I see Santonio hasn't changed a bit since Miami....

vinnys025

Agreed and Holmes doesn't come close to falling into "just that much better" category. Which is exactly why when one becomes as big of a problem as Holmes, there's little to no reason to put up with it other than cap implications once you've already made the stupid mistake.

Sure, but that doesn't make him a bad player. The idea they should have kept Edwards (who probably wanted to get paid) over him is pretty laughable too, especially with the injury out there.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, but that doesn't make him a bad player. The idea they should have kept Edwards (who probably wanted to get paid) over him is pretty laughable too, especially with the injury out there.

I hear you, I favored Edwards over Holmes at the time, but that has long past, the Jets need to work towards moving in a different direction from both. Unfortunately it seems like the Jets may have unknowingly be in a "damned if you do" scenario between those two.

I hear you, I favored Edwards over Holmes at the time, but that has long past, the Jets need to work towards moving in a different direction from both. Unfortunately it seems like the Jets may have unknowingly be in a "damned if you do" scenario between those two.

Their biggest problem in the WR group is that there's only 1 NFL caliber WR on the roster that wasn't a rookie last year.

Really? Braylon didnt get big money at all. Nothing NEAR what Holmes got. He got a one year deal worth 3.5 million

braylons market was destroyed after the Jets passed on him. He wasn't gonna sign with the Jets for 1 year 3.5 Mil. it was the Jets rejection that lowered his price.

braylons market was destroyed after the Jets passed on him. He wasn't gonna sign with the Jets for 1 year 3.5 Mil. it was the Jets rejection that lowered his price.

Idk about that dude. Pretty sure a 1 year 5 million dollar deal would have done it.

well similar faith in Schiliens staying healthy than Braylon. Alot of Raiders fans loved that dude and hated when DHB took all his reps.

I know where you're coming from and I kinda sorta agree but fact is that in 4 years he's caught 72 balls and missed a good 20 games.

Lots of talent though with the size and the speed and the length and the hops and the glyven.

Idk about that dude. Pretty sure a 1 year 5 million dollar deal would have done it.

Pay MORE for an injured player who couldn't even stay out of trouble with all eyes on him?

Hmmmmmmm.......Hmmmmmmmmmm....Yeah, I really hate how romanticized Edwards has become.

Pay MORE for an injured player who couldn't even stay out of trouble with all eyes on him?

Hmmmmmmm.......Hmmmmmmmmmm....Yeah, I really hate how romanticized Edwards has become.

At this point you would be done with the Edwards deal. You are hypothetically assuming he would have injured himself here too.

At this point you would be done with the Edwards deal. You are hypothetically assuming he would have injured himself here too.

No he's actually injured. You're hypothetically assuming he wouldn't be injured here. You don't think that knee of his plays slightly into why he's been more FA than player since 2010?

No he's actually injured. You're hypothetically assuming he wouldn't be injured here. You don't think that knee of his plays slightly into why he's been more FA than player since 2010?

If we signed Bitoni to a 1 year 5 million dollar deal and let Holmes walk we would be ahead of the game. Addition by subtraction.

Archived