Coples Pro Day Video - Every Uninformed Jet Fan Need to See it

Darth Vader

See Rex is the crow spying him from the branch.

See what Rex saw, and it will make you feel better. Rex will line Coples up all over the field, inside, outside, hand in the dirt, standing up in different shadings etc.

But primarily he will be a 34 OLB. Here's why:

Look, I hope this is a good pick. But when I hear Mayock say he often didn't play hard at UNC it gives me pause that the argument to pick the guy consists on him running around cones and crap really fast. That's how Robertson, Gholston, Mamula et al hoodwinked teams into drafting them. I am heartened to hear he took some criticism to heart and worked hard at the Senior Bowl. I admit-I have no idea, and hope the jets got a player. But this video doesn't mean a damn thing.

Don't get it.. If we were going by workout videos Ingram wins... I like the pick, but don't see why the video would change a haters mind... Much more interested in game footage and tangible #'s

I think Devon Still would make a better DE, if that was the route we decided to go. Two months ago if you told me we got Quentin Coples I would have sh*t my pants (out of excitement)... But since then, I've watched his tape. I'm not excited about this pick.

See Rex is the crow spying him from the branch.

See what Rex saw, and it will make you feel better. Rex will line Coples up all over the field, inside, outside, hand in the dirt, standing up in different shadings etc.

But primarily he will be a 34 OLB. Here's why:

I wasnt impressed honestly. I dont like the pick, but I do trust our coach. thats as far as this kid goes with me. I'll be open to it though, I didnt like Wilkerson last year either, he didnt impress me in video that I seen but he had a pretty good rookie year.

Look Im not a pro scout or anything but here are some thoughts on this guys video:

1. i heard rex say on the post draft press conference the guy doesn't get tired, by minute two this guy looks tired

2. What the hell is wrong with his arms, Jesus that sh*t looks stupid, is it a brand? like a damn cattle

3. Watching everything he does twice is really annoying

4. this weird yodeling sound at minute 3 or so is annoying

5. ok not we are watching everything 3 times in row, i saw it the first and 2nd time

6. who was that fat guy with out a shirt on walking with a limp, did he really need to be that close to coples while he was running around

7 Again with watching everything twice at minute 5.22

8. 6.18 great shot of his nasty arm

9. what did I have for lunch today

10 at least that woman screaming stopped.

Inclosing ENC backyard editing or whatever blows, and I can never be a scout, I got bored around minute 4. I really didn't see anything special but time will tell I guess

watched some tape on him tonight and was not impressed. Takes too many plays off, gets caught inside a ton, and loses contain, does not play to his measurables. Dontari Poe is another workout warrior who looked great against the stopwatch but not so hot against other players. These two are workout warriors. Don't like either of them. Tonight, Ingram, DeCastro and Upshaw were the picks, in that order...and all three were available. Coples looks like a fail in comparison based on game tape. Hope I'm wrong.

Look, I hope this is a good pick. But when I hear Mayock say he often didn't play hard at UNC it gives me pause that the argument to pick the guy consists on him running around cones and crap really fast. That's how Robertson, Gholston, Mamula et al hoodwinked teams into drafting them. I am heartened to hear he took some criticism to heart and worked hard at the Senior Bowl. I admit-I have no idea, and hope the jets got a player. But this video doesn't mean a damn thing.

People on this board make it sound like Mike Mayock is god's gift to player evaluation. Want to see his player evaluations last year?

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/25/mike-mayocks-top-5-draft-prospects-at-each-position/

If you dont want to take the time out to read it he has Newton as his #3 QB, JJ Watt as his #5 DE, both Clayborn and Bowers ahead of Kerrigan and Aldon Smith at DE, Jimmy Smith as his #5 CB, Dalton as his #5 QB. I mean really this guy basically talks out of his a$$.

People on this board make it sound like Mike Mayock is god's gift to player evaluation. Want to see his player evaluations last year?

http://fifthdown.blo...-each-position/

If you dont want to take the time out to read it he has Newton as his #3 QB, JJ Watt as his #5 DE, both Clayborn and Bowers ahead of Kerrigan and Aldon Smith at DE, Jimmy Smith as his #5 CB, Dalton as his #5 QB. I mean really this guy basically talks out of his a$$.

Readily admit I don't watch much NCAA football. Simply know that scouts and GMs readily fall back on these pro day videos to jusitfy a pick, or to not pick a guy because he didn't clear orange road cones quickly enough. .And we have seen that go awry with the team in green several times. Again I hope it works out. SImply think the pro day nonsense gives scouts and GMS more data, but data that might objectively be worthless compared to actual game footage. By the same token the wonderlic stuff is mostly pointless too.

Yeah, I'm on board with Coples, but this thread has a creepy Yi Jianlian feel to it.

I'm just impressed on how many people stumbled upon his "tape" since this pick. Pretty impressive. Must be nice to have access to his tape and be able to scout a player from that tape better than Rex Ryan who's watched the tape and had 1 on 1 time with him.

Readily admit I don't watch much NCAA football. Simply know that scouts and GMs readily fall back on these pro day videos to jusitfy a pick, or to not pick a guy because he didn't clear orange road cones quickly enough. .And we have seen that go awry with the team in green several times. Again I hope it works out. SImply think the pro day nonsense gives scouts and GMS more data, but data that might objectively be worthless compared to actual game footage. By the same token the wonderlic stuff is mostly pointless too.

I agree GMs put too much into the pro day and combine and if we were taking the guy with the best pro day or combine, the pick would've been Melvin Ingram. I was just saying how I don't see why people love mayock so much

http://fifthdown.blo...-each-position/

I like Mayock but he certainly doesnt have a crystal ball. He'll throw comments like Chanlder Jones is the best defensive player in the draft because if it sticks, everyone will remember that but they wont remember the comparisons of Matt Ryan to Tom Brady.

I'll wait and see before I pass judgement. You cant hate or love the guy before he ever sets foot on the field. However when I see, Needs to work on: Trying harder....its a bit concerning.

Plenty of outstanding player have been accused of taking plays off.

LOL That's all I was thinking as I watched this.

You know who else had great pro-days?? Von Miller, Mario Williams, Julius Peppers, Jevon Kearse, Aldon Smith, Justin Houston etc. etc. I understand how brutal Gholston was on us, but just because someone has a good workout, doesn't mean they're a bust, it simply could mean they are a hell of an athlete.

Archived