What players do you think the Jets will shop on draft day?

AFJF

dear god this team would suck without Revis

Unfortunately, he knows it. So he presses for top dollar. His tactics are unsavory but who can blame an athlete with such a short lifespan from using his leverage to max advantage. Revis really is extraordinarily good at what he does.

It would be nice to just go grab Richardson with an early pick we could get for Revis. He's good, but not good enough to score us out of the hole that the Cromartie/Wilson D-back tandem would create.

Disagree with this one just a bit. The league is littered with horrible QB's on their rosters. Because of a lack of decent QB play, I wouldn't be shocked if a GM rolled the dice giving up a 5-7th rounder on a QB who was a 7th rounder and showed just a little bit in pre-season. Granted, it's only pre-season, but we're talking about the QB position and some teams would be willing to use a late pick to get a #3 that they could develop. Again, they may not, but I think we'll find out come draft day because I'd think the Jets will be actively shopping McElroy.

I certainly hope you're right and I'd be thrilled if they pulled it off, but I just doubt it. Then again, they managed to get a draft pick for Drew freakin' Stanton, who was a FA just days earlier, so I guess you never know.

Highly unlikely, IMHO. It would take a team that was in love with McElroy in the way that the Jets were inexplicably in love with O'Connell. Otherwise, teams will take their own chances in the draft.

Jets will probably spend one of their 6th or 7th rounders on a QB, too. I'm sure McElroy talking publicly about the locker room doesn't sit well with management, but other teams see that and don't want it, either. Nobody likes a tattle-tale.

Yeah, I tend to think the same. Although even in the case of the Jets with O'Connell, they traded a conditional 7th for a guy who was a 4th rounder 2 years earlier, so it's a little more understandable. Beyond that, the only reason he stuck around as long as he did was just a strange combination of circumstances. The first time they cut him, he found out right after he had a torn rotator and the team didn't want to have any issues with the NFLPA, so they re-signed him and threw him on IR. Then last year they let him walk but when McElroy's injury tossed him on IR and O'Connell was cut by whatever team had signed him for camp, they brought him back as their #3 if for no other reason than he was the one guy out there who already knew the entire Jets offense.

Unless a team is REALLY unhappy with this QB class, I think they'd just as soon spend that same pick on a guy out of this draft who didn't just spend an entire year on IR after being a 7th rounder last year. When you combine that with his complete lack of arm and the issues that came up with him running his mouth a few months back, I'm not sure people will be jumping at the opportunity to grab him over their own hand-picked choice from this draft.

Archived