Jets considering Tim Tebow: MERGED

Ryno the Jet

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind.

I'd rather have a QB throwing 23 incomplete passes out of 25 attempts, than a QB turning the ball over 3-5 times a game, and about eight pick-6's a year.

Tebow wouldn't succeed here. The Jets don't have the running game to back him up. Plus Holmes would murder him.

Tebow should do his new team a favor and play fullback, were he could be a pro bowler. Yet, his selfishness gets in the way. Yeah he's such a team player but he could never not be in charge of the offense. Poser.

teblow >>> sanchesa

Even if you assume that to be true, that still says nothing about how mind-numbingly idiotic this trade would still be. Whenever the Jets are finally done giving Sanchez his shot to become the franchise QB they thought he could be, they need to go out and work to find themselves the player who they think can actually be that guy, not waste even more years on another piece of crap who is guaranteed to never win you a damn thing.

Even if you assume that to be true, that still says nothing about how mind-numbingly idiotic this trade would still be. Whenever the Jets are finally done giving Sanchez his shot to become the franchise QB they thought he could be, they need to go out and work to find themselves the player who they think can actually be that guy, not waste even more years on another piece of crap who is guaranteed to never win you a damn thing.

There's not truth to this rumor, I'd love it however, just for the chaos it would cause here

I tend to agree that there's no truth to it, but I definitely wouldn't love it. About the only acquisition that could be worse than that would be the return of ole Chadwick.

WHat does it matter.. This team's fate for the next few years is basically written.. It's all on Sanchez

Why would a team want to

I wouldn't even trade Eric Smith for him. The last thing the Jets need is an even sh*ttier QB than the sh*tty QB they already have that they'd inevitably waste a few more years of their time on.

Agreed.

I don't think I could handle the Tebowtwats that would suddenly infest this board praying to their Lord and Savior.

Ok, here's the thing - dude has talent, leadership and he knows how to win. I don't understand the hate. For all those who don't like Sanchez, I don't know why you wouldn't be happy with this move. He could sit behind Sanchez for the next 2 years and when Sanchez is finally released as some suspect, he could take over.

In the mean time, he'd be awesome to run the wildcat.

Actually, I would be interested in seeing him line up at halfback. With his ability to throw the ball, that would make for a really interesting dynamic - Sanchez behind center, but when he takes the snap you never know if he's going to drop back to pass himself, or pitch it to Tebow and have Tebow run an option. Has anything like that ever been done with a "real" QB?

Well, trading for Tebow would at least not be Same Old Jets.

SOJ usually drafts QBs that look like they should be good, then make them worse.

New era Jets... trade for a QB that can barely play the position, then... well, who knows? Sky's the limit!!!! (Right Jesus?)

Archived