Drew Stanton Signed

MTJ06

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. No competition for Sanchez is a HUGE failure by this front office.

I have disappoint.

I guess the one thing I'm happy about is that Rex/Tanny tied their future to Sanchez, so if he fails they get fired... and we have NO money tied up in bad contracts behind Sanchez. So that's a glass half full. I suppose.

Post image for Jets Sign QB Drew Stanton

It’s official we now have a third QB on the roster and it’s Michigan St. product Drew Stanton. Stanton has been in the NFL for 5 years and has thrown 5 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. The deal is for 1 year for $1.25 million.

Just some interesting trivia here, but with this signing Stanton if he doesn’t get cut, will play for the first time in his life for a team outside the state of Michigan

di
di

kneFJLOdmc0

View the full article

I have disappoint.

Thought this isn't a terrible deal. I do agree I would have preferred to give the man some competition.

I have disappoint.

I guess the one thing I'm happy about is that Rex/Tanny tied their future to Sanchez, so if he fails they get fired... and we have NO money tied up in bad contracts behind Sanchez. So that's a glass half full. I suppose.

I know you guys have this delusion that Mark needs a backup to push him but he has one.

It's called the fans of the Jets. They are so rabid that you succeed as the quarterback, it is relentless.

The fans are the backup, who provide plenty of pressure on him.

Fine with me, better than Brunell and probably better than Quinn. If Quinn wasn't from ND, he'd be out of the league.

Quinn once threw for 300+ yards and 4 TDs against Detroit. That kind of performance is about to get Matt Flynn PAID. And Quinn didn't have half the offense backing him that Flynn did. Quinn has never gotten a decent shake at anything in the NFL.

Jets Bring In Drew Stanton To Back Up Mark Sanchez

Mar163:19p

by Joel Thorman

READ MORE: Brady Quinn (QB - DEN), Drew Stanton (QB - DET), New York Jets

The New York Jets were reportedly bringing in free agent QB Brady Quinn for a visit on Friday but they may have found their backup quarterback elsewhere. According to Manish Mehta of the NY Daily News, the Jets signed former Detroit Lions QB Drew Stanton. The deal is for one year, according to the report.

No word on what this means for Quinn's visit, which was reportedly scheduled for Friday. The Jets were also connected to QB Chad Henne in free agency.

Stanton is a former second round pick by the Lions in the 2007 NFL draft. He's 2-2 in his four career starts and has completed 55.6 percent of his passes.

He'll be backing up Mark Sanchez in New York. The Jets, after reportedly checking outPeyton Manning, gave Sanchez a contract extension earlier this month.

For more on the Jets in free agency, check out SB Nation's Gang Green Nation and SB Nation New York.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-free-agency/2012/3/16/2878335/jets-drew-stanton-mark-sanchez

..Thoughts?

I know you guys have this delusion that Mark needs a backup to push him but he has one.

It's called the fans of the Jets. They are so rabid that you succeed as the quarterback, it is relentless.

The fans are the backup, who provide plenty of pressure on him.

Smashmouth wants to apply pressure to Sanchez rectum. Other than that, no idea wtf you are talking about.

I have disappoint.

Absolutely agree. This is ridiculous. Another season of Sanchez being happy doing nothing cause no one is making him hear footsteps. Brady Quinn at least. Stanton??? wtf.

Smashmouth wants to apply pressure to Sanchez rectum. Other than that, no idea wtf you are talking about.

Think about it for a second. Everything he does is scrutinized and analyzed to infinite here in the New York market. How will some guy in practice who can also throw a ball, but is relegated to sitting on the bench really be beneficial.

I understand the notion of competition, better than most people, but when you are in New York, you can't take a break even for a second. The fans in essence provide the same competitive notion that a guy who could threaten his job would.

I really doubt that Mark is taking short cuts, because he doesn't have a "legitimate threat" to take his job.

I have disappoint.

No one was coming here to "compete" when Sanchez just got 20.5 guaranteed. That's where the failure was.

Peyton F. Mannng wants 5 for 60.... and we give Sanchez 5 for 50? Come on. Why in gods name is PFM not wearing Green.

I was all for having someone to push Sanchez this year, but the moment he signed that extension, that got completely flushed down the toilet. This is Sanchez's job guaranteed for this year at the very least, so spending extra money on a player at a position that he has absolutely no shot at stepping up in, when everyone knows as much, isn't going to do you a damn thing. This year is all Sanchez and there was nothing that could happen that would change that, so why pretend otherwise? If he craps the bed again this season, don't think for a second next year won't have a very different approach to it, with Sanchez going into the last year that he's really sure to stick around. It's not a coincidence this deal was only for one year.

No one was coming here to "compete" when Sanchez just got 20.5 guaranteed. That's where the failure was.

Sanchez was gonna get 14 in salary and roster bonuses this year. He basically got another 6. the rest of it is not guaranteed at all. manning is going to get alot more than Sanchez. and he's got nerve damage.

Peyton F. Mannng wants 5 for 60.... and we give Sanchez 5 for 50? Come on. Why in gods name is PFM not wearing Green.

No argument from me. This is disgraceful.

Guys stop and think about this for second.

Would a quarterback controversy in any way help this team this year? After the season we all just watched and some of you are so irate over, how would a quarterback controversy make next year any different?

We watch a season go to hell after week six.

Just ride with Mark for another year. He gets it or he doesn't. There is no finality to this. There is always another year.

Think about it for a second. Everything he does is scrutinized and analyzed to infinite here in the New York market. How will some guy in practice who can also throw a ball, but is relegated to sitting on the bench really be beneficial.

I understand the notion of competition, better than most people, but when you are in New York, you can't take a break even for a second. The fans in essence provide the same competitive notion that a guy who could threaten his job would.

I really doubt that Mark is taking short cuts, because he doesn't have a "legitimate threat" to take his job.

I see your point...realize fans expectation could play a role...but the damage is most likely already done...since he was drafted the lack of competition for the QB position has created a sense of entitlement...its always been his job now and for the future...surprised the FO "doubled down" instead of fostering real competition...

Archived