Draft Day Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup

draft is over

jim leonard just got a call from rex saying son't sign anywhere, lol

Yup, Leohnard should call the SD Chargers, and thank them for guaranteeing him a spot in the Jets starting defensive backfield, I would have paid a good amount of money to see the Jets war room when the Phins traded that pick to SD, and they took the S from LSU, there is no way SD makes that trade if they don't think the Jets were going to select him, I wonder if Rex threw a chair or something lol.

here's his pros and cons

Official Bio

two.gif

Strengths:

• Very strong upper-body

• Explosive first step and COD

• Natural knee bender who rarely loses speed

• Often makes the big hit to force fumbles

• Intangibles are off the charts

Weaknesses:

• Tackling technique is pretty weak

• Often tries to do too much and makes mistakes

• May not truly fit any linebacker position

• Faced a lower level of competition

• Has a small frame with little room to grow

Injury History:

• None of consequence

Notes:

Played in 48 of 49 possible games in his career -- First Team All-Sun Belt -- Very athletic linebacker who has the skillset to be a starter but not the size or pedigree.

No problem...not a knock at all but I figured he'd lay low here...mostly we've been talking name brand guys in this draft. He's one of the better LB prospects in this draft IMO...

He definitely shined at the combine, he set the high mark in 4-5 drlls

Bummed about passing on Massie, Iloka too. This guy's got to get on the field some, maybe signals an attempt to deal Bart Scott? We heard they were going to try to trade some vets this year... Nice to add speed at ILB, just seems like a luxury pick. He'd better be starting by 2013.

I like the pick. As an Ole Miss fan, I wanted no part of Massie. All of the Ole MIss lineman were garbage this year,

By the time drsft say actually rolled around I decided that Massie was a little top heavy and doesn't know how to set himself in pass protection...OTOH his talent could make him a Nicks-esque G if someone tries him out and coaches him up.

Egoli is inept, and wash and Hou both drafted OL , would help if you actually watched draft

I am watching the draft, I'm saying that if Massie were that highly touted, you'd think they would have grabbed him instead of additional Olineman. I thought massie was a surefire second round top 50 talent, but with all these teams in need of olineman and passing on him, there's gotta be a red flag, which is what I meant when I said they passed on massie...context clues, use them. No need to get so damned snarky just because you don't like the pick; it's like daycare in here with all the childish tantrums.

Yup, Leohnard should call the SD Chargers, and thank them for guaranteeing him a spot in the Jets starting defensive backfield, I would have paid a good amount of money to see the Jets war room when the Phins traded that pick to SD, and they took the S from LSU, there is no way SD makes that trade if they don't think the Jets were going to select him, I wonder if Rex threw a chair or something lol.

My thoughts exactly.

At first I thought this selection was Schlegal Panic pick 2.0 from when the Eagles sniped us in R3 in 2006(?) by taking Chris Gocong, and we freaked and took The boar hunter, lol

Funny note too, this site actually shows us taking Gocong:

http://football.about.com/od/nfldrafthistory/a/2006draftresult_2.htm

Anyway the film on Davis looks good, he is good in coverage. Maybe good enough to deal with Gronkowski?

04/26/2012 - Demario Davis has done his part. Davis was an all-Sun Belt Conference linebacker for Arkansas State. He turned in solid showings at the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine. Now it's up to the teams making picks in the NFL Draft, which begins today and runs through Saturday. Davis is one of multiple prospects with state ties expecting a call. Not unlike the other hopefuls, he's not sure yet who or where the call comes from. Davis could go as early as the third round and might be the first player with local ties taken this year. Some project Davis, who had 69 tackles for ASU this season, including 10 for loss, as the sixth-best

linebacker in the draft, and he has even heard that the second round is a possibility. "It's real broad," Davis told Matt Roberson of the Jonesboro Sun earlier this week. "It's so broad I've heard anything from the second round to the seventh round. It's probably going to be in between there somewhere. You just leave it up to God and whatever happens, happens." - Chris Bahn, ArkansasSports360.com

The way a lot of you guys are describing Massie he sounds an awful lot like Ducasse

I thought he was an elite RT heading into this draft, I was actually hoping he or Lewis would be our pick, but having seen so many Oline needy teams pass on him, I've got to imagine there's something we don't know.

I thought he was an elite RT heading into this draft, I was actually hoping he or Lewis would be our pick, but having seen so many Oline needy teams pass on him, I've got to imagine there's something we don't know.

This is exactly how I feel. Surprised Lewis wasnt the guy and the fact that everyone has passed on Massie makes me feel better about passing on him

Archived