Draft is OPEN!!!!!!!

pointman

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**** my life, Ingram is on the board and we pick this lazy ****???

He even looks lazy and unexcited during the announcement. I would have preferred Ingram. Let's hope Rex can light a fire under his dead a$$ and that his Senior Bowl performance becomes the norm and not the exception.

I'll be honest, considering the fact that the Jets had their choice of literally any of the top rushers in the draft (thanks Seattle), I have to give the benefit of the doubt to Rex on this one. The guy seriously knows his sh*t in this department and unless Tanny is completely f'n retarded, with the options they had in front of them, they must have gone with Rex's favorite.

I'll be honest, considering the fact that the Jets had their choice of literally any of the top rushers in the draft (thanks Seattle), I have to give the benefit of the doubt to Rex on this one. The guy seriously knows his sh*t in this department and unless Tanny is completely f'n retarded, with the options they had in front of them, they must have gone with Rex's favorite.

This. I trust Rex. Apparently he worked him out at outside linebacker.

He's not going to do sh*t unless it's going to benifit him, he's a lazy ****.

In all fairness, the exact same things were said about Peppers and Mario Williams. A lot of these big guys have a tendency to take plays off at the college level. i think you're gonna be surprised here.

l may be biased as a fellow gargantuan, but Idefinitely prefer Coples to Ingram.... and while I realize that the Jets could use the depth, this is shaping up to be the type of draft where it makes sense to move up into the early 2nd to snag another guy that's likely high on their board.

Weaknesses:

• Not an elite edge pass rusher who can bend and run the arc

• Tendency to play tall and doesn't always use proper leverage

• Must use hands better to take on / disengage from blockers

• Lacks a varied repertoire of pass rush moves and counters

• Inconsistent and motor tends to run hot and cold at times

• Battled case of "Senior-itis" and played not to get hurt in '11

This is just one of the many write ups on this guy. This has gholston 2.0 written all over it. I hope I'm wrong. I really do, but just like the gholston pick I'm calling this guy a bust. the only good thing is we didn't have to trade up to get him.

Ugh.

Mayock:

He's a boom-or-bust candidate. He had a big year as a junior at defensive tackle and got on everyone's radar. But to me, Coples is not a first-round pick off his senior year of tape, when he was playing defensive end. I recognize his talent, though. He had a great Senior Bowl week and I think Pete Carroll can get the most out of him.

In all fairness, the exact same things were said about Peppers and Mario Williams. A lot of these big guys have a tendency to take plays off at the college level. i think you're gonna be surprised here.

This is the bright side. Coples is the biggest boom/bust player. Could end up all pro if he wants

Rex spent a lot of time with Coples. Rex's stamp of approval is good enough for me.

Also, lol @ the lazy knock. Who DOESNT get that knock besides white guys in the front 7?

Looked good at the senior bowl...put up 7-8 sacks while sucking as a senior...BUT oh noes his body language wasn't excited enough !

Archived