Trent Richardson #1 on NYJ's Board - Sal Paolantonio

JetsFan220

So let's say the Jets do trade up for Richardson, which at a minimum is going to be 3-4 picks on top of our 1st and maybe another player or two, and let's lowball it and say the Jets use 3 picks extra to jump from 16 to 3 or 4.

That would mean:

Richardson: 4 picks (assuming 1st, 2nd or 3rd, and at least 2 future picks)

Greene: 3 picks (3rd, 4th, and 7th)

Connor: 2 picks (5th, 7th, and Leon)

McKnight: 2 picks (4th and 6th)

Powell: 1 pick

So, basically, we'll have used 12 picks on 5 backs in 4 drafts. Only 3 of those being late rounders.

So let's say the Jets do trade up for Richardson, which at a minimum is going to be 3-4 picks on top of our 1st and maybe another player or two, and let's lowball it and say the Jets use 3 picks extra to jump from 16 to 3 or 4.

That would mean:

Richardson: 4 picks (assuming 1st, 2nd or 3rd, and at least 2 future picks)

Greene: 3 picks (3rd, 4th, and 7th)

Connor: 2 picks (5th, 7th, and Leon)

McKnight: 2 picks (4th and 6th)

Powell: 1 pick

So, basically, we'll have used 12 picks on 5 backs in 4 drafts. Only 3 of those being late rounders.

I don't think #3 will be as costly as #2 was to the Redskins, however, I do get your overall point and I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I don't think #3 will be as costly as #2 was to the Redskins, however, I do get your overall point and I just threw up in my mouth a little.

On the chart right now it's something like 1,2,3 this year and 1,3 next year. I don't think there's a chance that happens but I wouldn't rule out 1,2 this year and something like 2,3 next year,

Report: Jets unlikely to trade up to get Trent Richardson

Posted by Josh Alper on April 25, 2012, 4:54 PM EDT

trentrichardsonallstatebcsnationalchampionshipsbwrkhqk4ydl.jpg?w=250 Getty Images

Alabama running back Trent Richardson might be the top player on the Jets’ draft board, but it is unlikely that the team will trade up to get him on Thursday night.

The Jets are currently picking 16th in the first round and they would need to move up to the third pick in order to guarantee themselves Richardson. Manish Mehta of the Daily News quotes a team official as saying that the price tag for that deal is “ridiculous.” Per Mehta, unless Richardson slips further than expected, the Jets won’t give up the necessary picks to acquire him.

Of course, it’s never safe to assume much when it comes to the Jets. General Manager Mike Tannenbaum has been aggressive on draft day in the past and the Jets have 10 picks, including compensatory selections that can’t be dealt, this year. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Jets jump up the board, but a move high enough to get Richardson could be a bridge too far.

The team has plenty of holes that need to be plugged, however, and that won’t happen if they mortgage the bulk of their early picks for one player.

Report: Jets unlikely to trade up to get Trent Richardson

Posted by Josh Alper on April 25, 2012, 4:54 PM EDT

trentrichardsonallstatebcsnationalchampionshipsbwrkhqk4ydl.jpg?w=250 Getty Images

Alabama running back Trent Richardson might be the top player on the Jets’ draft board, but it is unlikely that the team will trade up to get him on Thursday night.

The Jets are currently picking 16th in the first round and they would need to move up to the third pick in order to guarantee themselves Richardson. Manish Mehta of the Daily News quotes a team official as saying that the price tag for that deal is “ridiculous.” Per Mehta, unless Richardson slips further than expected, the Jets won’t give up the necessary picks to acquire him.

Of course, it’s never safe to assume much when it comes to the Jets. General Manager Mike Tannenbaum has been aggressive on draft day in the past and the Jets have 10 picks, including compensatory selections that can’t be dealt, this year. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Jets jump up the board, but a move high enough to get Richardson could be a bridge too far.

The team has plenty of holes that need to be plugged, however, and that won’t happen if they mortgage the bulk of their early picks for one player.

Start naming source Mehta. You are turning into Incarcerated Bob.

FML - please dont trade up for the most insignificant position in Football. Pretty ******* please.

Its not insignificant when you dont have a stable of backs like some teams do so please stop saying this. To say RB's are not important to an individual team is stupid.

Beyond Shonn Greene, who always seems to be nic'd up, we have ZERO at the position and we are supposed to be a ground and pound football team. That along with 2 JAG's on the oline and the words ground and pound become very insignificant

O-line or no o-line, Greene sucks!

I dont think Greene sucks hes just not a 3 down back and he is constantly hurting his ribs which has to effect his running ability and stamina. But if we had Richardson and Greene so as not to burn out a single back our attack could be devistating IMO since both guys run hard and Rich could be that one missing link our offense so badly needs. I would love to see the Jets draft a threat at WR as well but Im not sure both are possible.

I dont think Greene sucks hes just not a 3 down back and he is constantly hurting his ribs which has to effect his running ability and stamina. But if we had Richardson and Greene so as not to burn out a single back our attack could be devistating IMO since both guys run hard and Rich could be that one missing link our offense so badly needs. I would love to see the Jets draft a threat at WR as well but Im not sure both are possible.

Not me. I want a running back that can pound the rock and catch swing passes. WR are horrible.

<a href=

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=783196-jets-unlikely-to-land-trent-richardson" style="color: rgb(17, 85, 170); text-decoration: none; " target="_blank">Jets | Unlikely to land Trent Richardson

Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:21:12 -0700

A

New York Jets senior official said the team has no chance of trading up in the NFL Draft to select Alabama RB Trent Richardson unless they receive a sweetheart deal.

Unless we can convince the Browns to once again take our yard trash to swap up to their pick, we're not getting T-Rich. Don't be silly and set yourself up for a groan when Cleveland just drafts him. We have NO shot at that.

On the other hand, I disagree with whoever says RB is insignificant. I'd trade our entire draft this year for a 21-year old Earl Campbell or even AP. There are lots of RBs who are a product of their team, and then are a handful of guys who transcend that and are great no matter where they are. However, even if T-Rich is one of those guys, there isn't another one this year.

So...if we go OL (DeCastro?) perhaps we could see Shonn Greene turn into a dependable 1,400 yard back. He showed the ability back in 2009 when our OLine was at its best. I am starting to think that might be the most bang for the buck we can get in this draft with round 1 if there isn't a sure-thing pass rusher available. Consider the downstream effect of a better OLine. More yards per play, more first downs, more points.

If DeCastro (as compared to Hunter) means 20 yards more rushing and 40 yards more passing each game, with another 2-3 first downs, all translating to an average of 3 more points per game, is that such a bad thing?

Archived