WR Floyd scheduled to visit Jets

Ryno the Jet

WR Floyd scheduled to visit Jets

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/11700/wr-floyd-scheduled-to-visit-jets?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

April, 8, 2012

APR 8

3:56

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd, whose stock has been climbing since an impressive pro day, is scheduled to visit the Jets this coming week. The Jets, who own the 16th pick, are targeting Floyd and pass rushers, according to sources.

Speaking Sunday on Sirius NFL Radio, Floyd listed the Jets among eight teams he's scheduled to visit. The others are the Titans, Rams, Bengals, Cards, Dolphins, 49ers and Vikings, four of whom pick ahead of the Jets in the first round.

Previously, Floyd visited the Browns, Panthers and Eagles, all of whom pick ahead of the Jets.

His off the field issues indicate that he's not the kind of person who the Jets need in the locker room. <-- thats the only thing I could think of for now

You think he is fast? He looks like a lumbering tight end out there. Actually I can think of tight ends that look faster. His upside is that of Keyshawn's. Which is fine and I would be happy with. But his downside is Mike Williams (USC).

Good. Round one is for WRs, DBs, pass rushers and linemen ONLY. These are the only positions that ever seem to live up to the expectations of a R1 pick, except the occasional pass rusher. ;)

WR

OLB

or

S

Or trade back into 2.

You think he is fast? He looks like a lumbering tight end out there. Actually I can think of tight ends that look faster. His upside is that of Keyshawn's. Which is fine and I would be happy with. But his downside is Mike Williams (USC).

He ran a 4.4 forty I admit he doesnt play as fast as that but he has some speed. Alshonn Jeffery on the other hand....

Cause Jet fans hate every player we draft in the 1st round? Except maybe Mangold.

Really? Since the turn of the century:

Ellis was a staple on this D for years.

Abe was ridiculed for being a wuss, but nobody doubted his ability.

Chad didn't win a SB, but I don't think he is hated by any stretch.

Becht is hated and he probably is deserving.

Moss is more of a love/hate/love again/hate again relationship.

BT is back again! No hate here.

DRob was decent, but given the price the Jets paid, which is not his fault, he is hated.

Vilma was D-Rook of the year, is currently a great (albeit dirty) player, and was only ousted because the Jets changed schemes.

Brick is a very solid LT.

Mangold is the best center ever.

Revis is ok :wink:

Gholston deserves all the hatred that comes his way!

Keller is not terrible, and can become one of the most productive Jets ever if he stays healthy and continues to improve.

We all have opinions on the Sanchise, but the story does not have an ending yet.

Wilson shows promise.

And, Mo is a beast!

The times they are a changin' my friend!

Good. Round one is for WRs, DBs, pass rushers and linemen ONLY. These are the only positions that ever seem to live up to the expectations of a R1 pick, except the occasional pass rusher. ;)

WR

OLB

or

S

Or trade back into 2.

No round one QBs huh? Interesting theory, but not too many GMs on your side there. Outside of QBs, you list leaves RBs, TEs, MLBs, PKs, and punters. Bet Ray Lewis would have something to say about that, but then again, what doesn't he have an opinion on?

No round one QBs huh? Interesting theory, but not too many GMs on your side there. Outside of QBs, you list leaves RBs, TEs, MLBs, PKs, and punters. Bet Ray Lewis would have something to say about that, but then again, what doesn't he have an opinion on?

Round one QBs are probably the most obvious answer when discussing positions that never live up to round 1 selection expectations... and that is the point of what I was posting about. Doesn't mean you don't take a QB in round one if you have to, but my point was that they never live up to expectations.

Ellis was a staple on this D for years.

Abe was ridiculed for being a wuss, but nobody doubted his ability.

Chad didn't win a SB, but I don't think he is hated by any stretch.

Becht is hated and he probably is deserving.

Moss is more of a love/hate/love again/hate again relationship.

DRob was decent, but given the price the Jets paid, which is not his fault, he is hated.

Vilma was D-Rook of the year, is currently a great (albeit dirty) player, and was only ousted because the Jets changed schemes.

Brick is a very solid LT.

Mangold is the best center ever.

Revis is ok :wink:

Gholston deserves all the hatred that comes his way!

Keller is not terrible, and can become one of the most productive Jets ever if he stays healthy and continues to improve.

We all have opinions on the Sanchise, but the story does not have an ending yet.

Wilson shows promise.

And, Mo is a beast!

Woah. I support your enthusiasm and positive attitude, I'm just saying, some fans out there hate anyone we probably draft in the 1st round regardless. And about Chad, weren't some people cheering when he last got injured as a Jet?

Because he runs like a tight end.

This sounds practically verbatim from what was said about Fitzy when he was coming out of Pitt.

Ellis was a staple on this D for years. - Agreed.

Abe was ridiculed for being a wuss, but nobody doubted his ability. - These go hand in hand; everyone hated him because he was never healthy for the important games. Right or wrong, he was pretty despised on his way out.

Chad didn't win a SB, but I don't think he is hated by any stretch. - If you don't think Chad was widely hated than you weren't around many Jets fans from '00 - '07 lol...or ever visited this site prior to today.

Becht is hated and he probably is deserving. - He was definitely hated, but that was more due to the trade and who we passed up.

Moss is more of a love/hate/love again/hate again relationship. - Agreed

DRob was decent, but given the price the Jets paid, which is not his fault, he is hated. - Bowling ball with knives. Once again, who we passed up for him and his production made him a very hated player. He always played tough and even hurt; don't think you can

Vilma was D-Rook of the year, is currently a great (albeit dirty) player, and was only ousted because the Jets changed schemes. - Vilma was absolutely hated around here by many and labeled as a compiler, where the majority of tackles were made 5 years passed the LOS.

Brick is a very solid LT. - He isn't too hated now, but he was crucified his first and even second year; people didn't like how he couldn't keep on weight and live up to the fourth overall pick.

Mangold is the best center ever. - Most likely the only first round pick whom I can remember that every single Jets fan likes. It's almost hard to believe; there's gotta be some jackass fan that doesn't like him.

Revis is ok :wink: - Go back to his holdout. Mevis.

Gholston deserves all the hatred that comes his way! - Absolutely. But his hate is mostly projected on towards Tanny.

We all have opinions on the Sanchise, but the story does not have an ending yet. - Yes there are a lot of opinions...and the majority of them are hate.

Wilson shows promise.

And, Mo is a beast!

I'm not saying anything against your opinions of these players, just merely pointing out what Larz meant; unless our first round pick is an all-pro, not good looking and has a great overall personality, there is going to be a large contingent that hate him. In all honesty, I can't think of a single first round pick besides Mangold that is unanimously liked.

LOL. So true. so true.

Mangold is really the only player you just can't **** with.

To be fair, Mangold is the one player who I can picture me sitting down and having a beer with and shooting the breeze, and I don't even drink lol

This sounds practically verbatim from what was said about Fitzy when he was coming out of Pitt.

Fitzy's jumping ability showed up on highlights. Floyd doesn't show much of anything on highlights. He just looks like a big body possession receiver. Which is valuable - but not worthy of that high of a pick imho.

I'm not saying anything against your opinions of these players, just merely pointing out what Larz meant; unless our first round pick is an all-pro, not good looking and has a great overall personality, there is going to be a large contingent that hate him. In all honesty, I can't think of a single first round pick besides Mangold that is unanimously liked.

I see how this can be taken several ways. Of course, we Jets fans tend to overreact when the actual pick is made, but can you blame us? There is a little history there. Your analysis leans towards hatred for the players during their time as a Jet. I guess what I was referring to was right now. Are the players still hated by the majority of Jets fans. I would say that bygones are bygones for most of our 1st round picks since 2000. Becht, DRob, and Gholston would be the only players during that stretch that are treated with disdain by the majority of our fans.

Archived