Why is Tebow considered a winner?

Matt39

Probably the fact that the last two seasons the teams has a significantly better record when he's playing

2011 Tebow 7-4, Orton 1-4

2010 1-2, Orton 3-10

Total: Tebow 8-6, Orton 4-14

The team around him stinks, with him, they are average, without him abysml..

Since this may or may not have something to do with Sanchez, its clear the Jets would win with a guy like Orton (1-0 with Kellen Clemens) cause the defense is so much better. Sanchez does not make the team better, Tebow does

Probably the fact that the last two seasons the teams has a significantly better record when he's playing

2010 1-2, Orton 3-10

Since this may or may not have something to do with Sanchez, its clear the Jets would win with a guy like Orton (1-0 with Kellen Clemens) cause the defense is so much better. Sanchez does not make the team better, Tebow does

Has nothing to do with Sanchez. Denvers defense also played better when Tebow took over. They'd go 3 quarters breaking 3 and out records with Tebow. He literally cant throw the football. The changed into a gimmick set when Tebow took over, surprised some people and then when they played them again(KC) they got trounced.

Orton isnt any good either.

He won a playoff game.

But he didn't lead his team from last to first last year and *then* win the playoff game. Plus he had a LOT more weapons around him.

I'm not even necessarily saying that Tebow is better than Yates, but Tebow's resume is clearly longer.

Chris Leak won one of those national championships.

That's always glossed over. But Tebow did have a great college career...can't dispute that. But you always saw his mechanics as being terribly flawed. The playfake in the shotgun, one read, throw to the guy wide open 30 yards down the field because you have better athletes than everyone else....was never going work in the NFL.

lol @ Tebow leading Denver

Defense was surely the primary element of their team. However, he did lead multiple drives to tie or win the game in the 4th quarter (probably as many as 10 crucial late-game drives in just 11 games, if you include the game-tying ones).

Defense was surely the primary element of their team. However, he did lead multiple drives to tie or win the game in the 4th quarter (probably as many as 10 crucial late-game drives in just 11 games, if you include the game-tying ones).

Against bad teams, in a gimmick set. He made one throw against a beat up Steeler team.

The guy cannot throw the football. They've tried to shorten his wind up(he used to throw like a baseball pitcher) and now he aims the ball. There's no zip on his passes. And they're inaccurate.

Has nothing to do with Sanchez. Denvers defense also played better when Tebow took over. They'd go 3 quarters breaking 3 and out records with Tebow. He literally cant throw the football. The changed into a gimmick set when Tebow took over, surprised some people and then when they played them again(KC) they got trounced.

Orton isnt any good either.

Denvers defense didn't improve, that's been proven several times. They were below average all year. What changed was Orton (like Sanchez) was turnover prone, tebow came in and basically went 1/2 season turning the ball over 1 time

And Orton is probably better Sanchez.. they both turn the ball over, but Orton is more productive

Denvers defense didn't improve, that's been proven several times. They were below average all year. What changed was Orton (like Sanchez) was turnover prone, tebow came in and basically went 1/2 season turning the ball over 1 time

And Orton is probably better Sanchez.. they both turn the ball over, but Orton is more productive

In all of Tebow's "wins" the defense played extremely well.

That's always glossed over. But Tebow did have a great college career...can't dispute that. But you always saw his mechanics as being terribly flawed. The playfake in the shotgun, one read, throw to the guy wide open 30 yards down the field because you have better athletes than everyone else....was never going work in the NFL.

But he beat the Steelers.....

Against bad teams, in a gimmick set. He made one throw against a beat up Steeler team.

The guy cannot throw the football. They've tried to shorten his wind up(he used to throw like a baseball pitcher) and now he aims the ball. There's no zip on his passes. And they're inaccurate.

He beat the Jets on a 95 yard drive and the Steelers in the playoffs. Despite all of the Jets anti-homerism around here, you're kidding yourself if you think the Jets aren't a top 10 defense. As to the Steelers, every team is banged up come playoff time. Banged up or not, still a high-quality defense.

wait, wait...you think Tebow is better than Sanchez?

Is he a better passer? No.. But sanchez is pretty bad at that too. Is he a better all around QB? Possibly, but really who cares? They both have been among the worst in the league the last few seasons

I see no reason to think we couldn't have had similiar success with him under center as with Sanchez. Our defense is much, much better then Denver's..

I think that what you are trying to do to Tebow here (doing a deeper dive on why they won), is something you should try and do with Sanchez. You might be surprised if you apply the same critical eye

Do I want Tebow as my QB? Hell no. Do i want what we've seen out of Sanchezz so far? Also Hell no.

I'd like nothing more then for Sanchez to step up and become a good QB, it just hasn't happenned

He beat the Jets on a 95 yard drive and the Steelers in the playoffs. Despite all of the Jets anti-homerism around here, you're kidding yourself if you think the Jets aren't a top 10 defense. As to the Steelers, every team is banged up come playoff time. Banged up or not, still a high-quality defense.

If the Jets had an offense last year and anyone to block Dumerville, we would've been so far ahead that Tebow's 95 yard drive would've been irrelevant.

Is he a better passer? No.. But sanchez is pretty bad at that too. Is he a better all around QB? Possibly, but really who cares? They both have been among the worst in the league the last few seasons

I see no reason to think we couldn't have had similiar success with him under center as with Sanchez. Our defense is much, much better then Denver's..

I think that what you are trying to do to Tebow here (doing a deeper dive on why they won), is something you should try and do with Sanchez. You might be surprised if you apply the same critical eye

Do I want Tebow as my QB? Hell no. Do i want what we've seen out of Sanchezz so far? Also Hell no.

I'd like nothing more then for Sanchez to step up and become a good QB, it just hasn't happenned

I think Sanchez stinks too. We could have went after Campbell. Hell we could have drafted someone at 16 or in the second round. But bringing in the circus that is Tebow who cant throw the football....makes absolutely zero sense. Unless we just want to completely go off the reservation and be the first team in NFL history that wins the Super Bowl running the spread option.

2010 1-2, Orton 3-10

Whats funny about this whole situation is that Orton was horrible in Chicago yet got the "winner" Label . He showed Improvement in Denver puting up much better stats and could not win.

Why isn't Mark Sanchez considered a 'winner'? He has yet to have a losing season in the NFL and he has a few ROAD playoff wins. I think he won the Rose Bowl too, or something.

Can't believe what Tebow has done to me, made me a Sanchez support......damn this team!

2010 1-2, Orton 3-10

Holy booms!!!

Wow, that one throw must have set an NFL record because he threw for 318 yards in that game, that one throw really went for 318 yards? WOW!!!

Archived