S LaRon Landry and RB Joe McKnight weren't at Jets facility for start of offseason program 2day

vinnys025

"Sources told me S LaRon Landry and RB Joe McKnight weren't at Jets facility for start of offseason program 2day." -Manish Mehta

Why not? McKnight shoulda been the FIRST one there IMHO. LT is washed up, Greene only tries when he feels like it, so now is his chance. Whats the deal with this guy? Am I wrong for wanting him to try harder? Should I even care?

I always liken these threads to the kid in the class who raises his hand to ask a question before the teacher has a chance to get to it. It's the nature of the twitter-world we live in: the practice isnt even finished and we already have updates on it.

I definitely agree he should be there, but by all accounts he took himself very seriously last year so I'm sure there's a reason. We shall see though.

I always liken these threads to the kid in the class who raises his hand to ask a question before the teacher has a chance to get to it. It's the nature of the twitter-world we live in: the practice isnt even finished and we already have updates on it.

I definitely agree he should be there, but by all accounts he took himself very seriously last year so I'm sure there's a reason. We shall see though.

Well said, tough to start jumping to conclusions based on the very beginning of the first day of voluntary workouts without any information as to why. Just like I'm not going to start trashing the Jets FA signing of Landry just because he isn't there either.

"Sources told me S LaRon Landry and RB Joe McKnight weren't at Jets facility for start of offseason program 2day." -Manish Mehta

Why not? McKnight shoulda been the FIRST one there IMHO. LT is washed up, Greene only tries when he feels like it, so now is his chance. Whats the deal with this guy? Am I wrong for wanting him to try harder? Should I even care?

lol

Yeah, because he wasn't there it automatically equates to "he doesn't try hard enough".

Well said, tough to start jumping to conclusions based on the very beginning of the first day of voluntary workouts without any information as to why. Just like I'm not going to start trashing the Jets FA signing of Landry just because he isn't there either.

WHY NOT????

You're right. I f'ing hate twitter, except when Cro tweets! :-)

JIF already jumped out the window though. He's calling for a 1-15 season lol.

When its all said and done McKnight will have a much better career than Reggie Bush, which means we'll be seeing Kim Kardashian around the Jets facility soon.

That was always a big beef with Landry @ the Redskins, he never shows up for this stuff. You would think coming off an injury he would want to be in there to be looked at and rehabbing.

That was always a big beef with Landry @ the Redskins, he never shows up for this stuff. You would think coming off an injury he would want to be in there to be looked at and rehabbing.

Dude, you should really make a Jetnation food menu and find a way to deliver to people. I always appreciate you quoting because I get to look at that beautiful sig of yours. I dont even eat pork anymore but I would seriously destroy that sandwich.

My bad, I just had a Crusher moment. Let me read what you actually wrote lol.

Maybe he didnt come in yet because he's still on some type of rehab program? I never know how the offseason works for these players. Its like they develop super recovery abilities through these rehabs. These dudes can blow their knees completely out or tear their achilles to shreds and be ready to go by next season. Meanwhile, I can get a paper cut and be bitching about the pain for like 3 months. Unbelievable.

lol

Yeah, because he wasn't there it automatically equates to "he doesn't try hard enough".

Of course I'm taking in to account his history of not taking his carear seriously. Did you forget the puking incident and him being in Rex's doghouse? My concerns are valid.

Everybody was bitchin about McKnight then he turned out to be one of the premier KR last season. This season he will give us a RB who can get outside. Go McKnight!

I wasn't. I loved the pick. He was awesome at one point, and I think he can really be great in the NFL too. And not just as a return man.

Of course I'm taking in to account his history of not taking his carear seriously. Did you forget the puking incident and him being in Rex's doghouse? My concerns are valid.

Yesterday when I first responded to this stupid thread, I sarcastically typed out "maybe he missed his flight". Then I deleted it. Figuring what's the point... well, as it turns out... he missed his flight.

I guess I'll respond to this when we get an actual reason.

I sincerely hope this isn't about McKnight thinking he is due a new contract cause he was recognized for running back kicks.

If Joe Mcknight takes that stance there are plenty of RB;s on the FA market that would actully contibute to the offense without playing like a pussy

Yesterday when I first responded to this stupid thread, I sarcastically typed out "maybe he missed his flight". Then I deleted it. Figuring what's the point... well, as it turns out... he missed his flight.

Must have been some serious family emergency......right?

From ROTOWORLD:

Joe McKnight - RB - Jets

Updating a previous item, Joe McKnight missed the start of the Jets' offseason program due to flight delays.

He'll be at the team facility on Tuesday. It's a relief because McKnight has never been known for his offseason work ethic. He does plan to participate in the Jets' spring conditioning program entering a big third NFL season.

I guess I'll respond to this when we get an actual reason.

The reason has already been published. See above. Translation: It's no big ******* deal.

Must have been some serious family emergency......right?

It's laughable how much you want for this to be mellowdramatic. When was the last time you flew, you know airlines are ginormous sh*t show no?

The reason has already been published. See above. Translation: It's no big ******* deal.

It's laughable how much you want for this to be mellowdramatic. When was the last time you flew, you know airlines are ginormous sh*t show no?

I don't, I was hoping for the best actually. Thanks for that news article, I stand corrected. Good for him.

settle down big boy The reason is fine .

besides the reason Joe McKnight has nothing IMO to look forward too other than returning kicks and to be quite honest anyone with speed and burst can return kicks in Westhoffs system ...why do i say that ? because everyone who has returned kicks in Westhoffs system has been successful.

When I actully see Joe Mcknigh break ONE tackle I might start to get a little excited but I'll snap out of it pretty quick

Archived