Don't look now, we finally have a WR corps!

stoicsentry

Agreed, I really like Hill too, guy could be a beast, even though it will be a while before he really develops as a complete WR.

I still wouldn't be against bringing in Braylon for a look and if we could get him cheap, he'd be an ideal stop gap to take the pressure off of Hill.

Agreed, I really like Hill too, guy could be a beast, even though it will be a while before he really develops as a complete WR.

I still wouldn't be against bringing in Braylon for a look and if we could get him cheap, he'd be an ideal stop gap to take the pressure off of Hill.

Hey, you never know. He could come on real fast. I won't be surprised if he turns out to be something special for us right off the bat.

I would LOVE to see Braylon come back. Two tall, fast receivers would be a beautiful thing for Mark. But realistically, I thought picking Hill meant that Braylon wasn't gonna get another shot here.

Lost in all the Holmes criticism of attitude was his performance on the field last year. He slowed down considerably and had trouble getting open. Its like DB's were stuck to him.

Hopefully Kerley improves in his second year and can be a solid slot receiver.

Hill has speed that we lacked on the field last year. If he is half way decent in his rookie year the defenses would have to focus on him and he can help stretch the field the opposition defenses have to defend. This will have a very HUGE impact on the JETS offense. So his performance is critical.

Keller has the habit of starting hot and them somehow disappearing for stretches during the season.

Lost in all the Holmes criticism of attitude was his performance on the field last year. He slowed down considerably and had trouble getting open. Its like DB's were stuck to him.

Hopefully Kerley improves in his second year and can be a solid slot receiver.

Hill has speed that we lacked on the field last year. If he is half way decent in his rookie year the defenses would have to focus on him and he can help stretch the field the opposition defenses have to defend. This will have a very HUGE impact on the JETS offense. So his performance is critical.

Keller has the habit of starting hot and them somehow disappearing for stretches during the season.

Holmes being covered was not lost in all the criticism. It was a big part of it actually. Its hard to be open when everyone knows you're the main option. Its also tough when your QB doesn't throw the damn ball... accurately, in a timely fashion, or at all.

Holmes being covered was not lost in all the criticism. It was a big part of it actually. Its hard to be open when everyone knows you're the main option. Its also tough when your QB doesn't throw the damn ball... accurately, in a timely fashion, or at all.

Holmes play last year was awful. There are no excuses for it. Overall the WR corps gave up on a lot of plays. And Holmes was always in the spotlight for running the wrong route, not knowing the blitz was coming and running the hot routes, just giving up on the play. And then when he did get all the basics right he had the DB stuck to him.

Hill has speed that we lacked on the field last year. If he is half way decent in his rookie year the defenses would have to focus on him and he can help stretch the field the opposition defenses have to defend.

This is why I love this pick. He has the ability to stretch the field, create some room for Holmes & co, and hopefully we'll then see the Holmes we had while Braylon was on the side. Even if Hill isn't targeted a whole heap, he'll still draw the double team, and in the event he doesn't Mark will have a nice deep completion.

Hey, you never know. He could come on real fast. I won't be surprised if he turns out to be something special for us right off the bat.

I would LOVE to see Braylon come back. Two tall, fast receivers would be a beautiful thing for Mark. But realistically, I thought picking Hill meant that Braylon wasn't gonna get another shot here.

Chaz Schilens is 6'4", and runs a sub-4.4 40.

Holmes, Hill, Kerley: all signed for multiple years.

Let's now re-sign Keller so Sanchez has 4 guys to continue his development with!

Stability, I love it.

Stability is what will be the big factor this is something we should have done 3 years ago but I'll take it now. This draft has me very excited I think the Jets are back on track.

Chaz Schilens is 6'4", and runs a sub-4.4 40.

Great point. Schilens was impressive. Jamarcus Russell and injuries are two reason he never had big production. Could be a big time sleeper this year if healthy.

Looks like no Braylon, didnt like the Hill pick but after watching some highlights and marinading on it I really like our WRs now.

Braylon was the castoff option and in all honesty we have seen enough of that, its time to grab the kids and move on. As much as I liked what Braylon brought to the table (Deep Threat and size) I wanted the Jets to go get that in the draft for years now. Since they didnt do that early in Sanchez career Braylon seemed like the only option and thats no longer the case with the addition of Hill and in some respect Schilens. If Schilens can stay healthy from now on and he just hit a streak of bad luck watch out.

All the Jets need to do now is grab a few RB's who can catch the football and a RT and we will be a different team next year.

We have a guy who will quit, a guy who can't stay healthy, a guy who couldn't catch 30 balls a year in college and kerley. Huzzah!

I watched the press conference the Jets held last night and Bradway said that GT only completed 60 something passes as a team. That's a lot of catches for a team who completes 5 passes a game.

I agree like Brayon in the redzone and he is a nice downfield threat

Odds of Hill having more than 500 yards next year with this Oline/RB corps/Sanchez?

Next to no chance, but that's not really what he's for.

Holmes/Keller/Schilens/Kerley will be the main targets IMO, Hill's immediate purpose is to stretch the field and open up space. A big play off of play action and out of Tebow's sets now and again is what he'll bring, and hopefully he'll develop into a top WR beyond that.

Holmes/Keller/Schilens/Kerley will be the main targets IMO, Hill's immediate purpose is to stretch the field and open up space. A big play off of play action and out of Tebow's sets now and again is what he'll bring, and hopefully he'll develop into a top WR beyond that.

I'd personally like to see Hill finish with 30 catches with around four +40 yarders mixed in there. Start to learn while showing the athleticism.

All three guys will hopefully contribute this season and move into more defined full time rolls in 2013 or 2014. It's a good plan. They got the talent they wanted rather than plug and play guys at positions of need.

In terms of strategy it's what most posters here were hoping for. Except that Eric Smith is still a prominent member of the defense.

I'd personally like to see Hill finish with 30 catches with around four +40 yarders mixed in there. Start to learn while showing the athleticism.

It depends really on whether or not he starts, Tanny said he would, but I'm not so sure. I'd expect Schilens to start opening day and for Hill to become more of a factor as the season goes on.

It depends really on whether or not he starts, Tanny said he would, but I'm not so sure. I'd expect Schilens to start opening day and for Hill to become more of a factor as the season goes on.

Tanny really said a guy who played in the Triple Option, who had 28 catches last year, is going to start? In April he says this?

Tanny really said a guy who played in the Triple Option, who had 28 catches last year, is going to start? In April he says this?

Ya specially when their RT was right there for them in 2nd rd, Cordy Glenn will be a stud for Jills

Jills are going to give pats a run for their money

Archived