Why is Tebow considered a winner?

Matt39

That's always glossed over.

No it isn't. Leak was decent. Harvin, Siler and Nelson get way more credit for that title than Leak does. Throw in Everett, Harvey, and Moss too while you're at it. Tebow was great that season though. Sealed the deal in the SEC title game and absolutely murdered LSU when Leak couldn't.

Has nothing to do with Sanchez. Denvers defense also played better when Tebow took over. They'd go 3 quarters breaking 3 and out records with Tebow. He literally cant throw the football. The changed into a gimmick set when Tebow took over, surprised some people and then when they played them again(KC) they got trounced.

Orton isnt any good either.

If Tebow "literally can't throw the football" , then we don't HAVE a quarterback that literally can.

Two quarterbacks. Same YPA, similar QB rating. One literally can't throw the football, the other - a star waiting to emerge.

The star waiting to emerge? 1414 career pass attempts in 47 games. TD to INT ratio of 1.25 to 1 in his last full season.

The guy with the apparently undiagnosed case of cerebral palsy? 350 career pass attempts in 23 games. TD to INT ratio 2 to 1 in his last full season.

Yeah, these guys are WORLD'S apart.

As a matter of fact, according to the logic employed by many on this site, they are BOTH the next Eli Manning. Because, you know, he sucked in his first three seasons too, so...

I think Sanchez stinks too. We could have went after Campbell. Hell we could have drafted someone at 16 or in the second round. But bringing in the circus that is Tebow who cant throw the football....makes absolutely zero sense. Unless we just want to completely go off the reservation and be the first team in NFL history that wins the Super Bowl running the spread option.

Joke all you want, but I'm not sure that's not kinda the case for the time being. Even with "Ground and Pound" we are trying to do something that isn't done in the NFL anymore.

My feeling on offseason is that the Sanchez extension came once they knew they could not get Manning, and knew Sanchez was going to get this year as his last "prove yourself year" and if it didn't work, they'd be on the hook for one more guaranteed year in which Sanchez would start the season and they'd have someone they drafted in next years draft come in as soon as he was ready, if at all that year. If Sanchez improved in year 5, you'd have the Brees/Rivers situation and that'd be ok too. Then, Tebow shook free and the Jets figured, since they don't really trust Sanchez to not blow it for a good defense, they'd run an offense their OC was already familiar with in an effort to minimize the amount of damage Sanchez could do with negative plays. They're taking the ball out of his hands, and based on last years results, that may be bad for his development, but it's good for the Jets. The addition of Tebow does nothing to change the fact that if Sanchez blows again, we draft a QB next year, leaving us with Sanchez/Tebow/Rookie for 2013, with the rookie replacing Sanchez and Tebow keeping us somewhat competitive with the wildcat. The year after, Tebow and Sanchez can both be eliminated if the Jets shock us and don't take a crap QB again.

And why are all the other bum QB's that won in college not?

When is Chase Danielsmania starting?

Tebow is the first athlete to use religion for personal gains. Tebow has figured out that religion can be a pretty handy tool to further his cause on Madison Ave.The praying after the game in public (commonly refereed to as "Tebowing") and all his references to religion and God are useful to create a lasting religious persona that further's his marketability.

And once you prove that you are marketable for whatever reason, media loves to give you as much attention they can.

He is the first, but now that he has shown it works I expect to see a whole bunch of athletes to start wearing religion on their sleeves.

Tebow is the first athlete to use religion for personal gains. Tebow has figured out that religion can be a pretty handy tool to further his cause on Madison Ave.The praying after the game in public (commonly refereed to as "Tebowing") and all his references to religion and God are useful to create a lasting religious persona that further's his marketability.

And once you prove that you are marketable for whatever reason, media loves to give you as much attention they can.

He is the first, but now that he has shown it works I expect to see a whole bunch of athletes to start wearing religion on their sleeves.

First I don't see Tebow using religion for personal gain. It's the media that keep on depicting him kneeling in prayer. Secondly as far as being the first.

Reggie White says hi

third, I don't know if you have ever been to an NFL game, but at the end of almost every game I have been to, a group of players from both teams join together to pray.

I think the inverse is true. I think Tebow is going to use Madison Avenue to spread the good word. (I'm not religious) If there is one thing I've gathered from reading numerous accounts by people that have come into contact with him, is that he is incredibly sincere.

Funny that you mention this because, he was doing this exact same thing in pee-wee ball.

Tebow is the first athlete to use religion for personal gains. He is the first, but now that he has shown it works I expect to see a whole bunch of athletes to start wearing religion on their sleeves.

you have seriously never heard an athlete thank god after a win ?

it must be 60 years old that idea, if not 100 years

third, I don't know if you have ever been to an NFL game, but at the end of almost every game I have been to, a group of players from both teams join together to pray.

you have seriously never heard an athlete thank god after a win ?

Key word being group. Or individually when a FG at the end of the game is on the line. But never alone after a game or be successful in making a show of it which is good for marketing. Or no athlete has taken to this level with quotes like :

"I believe in a big God and special things can happen," Tebow said Sunday, after the Broncos defeated the Bears 13-10, only because the Broncos believed they couldn't lose.

"Tebow came to me and said, 'Don't worry about a thing,' because God has spoken to him," linebacker Wesley Woodyard told me in a quiet corner of the Denver locker room.

I just give people's intellect the benefit of the doubt. I just think nobody can be this delusional.

Maybe he is the first one to have this religious schtick at the right time. Otherwise what relation does Tebow's religious beliefs have to do with marketing JOCKEY underoos ? But that makes him cold hard cash. Or the book he wrote. That also made him cold hard cash.

P.S: Thats the last i have commented on this theme because I do not want to make this a religious discussion. Thanks.

Archived