Official NHL Playoffs 2012 Thread

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly the pens are the best team in hockey.

LOL ... !

On topic Game 3 was just like game one... amazing goal tending on both teams the last period the D gets blah and brodeur gets scored, Game 4 is definitely going to be much more interesting . The devils have out played the Rangers Offensively but Lunq is almost godly ...

Tomorrow I'll probably be in the City with my Devils Jersey I hope I don't get cut... LETS GO DEVILS!!!

The devils are a good defensive team with good goaltending. Their problem is they are facing a great defensive team with great goaltending. They do not have the offense to overcome that where we have some weapons and will add another weapon when Gaborik desides to get his nose dirty and play some grinding hockey.

Anyone else think that Girardi is playing concussed? He has made more mental mistakes the last few games than I have seen him make his whole career. Somethin aint right although he does keep scoring.

Wednesday is going to be fun

Crazy isn't it? It's one of those series where just having one of your teams in this makes you a winner right off the bat. This is the best playoff series in any sport that I've watched in a long, long time. Between the Knicks, Mets, and Jets, I forget that sports actually do have the capability of being enjoyable sometimes.

So many penalties !!! Jesus... honorable mention how the Rangers killed the 5-3 penalty ...

Rupp can go choke on a twinkie for being such a doucher-bagger. SMH .

Anyway... LETS GO DEVILS!

The Rangers NEVER do it easy. Perhaps they should practice for a period before the game. The penalty differential was a joke, but doesn't really matter if you don't generate any offense for the first half of the game. It's been the situation all postseason; opponents have no respect at all for the Rangers' offense. Nor should they. It might not have mattered but Zuccarelloi might have been of more sue than Bickel.

That was a brutal performance by the Rangers last night. Hats off to the Devils taking it to them....

That being said....

If the Rangers are going to win this series they are going to have to get some kind of goal scoring from somone other than Giradi, Staal, and Del Zotto (who was brutal last night and rightfully benched).

An all points bulletin is being sent out for Richards, Gaborik and Hagelin. It would be nice if you guys put the puck in the net. Hagelin had a couple of chances last night but Richards has been MIA since the series began, Gaborik ? He needs to go take a good long hard look in the mirror at himself. Other than the game winner in Game 3 he has been non-competitive.

This is going 7 games and maybe even beyond.

Well this is playoff hockey - what I love to watch tension and passions are high- Devils manhandled us last night- we need to get more pressure win the little battles get that puck on net

That was a brutal performance by the Rangers last night. Hats off to the Devils taking it to them....

That being said....

If the Rangers are going to win this series they are going to have to get some kind of goal scoring from somone other than Giradi, Staal, and Del Zotto (who was brutal last night and rightfully benched).

An all points bulletin is being sent out for Richards, Gaborik and Hagelin. It would be nice if you guys put the puck in the net. Hagelin had a couple of chances last night but Richards has been MIA since the series began, Gaborik ? He needs to go take a good long hard look in the mirror at himself. Other than the game winner in Game 3 he has been non-competitive.

This is going 7 games and maybe even beyond.

I have no real data to back this up, merely observation. but Gaborik is much more effective in the regular season than in the playoffs. He isn't physical at all. He never wins those corner battles. This line still thinks they're playing Winnipeg in Janaury with the overpassing. You aren't getting that kind of time nor space in the playoffs. Simply shoot quickly, and then go to the net with your stick on the ice. But they never do. Even on the power play gaborik readily passes back to the point instead of driving to the net. Point of comparison -Kovalchuk, admittedly a more complete player, never hesitates tot take a shot and ALWAYS follows up by going to the net.

Is there a bigger joke than Torts right now? What a clown.

DeBoeur yelling is okay, but Tortorella is a bad guy? That idiot Pierre Maguire turned off his mic. Would be interested if Glenn Healy, the CBC guy also right there, had his on. But so what really. Any of the other NHL coaches would trade places with Tortorella now. His postgame last night was actually pretty calm. And he could've went nuts about the diving, the penalty differential and Callahan getting speared.

DeBoeur yelling is okay, but Tortorella is a bad guy? That idiot Pierre Maguire turned off his mic. Would be interested if Glenn Healy, the CBC guy also right there, had his on. But so what really. Any of the other NHL coaches would trade places with Tortorella now. His postgame last night was actually pretty calm. And he could've went nuts about the diving, the penalty differential and Callahan getting speared.

This is what I'm referencing:

"Absolutely, it's a cheap, dirty hit," Tortorella said, his voice rising. "I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there, I wonder what would happen? So I'm anxious to see what happens with the league with this. Just no respect among players, none. It's sickening."

Shoes on the other foot now and he didn't say much. He's a joke.

If I don't recall the first two games at MSG, we had like half the penalties you guys did. It was nothing but calls against the Devils.

And all of the calls were warranted yesterday ... how many high sticks and bad elbows do refs have to turn the cheek too. All the calls had replays to back them up

there was nothing biased about it. Esp with that dovche randomly hitting players and then out of no where hitting Marty.

Anyway, Torts had no reason to yell at Deboeur when it was his crummy player that got himself kicked out.

If I don't recall the first two games at MSG, we had like half the penalties you guys did. It was nothing but calls against the Devils.

And all of the calls were warranted yesterday ... how many high sticks and bad elbows do refs have to turn the cheek too. All the calls had replays to back them up

there was nothing biased about it. Esp with that dovche randomly hitting players and then out of no where hitting Marty.

Anyway, Torts had no reason to yell at Deboeur when it was his crummy player that got himself kicked out.

Again, I hate Gaborik's alcka of physical play. But there a sequence in the 1st period in the Devils' end croenr when he was crosschecked abouy 15 times in 30 seconds. There' no problem if you're gonna let everyone play, but to allow that and then call some of the ticky tack stuff (the 2 on Hagelin especially) called later is a joke. Again, it's not why the Rangers lost, but it didn't help. To give one team 6 power plays including a 5 on 3 and the other team 1 was a joke, even if you concede Rupp's idiocy.

What do the Penguins have to do with anything I said? Oh. Right. Nothing. You just have no educated retort. You never actually do.

Yet it went right over your head, great track record you have.

Archived