Sign in to follow this  
Jetman_67

Todays Signings are nice, BUT

This is mostly true. I think he is very good at selling his play-action fake. It is not "wicked" but it is good. Still, that is hardly a reliable plan for an offense to generate points with regularity. A good QB is supposed to make those around him better rather than everyone else firing on all cylinders all the time to make the QB look moderately acceptable overall.

No he isn't. Let me guess, you're basing this on the 2 busted plays over the past 3 seasons where he pointed which way he wanted his receiver to go. That is more a function of him staring down one player and the law of averages dictating this will happen at least this number of times.

Sanchez is "great" at absolutely nothing except sulking and staring down his receiver. He's money on those things.

Actually, you and I had a discussion on red zone earlier, where Sanchez is very successful. But you love to leave that out as you pull your soap box out.

I did have that discussion with you but I don't recall you being able to point to anything he did to make it successful any more than I can point to Brian Schottenheimer and Plaxico Burress making it successful. In short, it is a stat that you cannot pinpoint to Mark Sanchez making successful in ways that others would have fallen short.

I recall pointing to games like Buffalo which had a tremendous effect on his year-end RZ "efficiency" and it was bolstered by passes to open receivers plus Keller taking his off-target pass and breaking tackles and running into the endzone.

It is odd-When you want to show a player fails at something, you point to individual stats that support the cause.

When a player that you don't support succeeds at something, you want to mention how the rest of the team helped that success.

Quite a simple way to dissuade discussions.

I tried showing you how a good number of Sanchez's "success" plays was due to those around him rather than Sanchez himself. You choose not to pay attention to it.

Sorry if I didn't keep season-long running lists of every play Sanchez got bailed out of or made easy by others, or screwed up completely on his own, knowing that I know I owe it to you to do so, in order to better make a more complete argument on a message board. My bad.

And I could show you a great number of negative plays that Sanchez caused, that were a result of bad plays around him. You choose not to see that.

It goes both ways.

I am not trying to say Sanchez is any superstar.

But, to listen to some of you make this a totally 100% argument the other way, without any reasonability is old. We get that you don't like him as a QB. But try a modicum of objectivity.

No one expects Sanchez to never make mistakes or to have a 70% completion percentage or a 5:1 TD:pick ratio. He is so far away from what he needs to be that it was foolish to extend him, by guaranteeing this year or next year or any year, until after he's shown dramatic improvement on the field.

I will not argue that Sanchez regressed this season, nor that he needs to improve in a number of areas.

But, that does not mean that he does everything wrong, nor that there are things he can build off.

Whether what the organization did in extending him was right or wrong, will remain to be seen. I understand what they were trying to do, and it is a gambit.

Tannenbaum has as many championship rings on his finger as you do, and vice versa.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company