Cimini: Rex Jokes," I hope We Don't Hit Each Other"

flgreen

Rex jokes: 'I hope we don't hit each other'

March, 27, 2012

Mar 27

11:06

AM ET

By Rich Cimini

PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Rex Ryan expressed supreme confidence Tuesday that the Jets' chemistry issues are history. He said the team will use last season's adversity as a rallying point.

"I truly believe this football team is going to be just like this," Ryan said at the league meetings, clasping his hands. "In a way, I feel like we’ve been pushed into a corner, which is a good thing for us because I know how we’re coming out. We’re coming out swinging."

Slight pause.

"I hope we don’t hit each other like we did a little last year," he cracked. "But we’re coming out."

Ryan feels the locker-room discord was overblown, but there's no denying that turmoil existed. Most of it centered around the Mark Sanchez-Santonio Holmes relationship. Funny, but that story has shifted to the backburner, with everyone focused on Tim Tebow's arrival.

Hmm, you wonder if that was a small part of the team's motivation for making the trade. Team officials say no.

Ryan has talked to players throughout the offseason, and he likes what he hears.

"They’re sick and tired" of hearing about last season, Ryan said. "It’s not that we’ve been disrespected -- we brought it on ourselves -- but we weren’t the type of team we know we’re capable of being. I think that’s going to drive us.

"I talked to (Darrelle) Revis and you can almost feel the passion coming through the phone. David Harris, Bart Scott, they’re so ready to get last year behind them."

Per CBA rules, the off-season program will begin April 16.

I don't really bother reading Cimini anymore, he is a hack. The only one worse than him at twisting everything into a negative is that midget douchebag Gary Myers.

I unfollowed Cimini on Twitter. Frustrating because when he wants to be, he is the best in the business. If he concentrates on football, he has the ability to provide excellent break downs. When he is just being a bitter writer, it isn't that enjoyable to read.

The more I read here, the more I am glad I have the Media Iron Curtain in Foxboro. The Boston media will take a tiny morsel and blow it up....or just make sh*t up because the morsels are scarce. NY Media take morsels, full meals, etc....and run marathons with it. Good luck with that this season.

The more I read here, the more I am glad I have the Media Iron Curtain in Foxboro. The Boston media will take a tiny morsel and blow it up....or just make sh*t up because the morsels are scarce. NY Media take morsels, full meals, etc....and run marathons with it. Good luck with that this season.

Garb media access has nothing to do with the Pats success. It's all about Brady.

How about this, We will give Belly, Sanchez, and give Brady to Rex with the same media policy.

Garb media access has nothing to do with the Pats success. It's all about Brady.

How about this, We will give Belly, Sanchez, and give Brady to Rex with the same media policy.

I'm not saying that media access has anything to do with a teams success....but it sure as heck has everything to do with fan frenzy, public perception and web hits......you give the media food - they'll go and make a really bad meal out of it. Fans go nuts. Max dances in the nude in his office because JN has an organic membership drive. Anyway, my fear - well, it's not my fear, it should be your fear - is that your front office has elephant ears. Meaning that Woody Johnson may let fan sentiment and endortsement dollars make the decisions for him - propelled by the sports "journalist" circling the team like vultures.

Plus, who the heck is Brady supposed to throw to? And really....you would take snaps away from Brady to run the option with Tebow? Are you insane? ;)

Archived