Draft Day Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

I really would like to take Burflict with one of our 6th or 7ths. No reason not to take a flier on him; he's got top three round talent and if he washes out he costs a 6th or 7th, but if he turns out it's an absolute heist.

Youre just full of good ideas today, why not take a chance on this guy who was projected to go in the first and saw his stock plummet. How about Demps, Punter, or Kicker in the later rounds as well?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so was jerrell powe. he was a 5 star recruit that never lived up to the billing. Patrick Willis was a 3 star recruit.

so was jerrell powe. he was a 5 star recruit that never lived up to the billing. Patrick Willis was a 3 star recruit.

the picked missed was Glenn in rd 2 jills got steal of draft as did ravens with upshaw

I really would like to take Burflict with one of our 6th or 7ths. No reason not to take a flier on him; he's got top three round talent and if he washes out he costs a 6th or 7th, but if he turns out it's an absolute heist.

This is the Burfict pick...and he's not crazy.

Youre just full of good ideas today, why not take a chance on this guy who was projected to go in the first and saw his stock plummet. How about Demps, Punter, or Kicker in the later rounds as well?

Jeff Demps?? Last I heard he was concentrating full-time on the olympics, but haven't kept track in the last few months. I am quite eager to see where or if Burflict gets drafted. The kid has talent, he's a dumbass, but he has talent. That's exactly the type of pick you make with these 6th and 7th round compensatory picks. Not really going out on a limb here, but i think the odds of him washing out goes up tenfold if he goes undrafted compared to being taken in the 6th or 7th. Not sure why, just a gut feeling.

So Davis is Scott's replacement? I still think 235 pounds is small for an ILB, would like to see him add some weight

Steelers just took Spence, who isn't even 6' and weighs the same. I guess these guys know what their plan is for these guys...

Would be redundant having taken Davis, no?

They had Scott drop down to 235...it's 5-7 pounds before no one cares.

Thats true I forgot about how they asked him to drop weight. I just remember both Harris and Scott playing around 250. Alright, I'm really warming up to this pick now the guys a freak of an athlete and watching some highlights of him now.

3rd round is almost over and Massie, a former top 50 talent, is still undrafted. There has to be something up with him medically or off the field.

Definitely.

Quite a few player with high grades dropping, while players like Jake Bequette get picked. Good thing NE traded back, genius!

Anyone else get a feeling that Massie is this drafts Vlad, hence the fall?

Talented but EXTREMELY raw.

That's exactly what I said earlier. The way everyones talking about him (top heavy, can't pass protect, raw, talented, could move to guard) he sounds like Ducasse. Glad we passed on him

Would be redundant having taken Davis, no?

True. However, I would rather use a flier on someone with talent and headcase as opposed to taking one on someone who has little talent and smart. The odds of any of those players in the later rounds panning out is low to begin with, I just think he has better odds of panning out than some others. The talent is there, just needs someone to get through to him. That aving been said, we don't know Davis is going to pan out and with Scott on his way out and Bellore and Muaga not world-beaters, I don't think it would hurt to take a flier on him, although I do admit the redundancy.

Taking Burfict could totally hurt now seeing as they've already grabbed two LB prospects (throwing Coples there) and depth is needed elsewhere.

Rex already said Coples will be playing the 5 technique but he'll probably be lining up all over the place. I'd like to see some OL depth considering last years mid season OL debacle starring Colin Baxter and Vladimir Ducasse

Face it...if we grab 1 player from all the 6th and 7th picks I'll be happy

Exactly, which is a reason why I'd rather take a dumbass/misanthrope with high-level talent, compared to someone with low-level talent and a head on his shoulders. I agree both are just as likely to wash out, but if both pan out, the former actually makes a big impact. At least my take on it.

That blows. Who are our developmental OL types?

(Waits for heaping plate of sarcasm with side of pork fried rice.)

Every RT on our roster.. Kidding aside, i would say maybe Odowd, although I'm pretty sure he was brought in to be Mangold's backup and just be a turner type player who can step in for any injuries.

Archived