The Yankees Are Good

Maxman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is some truth in that part of the statement.

One, it is wrong because the cupboard is not exactly bare.

However, the bullpen 'solution' is a horrible idea. As tough as the East is looking, you cannot afford to give games away like last week in Detroit.

On the bright side, they are ahead of last year's pace. ;)

The Sox are a bunch of entitled babies that have been on a honeymoon since their title run. I like what Valentine is doing--reminding them that they're there to win rings and not just to stand around and reap the rewards for winning in the past. And going after Youk and Pedroia is genius. Those guys are the alleged leaders of that team and the team's been fat-catting it for three years. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Youkilis to Siberia (KC, A's) just to make the point that there's a new sherriff in town.

The Sox are a bunch of entitled babies that have been on a honeymoon since their title run. I like what Valentine is doing--reminding them that they're there to win rings and not just to stand around and reap the rewards for winning in the past. And going after Youk and Pedroia is genius. Those guys are the alleged leaders of that team and the team's been fat-catting it for three years. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Youkilis to Siberia (KC, A's) just to make the point that there's a new sherriff in town.

grease_fires.JPG

I'm here. If there was something to talk about, I would. It's still hockey season as far as I'm concerned. Nice of you to think about me though, BO.

well I thanked you on my 28,000 post thread, you know you hold a place in my heart (no homo)

just not as big a place as Bren of course...hubba hubba!

I agree 110%.

When I heard Dusty say, "we do not do that here", I was thinking he is also part of the problem.

If they had leaders, last September would have never happened.

hey Carl, it's nice to see you come back. What's the occasion?

*looks at score*

oh yeah, nevermind :biggrin:

I bet you have a lot of restraining orders against you. Just a feeling that I get.

Come back? I didn't know I left since my last post two days ago. I was here all through the September collapse last season. Why wouldn't I be posting here in April? Someone has to be here to continually prove you wrong.

I bet you have a lot of restraining orders against you. Just a feeling that I get.

Come back? I didn't know I left since my last post two days ago. I was here all through the September collapse last season. Why wouldn't I be posting here in April? Someone has to be here to continually prove you wrong.

in the words of the late, great hologram 2pac

"You ain't got to lie to kick it"

Don't act like you aren't concerned about the lack of starting pitching thus far.

Totally not concerned. Garcia will be replaced by Andy. That will be more than enough to hold them over for now. Hughes becomes the # 5 starter for the time being. Not too bad.

Totally not concerned. Garcia will be replaced by Andy. That will be more than enough to hold them over for now. Hughes becomes the # 5 starter for the time being. Not too bad.

eggs actly

meanwhile Boston has an ace in Lester and that's it

Except Pettitte hasn't pitched in the majors since when? And Hughes is terrible. Nova is the only starter that has pitched well for you guys thus far. Your bullpen and lineup are good, but you can't say you're encouraged by the starting pitching thus far.

Except Pettitte hasn't pitched in the majors since when? And Hughes is terrible. Nova is the only starter that has pitched well for you guys thus far. Your bullpen and lineup are good, but you can't say you're encouraged by the starting pitching thus far.

worry about your own pitching staff ;)

meanwhile Boston has an ace in Lester and that's it

Wrong. They have a terriblr bullpen. The starters have been okay. Buchholz is working back into shape. Beckett has been good aside from Detroit. Doubront was great last night and Bard is learning. I have confidence in the rotation. Bullpen sucks.

If Bobby V is still the manager after May, I will be legit surprised. Guy is clueless.

If Bobby is gone, it is not going to cure anything.

This is a bad team.

Booby is not responsible for signing Crawford, Lackey, Dice-K or any of crap that trots in from the bullpen.

He is not responsible for the crap that fills out the roster or for players like Youk, being too old or under performing.

RSN might want to place the blame on his feet, but this team is the final plat in the de-evolution of a former champion as it crashes and burns.

Archived