Sign in to follow this  
Jetman_67

Todays Signings are nice, BUT

We need a Offensive Tackle more than any other position and it should be a veteran!!! Tanny can't go into the season thinking a rookie is going to automatically be ready for the speed and longer games of the NFL. With only 3 Tackles available, you would think that he is going to make it his top priority.

Maybe the reason that they took the Hunter cap hit, is that Tanny actually is confident in him?

TONS of tackles still out there

tanny is letting the market settle out

at best there are 3 GOOD Tackles out there. I honestly believe that the guy has confidence in Hunter.

I know you like to blame virtually all of a certain someone's shortcomings on others, but last year we had a better OL than the superbowl winning Giants, and certainly pass-blocked better than the 49ers who were an official's fumble non-call away from the SB themselves.

We went into the season with the same OL we successfully used through the playoffs last year. Hunter was much worse in '11 than he was the season before, but there's no guarantee Woody wouldn't have dropped off significantly himself had he returned. Entering the season with Hunter wasn't the crime. Where the half-assed-edness showed was in sticking with Hunter for all 16 games, and in not looking for a backup center until after Mangold got injured.

Just as well since we weren't winning anything last year with the best RT and backup C in the league.

Still, the line needs to be the top priority this off season. If we are going to be a contender for a Superbowl, first we need to sweep the Patsies in a business as usual fashion. Without a stronger line, its not going to happen. Brick needs to step it up as well as replace Hunter as a starter. If they want to keep Hunter as a backup, he will fit that role.

My issue with hunter is not just the sacks he gave up, but he had more holding penalties than anyone else. I am willing to bet if someone wanted to take the time to look up the stats, he alone had more holding penalties in 2011 than the entire line did in 2010.

Further, the Jets attempted dozens more QB dropbacks in 2011 compared to the year before.

The year before, the passing game was set up by the run, and Sanchez was very successful with his play action. When the running game is working, he has a wicked play action.

As far as the line is concerned, when he has protection, Sanchez is great at directing his receivers when they are not open, during the play. Bottome line, if the line is not upgraded, the offense will fail again.

For the record, the most penalized per play seems to be Mulligan by a large margin (no surprise there).

Hunter had more penalties. In fact he had the most.

Yea, youre right. Go over and sign up at Finhaven and root for the dolphags, they have a much better front office, GM and owner(s).

This just dawned on Me, with the exception of a select few players in recent years, the Jets have not done a great job in the draft. Tanny gets over 90% of his advice from Terry Bradway. Bradway sucked as GM and could possibly suck as a scout. Maybe Tanny should listen to Bradway's advice, then do the exact opposite???

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company