Official NHL Playoffs 2012 Thread

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every city is full of racists.

My question is... If the twitter comments were so awful, so offensive.... why are articles being written with the comments included or links to the offensive comments? To me the media including these racist comments does far more damage to people than some stupid morons that nobody listens to on Twitter.

Most people would have never known about or cared about what those morons had to say. Now its all over the place. Is the media really doing minorities a favor by pointing out the stupidity of a small group of people? Nope. They're just extending the controversy farther than it needs to be.

I don't want to derail/lock this thread.. but I tend to disagree. Pretending it didn't happen isn't much better than letting it get to you. I think that these inbred hicks deserve to be publicly shamed for being inbred hicks.

anyway, let's go devils.

A great win.

They are gonna need way more production from RIchards and Mary Gaborik to get past the Caps. Gaborij was far and away the most useless player in the lineup spare Mike Rupp.

Kreider by contrast was often the best player on either team. it's amazing a guy could go from the NCAA and within 2 weeks look like he's beem in the NHL for 5 years.

A great win.

They are gonna need way more production from RIchards and Mary Gaborik to get past the Caps. Gaborij was far and away the most useless player in the lineup spare Mike Rupp.

Kreider by contrast was often the best player on either team. it's amazing a guy could go from the NCAA and within 2 weeks look like he's beem in the NHL for 5 years.

Kreider gets better every game, Hags lifts the whole team, Stepan was big in the last 3, hopefully Boyle comes back, and yes Gabby needs to produce!

Lundqvist was once again incredible. If he does not win the Vezina Trophy this year there should be an investigation.

I gotta give Anderson his props though...he was really good in this series.

Now comes the Rangers kryptonite again...facing the Caps who have eliminated the Rangers two of the last three years.

The Rangers really need Gaborik and Richards to step up and match Ovechkin and Backstrom in this series.

What a great unconventional sports night. Great game 7s for the local teams, the NFL draft, and the last night of the NBA season.

I know the Caps are the Ranger's kryptonite as shawn aptly notes, but I think this will be an easier series for the Rangers than it was against the Senators. Torts mentioned that they had to find themselves and they did in this series. The last 2 games were brilliant displays in 2 elimination games.

I don't want to derail/lock this thread.. but I tend to disagree. Pretending it didn't happen isn't much better than letting it get to you. I think that these inbred hicks deserve to be publicly shamed for being inbred hicks.

anyway, let's go devils.

I have no problem with publicly shaming these idiots. They deserve whatever hate and vile comments that is returned to them

I have a problem with the media being so offended by something that they need to put out there exactly what was said that was so offensive. There was no reason why cbssports.com and other sites had to include a link to the offensive tweets. anyone could have searched google for the offensive comments. but they were so offended they offered us a link to go and look so we could be offended!

The media does this too often when it comes to issues like this... its sickening that the media is more about continuing the controversy instead of helping fix the problems.

I would love to post the Islanders victory song, but... ya know.... they suck.

I heard that one once, it was on the 80's rock album. :)

Time to learn this:

Verse

Listen to the cheering of the people in the stands

Twenty Thousand hockey bugs and each a Ranger fan!

It's plain as day to see

They want a victory!

All together now strike up the band!

Chorus

Just keep your stick on that puck

And don't lay down on your luck;

That's the Rangers' Victory Song!

Get through the enemy's goal

With all your heart and your soul;

You've got to fight, Rangers fight

With a grin on your chin!

Tonight is the night

So get in there and win!

This game is worth any price;

Go out and put it on ice

Dear Devils and Flyers-

Please play another 6 OT games.

Signed,

The New York Rangers and their fans.

It's good to be in the east. Figure in both of these series every team is sleeping in their own beds every night.

Rangers

Boyle Nearing Return To Rangers’ Lineup

Boyle Getting Closer To Game Action

April 29, 2012 2:34 PM

NEW YORK (WFAN) — The New York Rangers held an optional practice in Tarrytown, New York on Sunday as center Brian Boyle edged closer to returning to the Blueshirts’ lineup.

Boyle was one of 12 Rangers who participated in the optional practice and told the media that he’s “feeling better each day.”

He practiced for the third straight day and continued to make progress toward a full recovery from a concussion he suffered against the Ottawa Senators. In Game 5, Chris Neil delivered a head shot, which has forced Boyle to miss each of the Rangers’ games since the incident.

Boyle spoke to Andrew Gross of The Record. “I feel better each day but I don’t know what’s going to happen,” Boyle said.

“There have been no setbacks, it’s progressed. But it’s not consistent with each guy, there are different symptoms. I’m trying to be honest with myself.”

Rangers’ head coach John Tortorella offered “no updates” on Boyle’s status.

Brandon Dubinsky is a long way away from returning as he was seen walking on crutches around the facility.

How big of a boost will Boyle’s return be to the Rangers? Let us know…

http://newyork.cbslo...rangers-lineup/

Good to be getting Boyle back, but it's best for him not to rush because we don't want him being knocked out of action again on a hit that might not otherwise put him out. Plus, the young guys have more than picked up the slack.

Archived