Jets Interested in Cotch

MTJ06

I hope the Jets aren't stupid enough to get into a bidding war over freakin' Cotch. If anything, offer him a one-year vet minimum deal and if he doesn't take it, move on to one of the other so-so veteran receivers out there. I think it's a good idea to bring in a solid experienced player at WR before hitting the draft in order to cover their asses, but that certainly doesn't need to be Cotch, as there are undoubtedly better options, and it's not something they should spend anything significant on.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it. Cotch has sucked for the past two years! Why would you look to bring him in? He cannot separate, and he drops passes. And he may have a chronic back problem. We have a QB with an accuracy problem and people want to bring in guys who drop passes? Same with Braylon, another guy with shaky hands, not to mention attitude. Why bring in receivers who sucked last year. I do not want anyone on my team who sucked last year. Unfortunately we have some of those under contract. But I don't look to bring guys like that in. That is like saying that crossing your fingers and hoping is a business plan.

Archived