Cimini: Jets Hot for Aussie Rugby Star

flgreen

I like this idea. Low risk, high reward. This guy is a monster with tremendous athleticism. IF (<----this is a big "if" in case you didn't notice) they can teach him to block, the sky is the limit. I really like the array of red zone skill sets the Jets are putting together:

1. Conner, Old-style FB - Knock your head off guy on short yardage situations, but also showing improvement with his hands.

2. Greene, Lead HB - The Jets need to find his replacement soon, but he is serviceable behind Conner and a heavy o-line package.

3. McKnight, Shifty HB - Making strides each year. He should be more of a weapon this year if his pass blocking improves.

4. Keller, Receiving TE - Sanchez's favorite target. Certainly capable of getting open in the endzone,

5. Cumberland, Dual threat TE (sorta) - If this kid can stay healthy, he has potential.

6. Smith, Prospect TE - Better potential than anything the Jets will find in the draft. Huge target in the redzone, but has the size to be an impact run blocker.

7. Holmes, No. 1 WR - See Super Bowl XLIII.

8. Kerley, Slot WR - Huge year two for this kid. He is a player.

9. Schilens, Tall WR - Corner fade anyone?

10. No. 15, Unk - JAG to use in the RZ.

That's 10 players to use in combination in the RZ. Sanchez is at his best with the PA Rollout, and these players have the potential to allow the Jets to have great success using plays designed around the rollout.

Lol, so you're annoyed that our scouting department is scouting? Would you rather the scouting department allocate their resources to a department other than scouting? I bet ya San Diego fans weren't annoyed with their front office when they signed Antonio Gates.

Considering their impressive record when scouting, you know, actual football players at colleges across the nation, I can't see how this couldn't be a great allocation of resources.

Considering their impressive record when scouting, you know, actual football players at colleges across the nation, I can't see how this couldn't be a great allocation of resources.

The kid's trainer more than likely sent out a highlight reel to every team's scouting department in the NFL - just like us college athletes did back in HS - we just happen to like him more than others. It's not as if clinksales is overseas personally scouting rugby teams.

Archived