Reggie Nelson resigns with Bengals

BroadwayJ667

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Landry doesn't play the same position as Nelson, Landry will be an upgrade over Smith, if he stays healthy. But, you won't see both of them on the field at the same time often.

Jim Leonhard will be back.

Yep back to square one.

I'm not totally sure Landry is an upgrade over Smith. If his Achilles acts up again lights out.

It's hard to swallow because we have no one who can play deep in coverage on the team. Nelson is no superstar, but he filled a role that is completely empty right now.

Not only did he fill a glaring hole on the defense, he gave us draft flexibility. Now we dont have it whether we sign Landry or not.

It's hard to swallow because we have no one who can play deep in coverage on the team. Nelson is no superstar, but he filled a role that is completely empty right now.

Don't worry, the jets will overdraft one now. Years of ignoring the position and the jets are now desperately trying to reload in an year that is pretty weak in fa an the draft.

Good thing we gave lowery away for practically nothing last year.

Only thing sad about this for me is that the jets are going to reach on a safety now in the draft.

Also, so glad that the jets made cap space through sanchez for this sh*t. Well worth it. Should have targeted grubbs or nicks imo.

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. It's tiring being a fan of this team. Nothing new I guess.

I mean, what can you do when you can no longer trust the credibility of the free paper they try to stuff into your hand you while you're walking onto the subway?

LOL

I still want to know what idiot in the organization told the beatwriters that they were 70% confident he was signing, and that was after he had already left the facility? Shut your trap. The media is your enemy.

Don't worry, the jets will overdraft one now. Years of ignoring the position and the jets are now desperately trying to reload in an year that is pretty weak in fa an the draft.

Good thing we gave lowery away for practically nothing last year.

072_mike_tannenbaum--300x300_crop_340x234.jpg?1271872351= omarminaya.jpg

LOL

I still want to know what idiot in the organization told the beatwriters that they were 70% confident he was signing, and that was after he had already left the facility? Shut your trap. The media is your enemy.

Dude, it was Metro New York that wrote the 70% thing.

I'm pretty sure they just made it up.

It's a position where some tweener CB's can make the switch to free safety, and do it well

Rex likes sure tacklers at FS....Dwight Lowery was decent, but he sucked tackling

If Kyle Wilson can carry 10-15 more pounds he'd be worth a shot back there.

I could see it if he busts for another year or two.

Just need a sure tackling CB....like Revis, but not nearly as awesome

Dare I say Pacman Jones

Don't think he needs to bust to do it. He hasn't been spectacular, and even if he was, at this point, good nickle CB is of less value to this team than a good FS.

Archived