Quick Mock

New York Mick

1 – #16 OG/OT - Glenn, Georgia

Gound and pound. He adds depth, can play multiple spots and will able to start from day one.

2 – #47 (15) OLB/ILB - Lewis, Oklahoma

Plays the run well, gets in the backfield and can play OLB or ILB.

3 – #77 (14) FS - Taylor, LSU

Hits like Smith but covers better.

5 – #154 (19) WR - Childs, Arkansas

Big 6'3'' 220 and fast sub 4.4, he would have been drafted in the 2nd if he didn't get hurt.

6 – #187 (17) ILB - Burfict, Az State

Even though he completely ****ed himself he'll still get drafted. He might be gone before this but it's hard to tell. I've seen him from the 3rd to undrafted. Anyway if he's there Rex will jump on him, he can be a beast if he gets his head out of his a$$.

6 – #202 (33) RB/WR/ST - Rainey, Florida

3rd down receiving back as well as PR. He's a speed demon a poor mans Reggie Bush.

6 – #203 (34) WR - Lewis, East Carolina

Good size 6'3'' and played well against top schools,

7 – #232 (25) TE - Koger, Michigan

He's a big TE that can catch and blocks really well.

7 – #242 (35) WR - Belcher, Indiana

He's 6'5'' 220 and a dumb a$$ prefect to replace Plax

7 – #244 (37) P - Powell, FSU

i do like taylor in the 3rd that kid hist hard and not afraid to tackle raw but will be agood player i like kendricks ilb and irvin olb good depth to a position getting old and these guys play hard and fast

I would love this draft, i am a big fan of the last 3 also. Koger was underutilized at Michigan. Belcher is huge. Finally get a punter with a big leg. Rainey could do a lot to help the team. Lewis hits hard. Burfict could be a steal if he gets himself together. Glenn would make our O-line dominant again. Nice job Mick. Sounds crazy but i could see all three WR's making the roster. I like this draft a lot.

Glenn is good stuff...not a big Lewis fan...I like Brandon Taylor and think he's a big reach in the third...Burfict is a good gamble for this team with Scott, Rex, and Pettine getting to work on him....hope he's an UDFA tbh...Rainey is fast so that's fine....the P is cool...Koger is good but he's everyone's favorite sleeper TE so 7th requires some luck...Belcher isn't even draft worthy and the East Carolina guy can probably be had with the last pick or even in UDFA...I do like East Carolina players maybe more than I should?

Did you draft 4 receivers so that we could cut three of them?

That was my first thought as well, but it does make some sense. They are all from the 5th round on, so that kind of shotgun approach may be exactly what we see this year. Plenty of teams do that. Throw a bunch against the wall and see what sticks. Main reason against it would be that they like Schillens and may not carry that many with this offensive staff.

Did you draft 4 receivers so that we could cut three of them?

It's really only 3 WRs Rainey is a RB that could be used like Reggie Bush. He can catch and play ST as a PR and KR and is great at blocking kicks. As Dom said it's from the 5th round on so most of the players aren't going to make the team anyway and I figured if we can get one of the 3 WRs as the number 2 it's worth it. Also I didn't like any of the later NTs, I wanted to put one in the 6th or 7th but none look like a player that would make it.

Glenn is good stuff...not a big Lewis fan...I like Brandon Taylor and think he's a big reach in the third...Burfict is a good gamble for this team with Scott, Rex, and Pettine getting to work on him....hope he's an UDFA tbh...Rainey is fast so that's fine....the P is cool...Koger is good but he's everyone's favorite sleeper TE so 7th requires some luck...Belcher isn't even draft worthy and the East Carolina guy can probably be had with the last pick or even in UDFA...I do like East Carolina players maybe more than I should?

I'm only going off of the one game I watch with Lewis against NC and he looked good and he had a good game against Gilmore when they played SC so I figured he's worth a 6th rounder. Koger might be gone by then because everyone is looking for TEs now. If he is gone I'd put Bryan from NC State there instead. He's another bigger blocking TE that can catch.

It's really only 3 WRs Rainey is a RB that could be used like Reggie Bush. He can catch and play ST as a PR and KR and is great at blocking kicks. As Dom said it's from the 5th round on so most of the players aren't going to make the team anyway and I figured if we can get one of the 3 WRs as the number 2 it's worth it. Also I didn't like any of the later NTs, I wanted to put one in the 6th or 7th but none look like a player that would make it.

Only real issue with that is that with McKnight they already have a return man/RB that can't run the ball. They probably have more need for an actual RB that can run because Powell is at best a complete question mark. They didn't sign anybody yet, did they?

If Rainey is better maybe they should cut one. It's not like you get too far drafting for need in the last few rounds. The players are more limited so you draft for fit, but not need.

I think Rainey will be a better 3rd down back then McKnight and better a ST then both of them. He follows his blockers better then anyone i've seen in a long time, can catch and he runs tougher then people give him credit for. He a kick blocking machine on top of being a good return guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u19K8Vv8Lc

Archived