Resolved: Tony Stark is way cooler and smarter than Bruce Wayne

Klecko73isGod

Batman wins.

Not because he bangs more cartoon hotties, but because he's the ONLY super hero to have that many tv shows and movies made about him. While Marvel clearly has the best stable of characters, it is DC that struck pop cultural gold with Batman.

Think about it... when you discuss Marvel characters there are so many favorites, Wolverine, Spidey, Punisher, Hulk, etc... DC has what? Batman. And that mother****er is in everyone top 3 of favorite characters all time... its just a bizarre anomaly the way the general population loves the Batman.

You may have forgotten one.

Superman. I considered his relevancy, however, as a comic he stopped being top shelf popular 2 decades ago... and without Christopher Reeves, the attempt to reinvigorate the movie franchise fell on its face. Unlike Batman which has been reinvented in the movie to great success multiple times.

So, all that being the case, Superman is about as relevant as Daredevil. Meh.

Superman. I considered his relevancy, however, as a comic he stopped being top shelf popular 2 decades ago... and without Christopher Reeves, the attempt to reinvigorate the movie franchise fell on its face. Unlike Batman which has been reinvented in the movie to great success multiple times.

So, all that being the case, Superman is about as relevant as Daredevil. Meh.

With movies, of course. The Superman character does not lend itself well to movies in the same way that Batman does. There's not the same depth in the character design.

But I still don't think you can leave out the most iconic figure there is. The emblem is something that's completely transcended the character in a way the bat symbol has not. Batman is a great character. In many ways, Superman is an ideal.

Man-of-steel-logo-600x222.jpg

Christopher Nolan, who's directed the latest Batman movies is producing this which will release in summer 2013.

With Nolan involved, you're definitely going to get more of a character driven story which should be pretty interesting.

With movies, of course. The Superman character does not lend itself well to movies in the same way that Batman does. There's not the same depth in the character design.

But I still don't think you can leave out the most iconic figure there is. The emblem is something that's completely transcended the character in a way the bat symbol has not. Batman is a great character. In many ways, Superman is an ideal.

Good points. Its hard to argue Superman lacking relevancy, He was the first superhero to capture the attention of all, like you said, an ideal. So... I digress, DC has 2 relevant characters. lol

Man-of-steel-logo-600x222.jpg

Christopher Nolan, who's directed the latest Batman movies is producing this which will release in summer 2013.

With Nolan involved, you're definitely going to get more of a character driven story which should be pretty interesting.

I didn't even know about this. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Rotfl @ Klecko being wooed by Downey Jr.

Iron Man was and is a bore beyond the first half of the first movie. If you've ever read the comics he spends half his time just trying to not die without his stupid reactor heart.

Any and everyone knows that there's many Batsuits btw. Throw in waaaaay more badass villains and Batman runs away with this.

To the broader debate this turned into, I think it's pretty clear that Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC and it's not even freakin' close. I'm sorry, but Superman is like the laziest comic book character of all time. They just took a guy, gave him just about every super power in the book and then of course had to throw in one weakness to make sure people gave a crap at all, and that was the end of it. When you get to the point that you have to kill off a character just to attempt to get people to care, that's not really a great sign.

I agree that Batman is bad a$$, but that alone doesn't do the trick. The rest of their "big name" characters are lame as hell.

Back to the original question, Batman wins because he has Robin. If he were a straight man, with a fine young piece of a$$ at his beck and call doing whatever he asks of her, wearing a superhero costume, it wouldn't even be a question. Unless you're someone that doesn't think gay people can be cool.

Batman would win again. Bruce Wayne is the man. By far the baddest Superhero of all time. Its not really even close.

There might be more powerful superhero's, but if we're talking about their true identity...Bruce Wayne. All day, every day.

Tony Stark is cool. Logan is a bad a$$. Dont get me wrong. But Bruce Wayne they are not.

I'll say this: RDJ as Ironman may trump Christian Bale as Batman, simply because I enjoy him more. But Batman beats Ironman every erryday.

However, if I'm picking the best superhero, I've gotta go with Wolverine over Batman and everybody thereafter. The wolverine that the comics intended when he was first created, not the supped-up god they've made him in the movies and later comics. His healing abilities, which weren't as powerful as they are now displayed, did not suppress the pain he endured from the injury, making him all the more badass. I remember being young and reading about how he'd feel the remnants of injuries or how he'd have to build himself up for situations where extreme pain was inevitable, yet he did them anyways. That's badass.

Yeah, that Green Lantern movie was really ******* awful, wasn't it.

Which was a damn shame because Green Lantern is ******* awesome. And it's not so much a DC vs Marvel thing, it's really just a Stan Lee vs Everyone Else thing.

Also Watchmen are DC. It's kind of hard to knock DC when they produced the two books that completely changed comics forever. No Watchmen and TDKR means no movies like you see today.

Superman's still pretty relevant too. The character still cleans up on the shelves and wins plenty of awards. Red Son is probably the best comic published in the past 15 years or so. Another one they did called Earth One was pretty big. And Smallville had quite a nice run. In reality there's just no more interest in seeing Richard Donner's Superman, (as Bryan Singer unfortunately found out). Not Superman as a whole.

Archived