Official NHL Playoffs 2012 Thread

CrazyCarl40

shush your pens look so weak right now.

& Crosby is the little instigator that doesn't fight.

If the Pens were playing the Devils, your Devils would be looking very weak.

Crosby is no more an instigator than any other hockey player ever. And he tried to fight Giroux. Your claims are baseless.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Pens were playing the Devils, your Devils would be looking very weak.

Crosby is no more an instigator than any other hockey player ever. And he tried to fight Giroux. Your claims are baseless.

The Pens were a better team all around than the Flyers yet the 3-0 Playoff mark says otherwise... It's not baseless

The Pens were a better team all around than the Flyers yet the 3-0 Playoff mark says otherwise... It's not baseless

I agree, but some teams just don't match up well. Like the Flyers are a terrible match-up for the Pens. Every team has a team or two they don't match up well with. If the Penguins were playing defense like they had during the regular season, it would be a totally different series. Game 1 set the pace for that. That said, I don't see the Devils or the Rangers for that matter coming out of the east.

Torts is going to give me a stroke going into that shell with about 7 minutes left in the game. Good thing he has the best goalie in the game. The King came up HUGE last night.

I will feel alot more at ease if the Rangers win tommorow night.

Torts is going to give me a stroke going into that shell with about 7 minutes left in the game. Good thing he has the best goalie in the game. The King came up HUGE last night.

I will feel alot more at ease if the Rangers win tommorow night.

Spot on. That's the benefit/curse of having a HOFer like Lundqvist. It reminded me of the 1990 dynasty Yankees and Torre managing a 1 run lead in the postseason because he had Mo. That eventually bit him in the a$$ in game 7 of the 2001 WS.

Boyle and Hank have been phenomenal thus far.

That was just brutal. Three goals on 12 shots in 22 minutes. It was hard to watch.

The penqueens. :)

I had a heart attack in the 3rd period. And after yesterday's performance I don't see our team getting too far .

I agree, but some teams just don't match up well. Like the Flyers are a terrible match-up for the Pens. Every team has a team or two they don't match up well with. If the Penguins were playing defense like they had during the regular season, it would be a totally different series. Game 1 set the pace for that. That said, I don't see the Devils or the Rangers for that matter coming out of the east.

10-3 ! JESUS!

The Rangers last pweor play was such pussified nonsense the whole team should be forced to skate until they drop. TAKE A GODDAMN SHOT. All fien and good to bock shots but nthis team REFUSES to play hard on offense.

GABORIK BLOWS DEAD ANIMALS.

The Rangers had their foot on Ottawa's throat last night but let them up and now this series is most likely going seven games.

I agree with Bugg about Gaborik. Where the hell has he gone ? At least Richards is putting pucks on net.

The Rangers were dominated in the second period, but did come back and play much better in the third. Once the game went to OT I had a feeling the Rangers were going to lose.

The Rangers are now 0-7 in their last seven OT playoff games.

The idea by Torts and MSG that the Rangers are playing relay well but don't score is a joke. The idea is to score goals. Tortorella for all this regular season success in NY his Rangers go dead offensively every spring. It's not a bug in his system, it's a feature.

Clearly the penqueens are the best team in hockey.

And having that roadlblock removed will mean NOTHING if the Rangers cannot outscore the Sens 2x this week.

Whta I've noticed; Rangers' forwards are attuned to defensive assignments in all 3 zones that they don't really force the issue. There is no forecheck. The puck geta dumped even if there is a chance for abreakout if the line's time is up. There are no rebound shots because the forwards are more concerned with covering their man than attacking the net.Craig Anderson is a competent NHL golaie but wihtou traffic in front of him you make his job way easier. he doesn't have to worry about any Rangers crashing the net because theyr're more concerned with defendng their man. And inexplicably the whole team falls back at thier blueline. You would thinlk it's illegal to put a body on the opposition's point man.

Also becomes clearer every day that the NHL office really does not like Tortorella. He's right' Neil's hit was dirty. But Bettman dislikes this franchise so much that he is now putting his finger on the scale when it comes to justice.

Frankly I expect a very good effort-and a loss tonight.

And having that roadlblock removed will mean NOTHING if the Rangers cannot outscore the Sens 2x this week.

Whta I've noticed; Rangers' forwards are attuned to defensive assignments in all 3 zones that they don't really force the issue. There is no forecheck. The puck geta dumped even if there is a chance for abreakout if the line's time is up. There are no rebound shots because the forwards are more concerned with covering their man than attacking the net.Craig Anderson is a competent NHL golaie but wihtou traffic in front of him you make his job way easier. he doesn't have to worry about any Rangers crashing the net because theyr're more concerned with defendng their man. And inexplicably the whole team falls back at thier blueline. You would thinlk it's illegal to put a body on the opposition's point man.

Also becomes clearer every day that the NHL office really does not like Tortorella. He's right' Neil's hit was dirty. But Bettman dislikes this franchise so much that he is now putting his finger on the scale when it comes to justice.

Frankly I expect a very good effort-and a loss tonight.

I think you have been spot on about everything, honestly I cannot believe the rangers finished where they did.

The power play has been terrible for years, they can't score.

Richards and Gabby have been rendered useless, with out Hags, poor excuses for their cap hits.

Clearly the penqueens are the best team in hockey.

The Flyers were a terrible match-up for the Pens. Plus they decided to stop playing the defense that made them have so much success in the regular season. The Flyers, Rangers and Penguins were the class of the east in the regular season. The playoffs are all about who is hot at the right time. Pens played one of the best teams in the league in the first round.

Wait. Isn't your #1 seed team on the road facing elimination? Shouldn't you be more focused on that? Not sure you have ANY room to talk.

The Flyers were a terrible match-up for the Pens. Plus they decided to stop playing the defense that made them have so much success in the regular season. The Flyers, Rangers and Penguins were the class of the east in the regular season. The playoffs are all about who is hot at the right time. Pens played one of the best teams in the league in the first round.

Wait. Isn't your #1 seed team on the road facing elimination? Shouldn't you be more focused on that? Not sure you have ANY room to talk.

Harsh truth. The Pens going out means NOTHING if the Rangers don't come back.

Being top seed in the east will have been totally pointless, meaningless, embarrassing.

"Fifty wins doesn’t mean squat,. You are judged by the playoffs.

You are measured as a player and as a team by what your team does in the playoffs.” John Tortorella, 3/30/2012.

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...N#ixzz1srzSbNbB

Archived