension for their current QB, really wanted a washed-up old man coming off of 4 surgeries all along.

-or-

B.) The Jets just wanted to extend the starting QB who they traded up in the draft for just 3 years ago.

Two can play that game. Which seems more plausible:

A) The Jets, after spending the past two months negotiating an extension for their current QB, really wanted a washed-up old man coming off of 4 surgeries all along.

-or-

B) The Jets just wanted to extend the starting QB who they traded up in the draft for just 3 years ago.

A.

FTR, it's the right play on the Jets' part, as they were able to keep Sanchez in the fold while still tossing their hat into the ring with Manning. They navigated it well, which is a credit to the Jets front office.

More plausible?

A) Rex, after much deliberation, determines that he wants Mark Sanchez more than Peyton Manning.

-or-

B ) Manning just didn't want to be a Jet.

C) You'll bend any situation into an opporunity to Jets bash, normally I enjoy it...But you are a persistant little bugger

FAIL I never said cut Sanchez ever.

My point was that the Jets needed cap space 3 weeks ago to sign Manning or any other FA to fill holes. And, the Jets bought themselves a way out of the Sanchez mess if he stinks 2012 up.

But keep buying Woodys BS, sucka.

Ok, so we're back to your theory that they intended to guarantee Sanchez 20.5M the next two season, and then sign Manning to be the starter... That's still not adding up. You're talking yourself in circles. I think you're out of you depth here, I'm sure this a spygate thread around that you can slam heads with Klacko in

Restructuring the Sanchez created 6 mil of cap space that NY would need to sign Manning. The Jets were all in on Manning right down to bringing in Tom Moore last season. Every chance he got, Rex couldnt kiss Mannings pole enough on how great he is.

Manning would not even visit KC or the Jets. The whole courtship never got off the ground.

Ok, so we're back to your theory that they intended to guarantee Sanchez 20.5M the next two season, and then sign Manning to be the starter... That's still not adding up. You're talking yourself in circles. I think you're out of you depth here, I'm sure this a spygate thread around that you can slam heads with Klacko in

Sanchez could have stayed with Manning on board. See LTs comments on the matter.

I never said that the Jets should cut Sanchez. In fact, I thought it would be good for him to take over after Manning was done in a couple of years after gaining experience from a HOF. Obviously, there would have been changes to his contract.

Get over this 20 million dollar guarantee? Sanchez was due to make 12 mil in salary this year anyway. The Jets pushed money into the future when theyre hopefully in better cap shape and the cap is higher. They can cut Sanchez next year and spread the damage over 2013 and 2014. This was not the season to cut Sanchez with so little cap room and no other viable option at QB once Manning would not give the Jets a visit.The Sanchez contract wasnt finalized until after the Jets were out on getting Manning. They needed cap space and Sanchez is one of the highest paid players on the team. Of course the Jets were working on his contract 3 weeks ago.

The bottom line is that, if Sanchez doesnt play good this season he is gone. So, quit acting like Sanchez was the guy all along when the Jets really wanted Manning, Joe. :biggrin:

The bottom line is that, if Sanchez doesnt play good this season he is gone. So, quit acting like Sanchez was the guy all along when the Jets really wanted Manning, Joe. :biggrin:

That is incorrect-The Jets are pretty much stuck with Sanchez next season, regardless how he plays this season (unless they want to swallow a load of money).

No one here has any clue how much interest the Jets had in Manning, and vice versa.

Sanchez could have stayed with Manning on board. See LTs comments on the matter.

OMFG... Yes, he could have stayed with Manning here, but not at 20.5 guaranteed over the next 2 years. The contract they were negotiating with Sanchez for the last x weeks eliminated the possibility of them signing Manning, thus it's logical to conclude they were never all in on Manning, and probably only had a passing interest..

OMFG... Yes, he could have stayed with Manning here, but not at 20.5 guaranteed over the next 2 years. The contract they were negotiating with Sanchez for the last x weeks eliminated the possibility of them signing Manning, thus it's logical to conclude they were never all in on Manning, and probably only had a passing interest..

Of course they did. Tannenbaum is still waiting for that call back from McDaniels.

Archived