Jets considering Tim Tebow: MERGED

Ryno the Jet

Why? The new OC likes the wildcat, Rex likes the wildcat. What if they used him like Brad Smith and/or also tried him out at HBack/TE. I think he's just another weapon. I like it. Nice back up plan if Sanchez throws the season away again.

Because teams with real QBs don't make moves like this. So, you pay a guy like a real QB and then you treat him like he's not one.

Even if Tebow makes the team better, it makes them look like a joke.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because teams with real QBs don't make moves like this. So, you pay a guy like a real QB and then you treat him like he's not one.

Even if Tebow makes the team better, it makes them look like a joke.

Ship has sailed, they were a joke for extending him.... if not then, they certainly were after our 13 year old QB tweeted about how now everyone can see she's the leader she said she was. nananana poopoo

I would <3 for Tebow to come in, but the owner in Jacksonville is seeing $$ signs, so not going to happen

Ok, so who has the petty cash to purchase a billboard and protest this?

Tannenbaum and Rex have completely lost their ******* minds.

Buy a billboard? I might buy 3 new Jets sites. Doubling down on Tebow. This is like Chad Pennington x 10!

I think Tebow would be such a distraction to the team that any good he could do would be nullified. He sure as hell wouldn't be coming here to play QB and I'm pretty happy with Kerley running the wildcat. Can he play free safety? Right tackle? Left guard? Does he have any pass rushing ability? These are the only questions I want answered in regards to Tebow

I pray this doesn't happen. We all can see this one coming from a mile away: Sanchez throws three picks in the home opener, and the entire city starts clamoring for Tim Tebow, ESPN begins a crusade trying to get Tebow starting again.Tebow sucks, and any value he would bring to us in the form of a Wildcat QB package would be completely offset by all the negative attention. Let's face it, Jets fans for the most part aren't completely in love with Mark Sanchez right...if you bring this lightning bolt into this locker room, bad things are going to happen.

30 days is the minimum.

Thanks for taking care of this. We can all disagree but there is a line. No need for pedophile jokes here.

Yeah, i've learned this the hard way, whenever i make my pedophile joke I get an uncomfortable silence and some confused/disgusted looks. But I press on, I am sure eventually i will find the right audience for the joke.

I wish for Christmas Jerry Sandusky is an undercover member of JetNation and pleasures himself to your profile pic.

Wow, that's even crossing a line that I wouldn't and that's pretty ******* bad.

As far as Tebow goes, for the love of Satan keep him the **** away from this team. Let him play in the arena league.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7715912/sources-new-york-jets-jumping-tim-tebow-derby

Sources: Jets up Tim Tebow interest

Updated: March 21, 2012, 1:56 AM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

The New York Jets' interest in Tim Tebow has intensified, two sources said Tuesday night.

One day after lurking on the periphery of the trade talks, the Jets now are one of several teams showing interest in the Denver Broncos' quarterback. The Green Bay Packers,Jacksonville Jaguars, and possibly others, also are among his suitors, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Dolphins, originally thought of as a team interested in Tebow, now are unlikely to pursue the former Heisman Trophy winner, a league source told Schefter.

On Monday, the Jets began internal discussions regarding Tebow as soon as he became expendable with the arrival of Peyton Manning in Denver, but were considered a "long shot at best," according to a league source.

The Jets signed former Detroit Lions quarterbackDrew Stanton last week to back up Mark Sanchez, giving Stanton a $500,000 signing bonus, but the availability of Tebow -- though not unexpected -- has prompted the team's decision makers to reassess the quarterback position.

The team is concerned about the negative perception of its locker room, which was divided by player unrest last season, and "bringing in a guy like (Tebow) would help," one source said. "It makes perfect sense."

The Jets are also intrigued by what Tebow could do in the wildcat offense. New York's new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano introduced the wildcat to the NFL as coach of the Miami Dolphins. That, coupled with coach Rex Ryan's desire to be a power-running team, has fueled organizational discussion on Tebow.

On the downside, there's concern Tebow's presence could create a distraction for the incumbent Sanchez, whose leadership came into question after the season. Sanchez recently received a three-year contract extension with $20.5 million in guarantees, all but ensuring he'll be the starter for at least the next two years.

"I don't know how he'd handle it," one source said of Sanchez. "That would be interesting."

General manager Mike Tannenbaum, on a conference call Tuesday, declined to discuss Tebow because he's under contract to another team.

Tannenbaum said they "feel good about where we are now" at quarterback, but didn't rule out the possibility of pursuing another.

It's unclear if the Jets have made a formal offer to the Broncos, who reportedly have received interest from several teams. The Jets have seven draft picks as bargaining chips -- one in each round -- plus they might be able to offer Denver a player. They previously have shopped right tackle Wayne Hunter and linebacker Bart Scott in unrelated trade talks.

At least one member of the Jets didn't sound too thrilled about the prospect of Tebow.

"We don't need Tebow," cornerback Antonio Cromartie tweeted. "We sell out every home game let him go to Jacksonville Tampa or Miami. Our wildcat offense can b ran by J. Kerley orJoe McKnight."

Cromartie also tweeted, "We have (Sanchez) and just signed Drew. Mark has taken us to 2 AFC championship game. We need to build on the team we have now."

Tebow took over a 1-4 team from Kyle Orton last year and led the Broncos to an 8-8 finish and the AFC West crown with a series of stirring comebacks that captured the attention of the football world.

Tebow-mania reached its apex in the playoffs, when he threw an 80-yard touchdown pass toDemaryius Thomas on the very first play of overtime to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. The next week, though, Tebow was smothered by the New England Patriots, who easily eliminated the Broncos, 45-10.

Tebow's base salaries for the next few seasons are very cap friendly: $1.942 million in 2012, $2.266 million in 2013 and $2.590 million in 2014.

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

The fact thatsome people in the organization think that Tebow helps the lockerroom demonstrates that (1) they have no clue what the lockerrom problem was and (2) theyre stupid. You should hope they are not decision makers

OhPleaseOhPleaseOhPleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaaeohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaaeohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaaeohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaaeohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaaeohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

dark-knight-batman-gallery-08.jpg

OhPleaseOhPleaseOhPleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaaeohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaaeohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaaeohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaaeohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaaeohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

The team is concerned about the negative perception of its locker room, which was divided by player unrest last season, and "bringing in a guy like (Tebow) would help," one source said. "It makes perfect sense."

OMFG AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

Wow, that's even crossing a line that I wouldn't and that's pretty ******* bad.

As far as Tebow goes, for the love of Satan keep him the **** away from this team. Let him play in the arena league.

\

He does not throw well enough to play in the AFL

Yeah, i've learned this the hard way, whenever i make my pedophile joke I get an uncomfortable silence and some confused/disgusted looks. But I press on, I am sure eventually i will find the right audience for the joke.

Yeah, and no dead baby jokes either. Matter of fact, no references to children at all, because you know, every time you mention one, somewhere one dies.

Do opinions get you banned or just jokes?

This front office craves the spotlight so it wouldnt surprise me. Makes zero sense football wise. Just a total distraction.

Agreed. There were legitimate football reasons to make Manning a serious pitch. Or see if you could shake a disgruntled Brees off the Saints' hands.

Instead they extended and overpaid Sanchez. I don't like that move, but they could at least be consistent,back their boy and hope for the best.

The Landry move(he may be a roid head, but he's our roid head) was a positive. This team still needs a real TE, a RT and LB depth. If anyone can explain why Kevin Boss wasn't a priority I'd love to hear that.

Instead they chase this shiny 46% completion car down the street for no good reason, other than Woody Johnson's desperate attempt to get attention. Cro is right; we have 2 guys already on the roster who can run the precious Wildcat, and all indications are RonniE Brown is in the wings too.

If they think Holmes was unhappy last year, wait until he has Tebow throwing all of 11 times in a game.

Does anyone in the FO have a freaking clue?

Archived