Um would y'all believe me if I told y'all The Jets are shopping Mark Sanchez

EpicVibe

I cant help but to agree with this statement.

Dealing with this team is like trying to square dance in a circle. lol.

He wasn't complaining when the defense was carrying him to an AFCCG appearance two years in a row while he was busy stinking up the place

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd roll with one of them (I think we'd have a better record last year with Tebow, no way to prove that though)

The idea of both of them co-existing in some sort of two qb hybrid system is less appealing to me.

The way I see it, the 2 of them will make it hard for Belichick to game plan against the Jets. We need some advantage over him if we are going to make a run for a division title.

Yeah 'cause the QB was the reason we lost in the playoffs.

Did you watch the games?

Give me a f'ing break.

Sanchez was abysmal in the 2nd half of the 09 AFCC and 1st half of the 10 AFCC. He also sucked in the 10 post season game vs the Colts and the Jets wouldnt have even been in the AFCC if it werent for Jim Caldwell calling a time out.

Go back and look at the stats if you dont believe me.

Incarcerated Bob has that name for a reason - although who gives a crap about the Patriots anyway....

ANYONE that beileves this rumor is clearly as crazy as the person who thought of it. Mark is a Jet all the way. And way behond Tim Tebow for all you Tebow lovers who got excited for minute. Hey guys, back to reality now :)

Rex does.

I do too.

If Tanny can get a 1st round pick for Sanchez, I'm buying a Tebow jersey.

a first round pick and I'll buy a tannenbaum jersey. I don't see it being better than a 4th. realistically I don't see them trading him , but hey you never know with woody and his celebrity player obsession

so you're rooting for the awful guy to take over for the posts

mmmmk

WHat's the alternative? The other awful guy starts and I can spend hours reading posts from smash and lanchemehl with ever more creative reasons as to why he's actually not awful?

Obviously you hope Sanchez steps up, but that's not strong bet at this point.

WHat's the alternative? The other awful guy starts and I can spend hours reading posts from smash and lanchemehl with ever more creative reasons as to why he's actually not awful?

Obviously you hope Sanchez steps up, but that's not strong bet at this point.

You seem to have this thought process that just because I see a future in Sanchez that I think every QB is good ? The only thing I find funny is that Jets fans who bash Sanchez continiously think we have great skill players surrounding him when in fact they are basicly a bunch of Jags. Plaxico was such a superstar yet not one team is interested in him. Cotch as much as I like what he brings to a team was 4th string and still looking for a job LT's Career is finished Santonio can not do it all by himself nor can Shonn Greene.

Just so your aware I never ever said Sanchez has played great or even good but I do see talent there and I think he can build a nice career. Thats what fans do, they have hope their team will compete and do well as they begin to mesh with their teammates over the years.

Problem with the Jets is you cant mesh with Old convicts, washed up players, and other teams castoffs, if you think they can you have not been paying attention to the NFL. The teams that win DO NOT try to build through constant FA aqusitions (see Redskins and Raiders) and crappy drafts like the Jets. Mangini built a solid team of young players he was just not ready to coach them and Rex came in and turned it around on defense. All the Jets had to do was Add Some skill talent on offense and they did not they subtracted players on offense and kept switching players on a young QB who was trying to work and get used to different players each year. No other Young QB had to do this but this is another thing most Sanchez haters cant get a grasp of they think a Young QB like Sanchez can bring in a new WR like a Peyton Manning can and its just not the case. A QB needs to grow with his offense and then you can add a player here and a player there just like the Saints Do. But I guess its ok to add has beens and criminal has beens to your team so they can disrupt the entire process I guess thats good for some Jets fans as well.

If Sanchez does well from here on out thats great but to be honest I dont see that happening unless the Jets drasticly change the way they do things on offense. Competitions between Ducasse and Hunter is not a good freakin start nor is going into the season with one proven WR in Holmes or one RB who cant catch like Greene who also seems to constant battle nagging injuries that cuts into his production.

He wasn't complaining when the defense was carrying him to an AFCCG appearance two years in a row while he was busy stinking up the place

Carried Sanchez or Schotty's offense? And I also recall Sanchez stepping up in the playoffs both times mind you. I also recall the defense getting smoked by the colts and steelers in those afccg's I also recall Braylon and Sanchez going against Schotty terrible playcalling against the Colts because they knew what they seen on the field. THATS when they starting making plays and won the game to keep our playoff run alive that year. So yeah, the defense carried Schotty's offense, but there were a few situations that I seen where Sanchez shown that it was in fact shotty's playcalling. But lets pretend like we dont know that and that it was just Sanchez.

Thats when people starting making these stupid remarks about the defense carrying sanchez. Before hand I heard alot about how Sanchez was really taking control in the playoffs, not making mental errors and Shonn Greene being the best RB in the playoffs.

How quickly some forget what actually happened just to establish alittle hate.

Not to mention the freakin obvious. Dude was a rookie and a 2nd year player those first two years. Jet fans are ridiculous.

I really hope Mark as a terrific year in 2012.

I will Love to read what the threads will say?

Since I figure it will be silence, so who else may be picked on if this is the case...

lol. You're lost if you think that we will be silent if Mark has a great season. he gets dumped on cause he sucks. If he wins, we will love him.

Sanchez was abysmal in the 2nd half of the 09 AFCC and 1st half of the 10 AFCC. He also sucked in the 10 post season game vs the Colts and the Jets wouldnt have even been in the AFCC if it werent for Jim Caldwell calling a time out.

Go back and look at the stats if you dont believe me.

How was he up in NE?

I really hope Mark as a terrific year in 2012.

I will Love to read what the threads will say?

Since I figure it will be silence, so who else may be picked on if this is the case...

I really hope so too. It's posssible.

But I'm not holding my breath.

lol. You're lost if you think that we will be silent if Mark has a great season. he gets dumped on cause he sucks. If he wins, we will love him.

this statement is a perfect example why players should ignore the fans. we're just followers. Sanchez will hear the Tebow chants and the hate at the beginning, when he shows that this is his team and he just needed a competent OC, some experience and maybe some regularity at WR (because its a revolving door so far) he'll watch those same fans buy his jersey and praise him.

Some will be on Jetnation pretending that they knew it all along and and others will be silent because much of their comments were outside just wins/losses but straight hate. Those are the ones I think BurnleyJet believes will be silent.

And speaking of wins and loses, Sanchez has a pretty good record given being in the league for 3 years. Jet fans never seen 2 afccg's in a row, thats a first. He went 11-5 in his 2nd year as QB. The last time the Jets won more than 10 games in a season was 1998....12 years ago (and before that 1985). And in those 12 years the Jets had only three (3) 10 win seasons. Sanchez has never produced a losing record for a season. Sanchez is the first Jet QB to go 3 consecutive years without producing a losing season, Joe Namath cant even say that. Sanchez has amassed as many playoff wins in his first 2 years than the Jets as a franchise collected in the 28 years prior to Mark Sanchez. Thats f'ing TERRIBLE Yet I keep hearing that he doesnt win football games. Under Sanchez we've never been lower than 2nd place in the eastern division. Sanchez is undefeated in the playoffs when playing against division rivals.

So for a team whom historically has been a losing franchise, for fans of such a franchise not to be able to recognize wins is just ridiculous to me. Maybe its not in the way that people would like the wins to occur, but since Sanchez has been the QB we win more than we lose and our winning efficiency is better than any other QB in the history of this organization. So when I see Namath talking sh*t, what I see is a man that is finally after 40+ years getting dethroned, and he knows it. The fans who cant see it are busy screaming for Timothy Tebow.

this statement is a perfect example why players should ignore the fans. we're just followers. Sanchez will hear the Tebow chants and the hate at the beginning, when he shows that this is his team and he just needed a competent OC, some experience and maybe some regularity at WR (because its a revolving door so far) he'll watch those same fans buy his jersey and praise him.

Some will be on Jetnation pretending that they knew it all along and and others will be silent because much of their comments were outside just wins/losses but straight hate. Those are the ones I think BurnleyJet believes will be silent.

And speaking of wins and loses, Sanchez has a pretty good record given being in the league for 3 years. Jet fans never seen 2 afccg's in a row, thats a first. He went 11-5 in his 2nd year as QB. The last time the Jets won more than 10 games in a season was 1998....12 years ago. And in those 12 years they had only three (3) 10 win seasons. Sanchez has never produced a losing record for a season. Sanchez is the first Jet QB to go 3 consecutive years without producing a losing season, Joe Namath cant even say that. Yet I keep hearing that he doesnt win football games. Under Sanchez we've never been lower than 2nd place in the eastern division. Sanchez is undefeated in the playoffs when playing against division rivals.

So for a team whom historically has been a losing franchise, for fans of such a franchise not to be able to recognize wins is just ridiculous to me. Maybe its not in the way that people would like the wins to occur, but since Sanchez has been the QB we win more than we lose and our winning efficiency is better than any other QB in the history of this organization. So when I see Namath talking sh*t, what I see is a man that is finally after 40+ years getting dethroned, and he knows it. The fans who cant see it are busy screaming for Timothy Tebow.

A fan is a follower. For the rest of your essay, tl,dr. I love the Jets. I LOVE them. I will cheer for them through a 1-15 season, or a 15-1 season. I root for them proud and loud. Sanchez is my quarterback. An outsider asks, "he has some downside, but you know what.. I think he can put it together and lead us to the promised land". This is a forum for mostly hardcore lovers of the same Green and White. I think we are free to speak our minds. End of the day, I root for Mark, and anyone else who is privileged enough to dawn that decal on their helmet. Period. Doesn't mean I can't honestly think he doesn't have the qualities to get it done for us, when speaking amongst us.

A fan is a follower. For the rest of your essay, tl,dr. I love the Jets. I LOVE them. I will cheer for them through a 1-15 season, or a 15-1 season. I root for them proud and loud. Sanchez is my quarterback. An outsider asks, "he has some downside, but you know what.. I think he can put it together and lead us to the promised land". This is a forum for mostly hardcore lovers of the same Green and White. I think we are free to speak our minds. End of the day, I root for Mark, and anyone else who is privileged enough to dawn that decal on their helmet. Period. Doesn't mean I can't honestly think he doesn't have the qualities to get it done for us, when speaking amongst us.

Given that 4 passages is too long to read I'll keep this even shorter. I never said that people cant speak their mind, Im simply replying to some of the things I consider bullsh*t that are coming from the minds of people, especially speaking of qualities or the lack of it. The other 3 passages you didnt read was basically stating the accomplishments he's had which shows his qualities. Who would have thought Sanchez qualities/accomplishments would be too long to read in just 3 years lol.

Given that 4 passages is too long to read I'll keep this even shorter. I never said that people cant speak their mind, Im simply replying to some of the things I consider bullsh*t that are coming from the minds of people, especially speaking of qualities. The other 3 passages you didnt read was basically stating the accomplishments he's had which shows his qualities. Who would have thought Sanchez qualities/accomplishments would be too long to read in just 3 years lol.

You edited your original poster after I read it. I was more or less responding to you saying we are just followers in a derogatory way. Still, I think mark is garbage.

Cool, and my edit was to show that Mark is not as garbage as the thoughts of him being garbage is garbage.

EDIT:

+1 Mark is garbage is like a mantra on this board, it's like fitting in with collective. I for one I'm not willing to throw Mark under the bus yet.

I read your post Villain and your spot on.

+1 Mark is garbage is like a mantra on this board, it's like fitting in with collective. I for one I'm not willing to throw Mark under the bus yet.

At the very least, I hope we can all agree that Sanchez is worth WAYYYY more than a 4th.

At the very least, I hope we can all agree that Sanchez is worth WAYYYY more than a 4th.

Yes he is, but any thing more, does not fit the "Sanchez sucks" collective.

They like to portray Mark in a certain way, and anything other than JAG or bottom five NFL Quarterback is unexceptable.

Garbage is garbage. No real varying degrees.

Bullsh*t, there's varying degrees of talent. Right now Mark is somewhere in the middle of the pack of starting QB's in the league. Thats okay because he's young and he's learning. Once the front office does its job of bringing in talent and actually keeping the talent here to build chemistry then I believe we can see Marks potential transform into fruition. However doing that is NOT through free agency.

As for the garbage talk, I would designate that talk to the offensive coaching staff, which we got rid of one in schotty, and the person making the WR and o-line decisions for this football team. Quite frankly if it wasnt for the Steelers wanting to get rid of Holmes we would'nt even have a decent WR on this team right now, and thats at the cost of potential locker room discrepancies. And as for the O-line we havent drafted a decent lineman since 2006. sh*t, we havent had such an impactful draft since 06. Whens the last Jets draft that has produced 2 or more starters for the team? Maybe we should be worrying about our real problems which is our lack of building a football team through the draft and stop pointing the finger at a QB that has no sense of consistency and continuity on offense since he's been in the league outside of Brick, Mangold and Keller. Thats pathetic garbage on various degrees.

Thanks bro. I agree with people that the Jets have problems, what I dont agree with is that its at QB. I can spend a half hour speaking about our actual problems... from the revolving WRs to the lack of productive draft picks to the thin O-line depth to thinking that FA cures the problem to the front office turning this team into a circus while the other football team in the same building who doesnt get any press is winning superbowls, with a QB who's stats look strikingly similar to Sanchez in his first 3 years.

The reason why the Jets have been a historically bad franchise has to be a reflection of the franchise and who's running it. This sanchez crap is overkill, especially when he's not even the problem.

Archived