I see Santonio hasn't changed a bit since Miami....

vinnys025

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically he has no regret. Tebow is a winner and will step in. He did nothing wrong. He spoke about himself in the third person, AGAIN. Then when asked if he reached out to the O Line, he asked why should he.

Great, hopefully they can trade him on draft day. You can't have a mental case in the locker room and not have problems. Draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd and trade Holmes for a 4th and be done with him.

Great, hopefully they can trade him on draft day. You can't have a mental case in the locker room and not have problems. Draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd and trade Holmes for a 4th and be done with him.

there is not a team in the league stupid enough to take this pile of sh*t off our hands

I wonder if we can get back our lost 4th for him? Draft Hill or Sanu in the 2nd/3rd.

The worst thing about him is he gives up. Watching him run those lazy a$$ routes last year, and drop the ball every time he gets a first down, really got on my nerves. He's great when "He" wants to be.

there is not a team in the league stupid enough to take this pile of sh*t off our hands

The only possibility would be the Skins. They lost out on FA WR's and need targets for their new QB -- and big contracts have never been a deterrent to Snyder in the past. One can only hope...

I agree, but they can't

The cap hit they would take would be devastating. They should have taken the hit when his bonus was due and sent a message to the team in general.

They are stuck with his mouth, attitude and overblown cap hit for at least the next two years.

I don't hate Tannenbaum, but this was a major blunder. The best thing we can hope for is for him to get busted for pot and suspended for a year before camp starts

for all his BS

the team is far better with him, than without him

he's not easily replaceable.

and the second they cut him, he goes to New England and makes clutch grabs for Tommy.

What does Holmes bring to the table that isn't replaceable?

As far as the Patriots, you just made that up.

for all his BS

the team is far better with him, than without him

he's not easily replaceable.

and the second they cut him, he goes to New England and makes clutch grabs for Tommy.

Draft Michael Floyd, trade Santonio for a third rounder, sign Braylon the day after the draft. Receiving corps - UPGRADED.

Draft Michael Floyd, trade Santonio for a third rounder,

yeah let's take the college student with 3 DUI's in 2 years to replace Santonio. Notre Dame hasn't had a decent WR in the pros since Rocket Ismael... there's no way that could possibly backfire.

in general i'm sick and tired of the fans demanding great talent and also great character. Get over it. the Mangini era is over. these guys don't have to date your daughter or take your son on an Eagle Scout trip. these guys aren't built for character. they are built to survive in the NFL. which is kinda like surviving in federal Prison.

I don't blame Santonio for his actions like I don't blame the scorpion for stinging the frog. It's his nature. We should be blaming Sanchez for not feeding him enough. Cause a real QB would find his best target. not throw to Keller in triple coverage.

What does Holmes bring to the table that isn't replaceable?

talent? how about raw talent? it's not _easily_ replaceable. this thread seems to think the team would be better without him, that's the opposite of the truth.

here's a question how many games were won in 2010 on clutch Santonio plays? 3 or 4? he's great he just needs to be fed. any WR is only as good as his QB.

talent? how about raw talent? it's not _easily_ replaceable. this thread seems to think the team would be better without him, that's the opposite of the truth.

here's a question how many games were won in 2010 on clutch Santonio plays? 3 or 4? he's great he just needs to be fed. any WR is only as good as his QB.

Unfortunately QFT.

Right and Holmes played with a great QB in Pittsburgh and was never considered great.

I never said they'd be better without him, but his skillset isn't rare by any stretch. He runs really good routes...but he's undersized for a #1 and doesn't get behind safeties consistently on deep routes. And obviously, he's a bit of a jerk.

yeah let's take the college student with 3 DUI's in 2 years to replace Santonio. Notre Dame hasn't had a decent WR in the pros since Rocket Ismael... there's no way that could possibly backfire.

in general i'm sick and tired of the fans demanding great talent and also great character. Get over it. the Mangini era is over. these guys don't have to date your daughter or take your son on an Eagle Scout trip. these guys aren't built for character. they are built to survive in the NFL. which is kinda like surviving in federal Prison.

I don't blame Santonio for his actions like I don't blame the scorpion for stinging the frog. It's his nature. We should be blaming Sanchez for not feeding him enough. Cause a real QB would find his best target. not throw to Keller in triple coverage.

How many great QBs did Tennessee produce before Peyton Manning? That's a stupid argument and you of all people know it.

Do your homework scout man. Floyd only has one DUi, it was two and a half years ago and he's kept his nose clean ever since. This kid does not have character issues. He brings it on the field and was spectacular at the combine and in his pro day. I'm sick of "experts" trying to downplay this kid like he's Vontaze Burfict when I've yet to hear a legitimate kinock on his actual ability.

The rest of your rant is pointless in light of the fact that you think Floyd has character issues I suggested replacing Holmes with Braylon Edwards - hardly a choirboy himself.

The problem with Holmes is that he is not a team player, he's a locker room cancer and pretty much an obnoxious douche.

The problem with Holmes is that he is not a team player, he's a locker room cancer and pretty much an obnoxious douche.

He wasn't all these things in 2010 when the team played well. Throw him the ball, and the Jets win games. Obviously we couldn't get him the ball last year for a number of reasons.

Do your homework scout man. He brings it on the field

in the final game of the season, the bowl game, Michael Floyd was punched in the gut. He benched himself. Not tough enough. and once the word gets out among NFL CBs that this guy will shut it down when challenged, he's going to be getting brutalized every week.

in the final game of the season, the bowl game, Michael Floyd was punched in the gut. He benched himself. Not tough enough. and once the word gets out among NFL CBs that this guy will shut it down when challenged, he's going to be getting brutalized every week.

:hand:

Dude made ridiculous catches in traffic all year, had no fear, went over the middle.

There's a difference between wanting choir boys and not wanting to deal with a complete piece of crap who's personal problems spill out onto the field and ultimately have a negative affect on the team's performance. The guy is a locker room cancer who doesn't even bother to play when he doesn't feel like it. When he's like that, it's not just that he's not playing like a starting caliber WR, he's not even playing like any NFL caliber WR. The guy was benched in his last game for Patrick freakin' Turner who proceeded to outperform him in one play.

And your last point there is just a joke and seriously embodies what is wrong with society these days. There is only one person to blame for the fact that Santonio Holmes is a piece of sh*t of a human being, and that is Santonio Holmes.

No one is taking on that idiotic contract we gave him.

I can't see how any rational Jets fan can sit through that interview without cringing.

they aren't paying him to give great interviews

ya know who gave great interviews? Chad Pennigton. Absolute garbage as an athlete but a heck of a nice guy. I'd like to have lunch with him, maybe some dumplings at a Cracker Barrell.

Who friggin cares?

Archived