Jets @ Jaguars 2012 road trip

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max, if you could pin this that would be swell.

Ok guys, we normally do an away game tailgate in Miami, but with the Miami game in hot as hell September, Jax in December being a nice winter escape from NYC, and local Jax boy Tim Tebow now wearing Jet green, TGJ is going to be doing the Jax game as our feature away game tailgate party this season.

I am already in contact with a Jags rep about securing a block of tix. I am looking at one of the lower level sideline club sections behind the Jets, as well as a block in the 400 level on the Jets side to offer 2 price points. They should have availability for me on 5/1 when tix go on sale.

I also am now looking for parking or a lot to rent, I think Jif had some info on that??

What are people's thoughts on the Jags game? Chime in here please.

Maybe you could edit post one with a tentative roster?

This way, I know how much mace to bring.

Ok, so I just got off the phone with the ticket office in Jax. Looks like this is gonna be a little more full than the average Jax game with Tebow and all. Not really much in the lower bowl available, especially in a block of 20 stacked together. The guy is trying to release some club seats in sec 134 that is basically on the 30 on the jets side, around 10-20 rows up in the lower bowl. The face is $170, I may have to tack on 5-10 for fees etc but that isn't definite. I will also more likely than not have a pair of field passes that I will raffle off to everyone in the group who buys the tix/tailgate.

I also sent in payment for 2 RV spots near the stadium, which gives us actual parking footprint of 40ftx40ft plus all the spillover room in the lot. This should make things very comfortable, as they have bathrooms in the lot. They also have regular car parking so once I am settled with my spots I will post info so any of you who have a car and want to park next to us can do that.

The tailgate party will be in the $50-60 range. $50 was the road trip price last year. This goes towards me driving my truck and 16ft trailer loaded with all the TGJ gear from NY to Fl. I get about 6 miles to the gallon, lol, so this is not cheap, but I get to put on just as good as party as I do at home with food just as good.

I am not gonna do the hotel, I am not looking to rape anyone here as I am just doing this for fun and people can easily find a good deal on their own for hotel/airfare.

Any thoughts?

Seems like a hefty price BUT WORTH IT.

Yeah, that's why I put the face value out there and I'm not really marking them up. These are gonna be great seats, I doubt there are gonna be club seats like this at face, and the stubhub fees are like $25. You are also getting the advantage of sitting with 20-30 other jets fans. As someone who does 3-6 away games, being in a large group of fellow fans adds a LOT to the experience.

Seems like a hefty price BUT WORTH IT.

Yeah, that's why I put the face value out there and I'm not really marking them up. These are gonna be great seats, I doubt there are gonna be club seats like this at face, and the stubhub fees are like $25. You are also getting the advantage of sitting with 20-30 other jets fans. As someone who does 3-6 away games, being in a large group of fellow fans adds a LOT to the experience.

Ok, so I just got off the phone with the ticket office in Jax. Looks like this is gonna be a little more full than the average Jax game with Tebow and all. Not really much in the lower bowl available, especially in a block of 20 stacked together. The guy is trying to release some club seats in sec 134 that is basically on the 30 on the jets side, around 10-20 rows up in the lower bowl. The face is $170, I may have to tack on 5-10 for fees etc but that isn't definite. I will also more likely than not have a pair of field passes that I will raffle off to everyone in the group who buys the tix/tailgate.

I also sent in payment for 2 RV spots near the stadium, which gives us actual parking footprint of 40ftx40ft plus all the spillover room in the lot. This should make things very comfortable, as they have bathrooms in the lot. They also have regular car parking so once I am settled with my spots I will post info so any of you who have a car and want to park next to us can do that.

The tailgate party will be in the $50-60 range. $50 was the road trip price last year. This goes towards me driving my truck and 16ft trailer loaded with all the TGJ gear from NY to Fl. I get about 6 miles to the gallon, lol, so this is not cheap, but I get to put on just as good as party as I do at home with food just as good.

I am not gonna do the hotel, I am not looking to rape anyone here as I am just doing this for fun and people can easily find a good deal on their own for hotel/airfare.

Any thoughts?

when do you need commitments by? And how much extra should i slip you for you to make sure Klacko is on the other end of the seat allotment from me?

It does suck being all along on the road. Have had that misfortune several times...not fun.

If both of you homos stay home, I might go.

If I stay home who's gonna run to the cooler and get you ice cold fantas? and I'm trying to get Savage to go, so dont get scared! :)

If I stay home who's gonna run to the cooler and get you ice cold fantas? and I'm trying to get Savage to go, so dont get scared! :)

I never met Savage, that would be cool. And despite the rumors I am not a huge orange soda fan.

holy sh*t.. I'm going to have to bring my bear spray... ******* BP is going

Are they gonna truck the couch with your fat a$$ on it all the way down to Jax? at least you will get some fresh air! :lol:

Been trolling for a while- My first post! Definately going to this game...I'd rather buy tickets with you all than buy them on my own. Count me in for 4 tickets...PS=I'm a girl, but an old one..So sorry.

LOL - that is a great first post. Thank you for singing up!

Any thoughts?

Well I'm planning on visiting my bestfriend around the time of this guy anyway ... so telly I won't have to worry about but how do we go about getting these tickets ?

Well I'm planning on visiting my bestfriend around the time of this guy anyway ... so telly I won't have to worry about but how do we go about getting these tickets ?

bet you a beer on the hockey series. Tubby is done!!!!

So what does the hockey series have to do with this thread... This response baffles me . -_-

It was your devils jersey in your avatar and the hockey game that starts in a couple of hours. But a simple," nah, your rangers are going to pitch 4 shut outs against my devils" would have sufficed : P

LETS go RANgers!!!

It was your devils jersey in your avatar and the hockey game that starts in a couple of hours. But a simple," nah, your rangers are going to pitch 4 shut outs against my devils" would have sufficed : P

LETS go RANgers!!!

NEVER ! .... I'm just saying there's a NHL Thread.

We'll see about tonight sir!

LET'S GO DEVILS !

I may have to show my face at a football game this year. The tailgating is pretty awesome. When has it ever been okay to get sh*tfaced 9am in the morning besides tailgating? lol.

Yeah man, you haven't made an appearance in a while.

I may have to show my face at a football game this year. The tailgating is pretty awesome. When has it ever been okay to get sh*tfaced 9am in the morning besides tailgating? lol.

I'll have to up it to six cases of mace if you show up in Jacksonville.

Yeah man, you haven't made an appearance in a while.

I know man. I've been super anal about taking care of certain things. The wife had to practically beg me to take a vacation late this year. I had to say okay, what properly domesticated husband could say no to his wife right? lol.

I think I'm going to have to make an appearance or two this season. Given that we finally got our moving date this will be my last year in NY so I may not have any other chance to get up with you guys. I've always heard of tailgating but never experienced it until you guys. Whoever thought of this was obviously a genius.

I'll have to up it to six cases of mace if you show up in Jacksonville.

Thats hilarious! Na bro, keep the mace at walmart, I wont be in Jacksonville. But given that warm invite I'll most likely see you during our home games just to know what pepper spray and Coors Light feels like on a cold crisp sunday morning!

I'm new to this...in the past used stubhub...a buddy and I seriously considering the Jacksonville game this year.

How does the logistics work?

We send the cash to joebaby and he sends the tickets or do we pick up tix at tailgate?

When do you need the cash to confirm?

Thanks in advance.

I'm new to this...in the past used stubhub...a buddy and I seriously considering the Jacksonville game this year.

How does the logistics work?

We send the cash to joebaby and he sends the tickets or do we pick up tix at tailgate?

When do you need the cash to confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Once I have everything secured I will put up the official info along with the paypal info on my site (and links here on jn). It is much easier for my logistically to do the ticket distribution on site at the tailgate party, this way we don't have to deal with fedexing tix to everyone and I can make up a seating matrix to get everyone in each little group together within the block. I have been around and doing all this for a few years now so I would assume everyone would be comfortable with that. If for some reason someone will need their tix beforehand I can work that out though.

Once I have everything secured I will put up the official info along with the paypal info on my site (and links here on jn). It is much easier for my logistically to do the ticket distribution on site at the tailgate party, this way we don't have to deal with fedexing tix to everyone and I can make up a seating matrix to get everyone in each little group together within the block. I have been around and doing all this for a few years now so I would assume everyone would be comfortable with that. If for some reason someone will need their tix beforehand I can work that out though.

No problem Joe...I've been on JN to realize your legit...I'm new to this and just wanted to ask the question so I can explain it. Thanks.

Archived