Stanton feels lied to and betrayed

RyanBe_Tweetin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drew Stanton is considering asking for a trade or release, according to a league source. Jason La Confora reports.

Just saw the spot on NFLN. La Canfora didn't say that. He said Stanton was lured here by Tannenbaum promising him the #2 job plus promising him the Jets weren't going to add another QB, and he therefore thinks there's a good chance Stanton asks for a trade or release.

That is, unless there's something more recent that he reported. I don't follow La Canfora on twitter or anything.

Just saw the spot on NFLN. La Canfora didn't say that. He said Stanton was lured here by Tannenbaum promising him the #2 job plus promising him the Jets weren't going to add another QB, and he therefore thinks there's a good chance Stanton asks for a trade or release.

That is, unless there's something more recent that he reported. I don't follow La Canfora on twitter or anything.

He still is the #2 QB and the Jets didn't bring in another QB so I don't see what the problem is.

I just read his article on nfl.com and that's what it said. I haven't watched NFL network today

It's a good thing that Tannebaum will eventually come to his senses and release the colossal bust that is Mark Sanchez. Tim Tebow will lead us to the promise land folks.

Mike T tells so many stories, it is hard to separate truth from friction. Stanton is told...guaranteed- he is the #2 QB and the jets are not going to bring in another QB. Then in comes Tebow. Tebow states- and this guy does not lie- he was told by Mr T he will compete for starting job. Meanwhile, Mr T, in his interview last night, says Tebow will be a situational player. Who do we believe? Does Jet management have a clue? Not sure they do. Woops- forgot to read contract? WTF!!?? Let the circus continue.

Dino Costa said it best last night- "The land of misfit toys of the NFL, also known as the New York Jets". Well said.

Not the first time players came out and said they felt betrayed and lied to by this regime

Any chance they can trade him for a 4th rnder?

yes the Jets are the only team in the league that does such a thing. How dare they give him a half a million dollars and expect him to win the backup job. That's just mean

meaningless statement. I hope the Jets put behind center in week 1 the QB who earned the spot, whether Taco, Teblow, Stanton or Boy McElroy.

Sanchez is the starter. Don't be naive. He's being paid like the starter, he'll be the starter and he will be all season. Tebow is not an every down, every game QB. He's barely a QB at all. Come on.

Keep all four and make them all the number 2. We should run 4 QB sets. That'll confuse em. Who's gonna get the ball?????

Wait.... That won't work. Shcotty isn't here anymore.

Rotate all of the QB's, all the time. This is exactly the 49ers did in the early 60's -- playing 3 QB's (Bill Kilmer, John Brodie and Bob Waters) in what is generally considered the first shotgun formation. They had a different set of plays for each QB and ran the shotgun full time. Now that would be a mutha to game plan for.

I think the 9ers also had Brodie and Kilmer playing at the same time for a while, so that's another whacko option.

Unless I see a sworn affidavit endorsed by the Pope which confirms that Tanny 100% guaranteed him the #2 spot, I'm not buying it. I've watched Stanton for years here in Detroit.

I coached against him when he played High School ball at Farmington Hills Harrison, and then watched him at Michigan State and with the Lions. As a pro QB, he's just another backup QB. If he wants to be the #2, he'll have to earn it in camp.

Archived