New Jets Logo Is Offensive Whether You're a Tim Tebow Fan or Not

Jetfan13

powg675ios.pngWell, I guess it was only a matter of time before people started poking fun at Tim Tebow going to the New York Jets -- but I kind of figured it would take longer than a few hours!

CNBC's Darren Rovell just couldn't resist the urge to commit a major faux pas on Twitter by retweeting a revised version of the Jets logo, complete with a crucified Jesus Christ depicted in the name instead of the letter "T."

Wow. In this case the "T" can definitely be replaced with something else -- like tasteless. Or how about tacky? Or totally unacceptable?

If people took what any schlub with Microsoft Paint can do as offensive, us Jews would have rioted a long, long time ago.

Not so sure how far that would get though. You'd get a bunch of guys at the front arguing about which direction they should push the riot towards, the women in the back complaining they were going to be late for the Early Bird...just a mess.

I blame the Jets that somebody used MS Paint to create their new official logo.

LOL.

Rovell got some heat for this I believe. He searched for this on Twitter and sort of made it famous. It wasn't really getting exposure before that I believe.

powg675ios.pngWell, I guess it was only a matter of time before people started poking fun at Tim Tebow going to the New York Jets -- but I kind of figured it would take longer than a few hours!

CNBC's Darren Rovell just couldn't resist the urge to commit a major faux pas on Twitter by retweeting a revised version of the Jets logo, complete with a crucified Jesus Christ depicted in the name instead of the letter "T."

Wow. In this case the "T" can definitely be replaced with something else -- like tasteless. Or how about tacky? Or totally unacceptable?

It's ok guys, but I wonder what it would be like in our Society one day when people have the respect for one another and the grace to take the next step toward our development rather than continue the same stupid and shameless acts. I also wonder if I could also use the Jets logo while poking fun at the Muslim and Jewish religions....I just wonder would that be ok for some here?

It's ok guys, but I wonder what it would be like in our Society one day when people have the respect for one another and the grace to take the next step toward our development rather than continue the same stupid and shameless acts. I also wonder if I could also use the Jets logo while poking fun at the Muslim and Jewish religions....I just wonder would that be ok for some here?

No one is poking fun at Christianity. They are poking fun at Tebow's relentless attempt to push his agenda. He has every right to promote his God, just as we all have every right to poke fun.

LOL.

Rovell got some heat for this I believe. He searched for this on Twitter and sort of made it famous. It wasn't really getting exposure before that I believe.

With or without Tebow, that's the most perfect logo for Jets fans I've ever seen.

Do whatever you please. It wont offend me. I dont believe in being offended by words or silly pictures. You take the power away from offensive words or pictures when you dont get offended by it. Time for people to see the light and stop being offended for no reason.

The great Louis CK said it best when he said that no one gave people the ******* right to go through life without being offended.

You know there was like a 3 year span where I thought religion was on the way out....I'd say around '06-'08....yeah, that...stuff...is coming back somehow.

Faith, and belief is one of the best things a person can have, that being said Religous fanatics who have to shove their faiths, and beliefs in everyones face, and the even crazier freaks who think their faiths, and beliefs (Religous preference) are what everyone should follow, and are willing to take actions to implement their religious beliefs, and cause harm, and spew hatred to others because they believe something else is the main cause of this worlds problems.

If people privatly practiced their religious beliefs, and religion was kept quiet this world would be a better place.

I know religion, and politics are a no no here, so I apologize, but I can't resist, this thread should probably be locked.

Tebow the football player can be good for an NFL team, but Tebow the religious figure is bad for everything, it condones the religious freaks to act the way they act, and I don't blame Tebow for this, it's a society problem.

Ok I'll return to my hiatus due to this religious freak show circus.

And our early favorite for Hypocrite of the Year is...

This ****er works for Al-jezera...

freakin Taliban started this crap against Sanchez.....

CREATE-LIGHT-ON-THE-FIRST-DAY-CREATE-SUN-MOON-AND-STARS-ON-FOURTH-DAY.jpg

The definition of light: The natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible; electromagnetic radiation from about 390 to 740 nm in wavelength.

So the sun, moon and stars isnt "light itself", it just so happens that the Sun and Stars emit light. The Moon doesnt even radiate light....it reflects it.

The definition of light: The natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible; electromagnetic radiation from about 390 to 740 nm in wavelength.

So the sun, moon and stars isnt "light itself", it just so happens that the Sun and Stars emit light. The Moon doesnt even radiate light....it reflects it.

debbie-downer.jpg

Yeah from RJF's reply to 27 on this thread got awesome, fast.

As Elvis would say: "Thank you, thank you very much"

And just to clarify, I do identify as a Christian, and I absolutely agree with the morals it preaches, I'm just not a fan of organized religion. I wasn't put here to be anyone's sheep, and a little critical thinking will expose all of us to the contradictions, outdated-ness, and general nonsense of many things written in The Bible, Koran, Torah, and all other tools of control used by these so called "religious leaders." The other day I was asked to define religion by a friend, and after a few minutes of thought, I said "Religion was created to explain the unknown to the ignorant masses by agents of ignorance, but is now a tool to control the ignorant masses." From the Crusades (and before) to this current War we're stuck in (and unfortunately future conflicts as well), religion has reared it's ugly head as a catalyst for warfare time and time again. It's 2012, when will humanity wake up?

/Rant

I hate to come off like that but it bothers me when I dont see people use their God given common sense.

Gimme a break with the common sense nonsense. How could light be emitted (which would then prove it's creation) without the agents to emit or reflect it? Did God have this "light" bottled up and in a lab somewhere until the vessels were created to emit it? I don't disagree with what you said, it's scientific fact, and that's what my logical mind reacts to. I just have a problem with the idea that this entity in the sky created all of this, therefore we should forego our freewill and blindly follow the scriptures whether what's being taught is to our benefit or not. There is not 1 shred of viable proof that a "God" even exists. And btw, I didn't create that macro, I just find it hilarious and I love how it pokes fun at the blind sheep that follows the non-scientific notions as to this world's creation.

I'm not Christian, I'm a recovering Catholic, but hey, if we can't say the n word or chink or spic or make fun of Islam, then enjoying offending Christians should be off limits too.

Is there a slur for Christians we're missing out on here? I wanna know!

Satirizing Tebow =/= making fun of Christianity. Tebow is happily identified by his faith, and as a public figure is fair game. Any athlete with a similarly high profile with an Islamic, Jewish, or Chinese agenda would be treated the exact same way. We may've even had a couple anti-Mexican posts related to Sanchez here. Not 100% sure, but...

In the meantime...

J! E! Tebow! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

Archived