Met our Right Tackle today by accident.

Jetman_67

Vlads weakness was always pass protection. Seems to be Wayne's weakness as well. The internetz have written off Vlad but I don't think Tanny and Rex have yet. Sparano and the OL coach he brought with him could develop him

i havnt written off vlad, either. I think, i hope, with a full offseason, this is the year he gets it. I saw improvement last year. As a few posters noted before, when vlad knows who to block, he blocks them well. He is going to be the most improved player on the jets roster this year and the jets starting right tackle for many years to come. Just imho

At this point, barring a high draft pick it looks like he's going in penciled in as the starter with the Jets likely hoping Vlad gets it together and beats him out for the job. I will say, I am at least slightly optimistic about Vlad. Not so much that I think he'll be great, but I do think he has a legitimate chance to seriously improve, as I don't think there's a single player on this roster who was in more desperate need of an offseason last year than Vlad, and he really had to be hurt by the lockout. With some extra playing time last year and a full offseason under his belt, hopefully he'll start to come around. If not, then how well Hunter plays will determine if the Jets will be RT shopping next year.

At this point, barring a high draft pick it looks like he's going in penciled in as the starter with the Jets likely hoping Vlad gets it together and beats him out for the job. I will say, I am at least slightly optimistic about Vlad. Not so much that I think he'll be great, but I do think he has a legitimate chance to seriously improve, as I don't think there's a single player on this roster who was in more desperate need of an offseason last year than Vlad, and he really had to be hurt by the lockout. With some extra playing time last year and a full offseason under his belt, hopefully he'll start to come around. If not, then how well Hunter plays will determine if the Jets will be RT shopping next year.

Good point on the lockout. But that said, I think I like Hunter's upside better. Hoping to be proven wrong...just so many worries with VLad right now.

my favorite part of this story is that Jetman just happened to be in head to toe Jets gear. In a gym in seattle. Don't get me wrong I believe he'd be the type of person to make that choice regardless of probability to meeting Wayne Hunter. It just strikes me as funny.

my favorite part of this story is that Jetman just happened to be in head to toe Jets gear. In a gym in seattle. Don't get me wrong I believe he'd be the type of person to make that choice regardless of probability to meeting Wayne Hunter. It just strikes me as funny.

Are you saying he kept a spare Jets outfit in the car? Then he changed once he saw Hunter? :)

Archived