What the hell are the New England Patriots doing?

JonEJet

Who have they not signed?

Steve Gregory

Jonathan Fanene

Marquice Cole

Daniel Fells

Robert Gallery

Anthony Gonzalez

Marcus Harrison

Brandon Lloyd

Trevor Scott

Dante Stallworth

Alot of scrubs among the bunch....where the hell are they going to fit all these guys

They are replacing last year's crop of scrubs with new ones. They do this annually. Value FA signings.

This. Last year they were geniuses for signing, Hayensworth, Carter, OchoCinco, Ellis, Ihedigbo, yadayada. Same sh*t every year.

I think Cole is a good player. And Lloyd is the real deal imo. A legit #1. Not Top 10'esque but legit. Gonzalez is a dark horse.

Just 1 short year ago Lloyd had 1500 yards and 11 TDs with the ordinary Kyle Orton Throwing to him now hes going to a team where you will have Tom Brady throwing and you will still have to worry about Welker Gronk Hernandez ...... If New Englands young Defense is really starting to Jell under Belichick like they seemed to be doing at the end of this season this is going to be one hell of a season for the Patriots NFL record breaking offensive season IMO

thing is... belly is not afraid to cut any of these guys when he doesn't need them anymore.

That's the difference. The Jets would give every one of them three years to prove themselves right.

Just 1 short year ago Lloyd had 1500 yards and 11 TDs with the ordinary Kyle Orton Throwing to him now hes going to a team where you will have Tom Brady throwing and you will still have to worry about Welker Gronk Hernandez ...... If New Englands young Defense is really starting to Jell under Belichick like they seemed to be doing at the end of this season this is going to be one hell of a season for the Patriots NFL record breaking offensive season IMO

Unfortunately I would have to agree with you. They're stacking up to take the division. We are clearly their only competition and proved that we have the formula to beat their current "midgets under the middle" offense, which is really pretty simple you just cheat up the secondary. However by adding Lloyd to the picture you have to respect their long ball, and they still have the aforementioned midgets under the middle. A good safety will help us here as we are forced to move Revis back into man and bring Landry into the box.

And yeah about that Pats D.... They looked pretty lights out by the end of last year. We need to gel on offense ourselves.

I think Cole is a good player. And Lloyd is the real deal imo. A legit #1. Not Top 10'esque but legit. Gonzalez is a dark horse.

Steve Gregory could be an interesting pick up. Hes been depth, but played really well when called upon. He gets a shot to start. Fanene is another one. Gonzalez, Scott and Gallery havent been able to stay healthy. Fells is a decent #3 TE.

Many of you fail to realize that teams have to go into camp with 80 players. BB has always loaded up on low cost/risk high potential guys. He seems to love grabbing guys of the IR heap, Most of these signings are nothing more than an attempt to add depth, versatilty, and camp competition. Also, the more holes you can fill before the draft the better position you're in to take BPA instead of drafting for need. Wouldn't surprise me if only 3-4 out of 10 actually make the team.

This. Last year they were geniuses for signing, Hayensworth, Carter, OchoCinco, Ellis, Ihedigbo, yadayada. Same sh*t every year.

Carter and Anderson worked out really well. Ellis had his moments, but didnt do enough and wont be back. Ihedigbo played pretty good.

Stinko and Haynes svcked.

Many of you fail to realize that teams have to go into camp with 80 players. BB has always loaded up on low cost/risk high potential guys. He seems to love grabbing guys of the IR heap, Most of these signings are nothing more than an attempt to add depth, versatilty, and camp competition. Also, the more holes you can fill before the draft the better position you're in to take BPA instead of drafting for need. Wouldn't surprise me if only 3-4 out of 10 actually make the team.

NO, I think most of us do realize...especially if you read the posts that say this and then the posts that agree.

That's the difference. The Jets would give every one of them three years to prove themselves right.

Exactly. I respect that about the Pats. While I don't necessarily think we have a weak org, I would like to see a "less proud" style and not be afraid to cut losses when they see them. It's weird though. I'm also a believer in giving people time to develop. I really see no viable way for me to be satisfied quite frankly.

Steve Gregory could be an interesting pick up. Hes been depth, but played really well when called upon. He gets a shot to start. Fanene is another one. Gonzalez, Scott and Gallery havent been able to stay healthy. Fells is a decent #3 TE.

How far into the season will we be when you proclaim that Steve Gregory is better than Darrelle Revis?

Carter and Anderson worked out really well. Ellis had his moments, but didnt do enough and wont be back. Ihedigbo played pretty good.

Stinko and Haynes svcked.

Didnt say otherwise, just said this typical Patriot behavior. They are typically active in FA.

It's the shotgun approach. Sure, some of the shot will miss the target, but the kill will still be made. The genius in all of this is the way the Pats FO convinces all of these FAs to sign team friendly contracts. It is not hard to believe that players will take a chance with their deals knowing that they get to play for a SB contender.

Take Gallery for example. Huge monster that has never lived up to his potential and has been plagued by injuries. BUT, they signed him for depth behind one of the most talented Olines in the league. He probably could have waited on a sh*tty team to sign him as a starter, but NE is the best fit for him and he knows it. I can already see Bellychicken creating a package with the giant athletic Gallery on the field as an extra lineman, flanked by Gronk with Henandez in the backfield. Good luck stopping that if they only need a yard to get a first or TD...then you see the PA TE rollout shortly after.

Surely one of these days these "shenanigans" will come back to bite them in the butt, right? :rolleyes:

What are they doing? Same thing they do every year. Which, for the most part, is be better than the Jets. Hopefully that changes soon. Questioning Pats decision making is like questioning the Boss when he replaces people in his band.

You know what the Pasts do better? Tom Brady. That's it and that's all

They are replacing last year's crop of scrubs with new ones. They do this annually. Value FA signings.

Jets are trying to do it this year, except they aren't getting anything but future residents of the IR.

#Jetfanisms

Pats sign scrubs = AMAZING they do it all the time and it usually pays off!

Jets try it = Doomed to fail because two guys were injured last year...which is why we got them so cheap in the first place.

Wanting, saying or suggesting a player of the team gets hurt should be a bannable offense.

stop being such a kill joy, besides we all know that the only thing that'll get burnt is the back of Lloyd's neck from being stranded in the heat of Revis Island :D

Archived