Official Jordan White THREAD! Info and awesome interview link

ProInterviews

With the 244th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select Jordan White, Western Michigan, Wide Receiver.

Here is a really awesome interview with Jordan White. He talks about everything from who he'd compare his game to, to his route running, to his slower forty at the Combine, but what it really means to him. www.prointerviews.org/JordanWhite

2006 Redshirt during Freshman year.

2007 19 Receptions. 217 Yards. 1 TD.

2008 Granted as Second Redshirt Year.

2009 53 Receptions. 684 Yards. 4 TD.

2010 94 Receptions. 1378 Yards. 10 TD.

2011 140 Receptions. 1911 Yards. 17 TD.

2010/2011 All-MAC First Team Offense.

2011 First Consensus All-American in School History.

@_JordanWhite

Kerley is fine. So soon we forget how much promised he actually showed (ousted Derrick Mason) in his rookie season, when we had horrible QB play.

What I'm saying is if I were Jeremy Kerley, as the starting slot WR, I'd be concerned with this pick. I'm not making any bold predictions I'm just saying, unlike anyone else on the roster, I think White is good enough to push for that spot.

What I'm saying is if I were Jeremy Kerley, as the starting slot WR, I'd be concerned with this pick. I'm not making any bold predictions I'm just saying, unlike anyone else on the roster, I think White is good enough to push for that spot.

I got what you meant. I'm just reminding that Kerley was one of the great brights pots of last season. I like the White pick too, but think Kerley is safe and a big sleeper to have a huge impact on our WR corps this year.

WAYNE CHERBET. Great comparison.

He reminds me alot of him. This guy seems like a tough dude. He'll put his shoulder down for the hit, he'll concentrate on catching the ball ignoring the hit coming to him. He's not the fastest guy but I think he'll be able to beat most slot CB's/Safeties because he's an effective route runner. We may finally be able to run 4 WR packages. White and Kerley on the field with Holmes and Hill using his track speed to keep Safeties from cheating.

Nasty.

Chrebet made a career of out doing that.

White, Allen, Griffin and Ganaway I cant wait to see suit up. I really think we had an awesome back half of the draft.

Statistically White was t

With the 244th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select Jordan White, Western Michigan, Wide Receiver. Here is a really awesome interview with Jordan White. He talks about everything from who he'd compare his game to, to his route running, to his slower forty at the Combine, but what it really means to him. www.prointerviews.org/JordanWhite 2006 Redshirt during Freshman year. 2007 19 Receptions. 217 Yards. 1 TD. 2008 Granted as Second Redshirt Year. 2009 53 Receptions. 684 Yards. 4 TD. 2010 94 Receptions. 1378 Yards. 10 TD. 2011 140 Receptions. 1911 Yards. 17 TD. 2010/2011 All-MAC First Team Offense. 2011 First Consensus All-American in School History. @_JordanWhite

140 receptions & almost 2000 yards his last year????

bananas1.jpg

Dual slot WRs. If you're calling Sanchez breakout then you should have imagined this immediately Hess! Kerley has zero worries right now beyond bettering himself.

Despite Sporano's boring general philosophy I expect to see some creative sh*t at times this year...

The love this kid is getting in here is killing me. Haha!

Jordan White is going to have a tough time making the team. If he does make the team, it's still unlikely that he'll see the field on offense. He needs to take his crappy knees and his 4.69 speed and impress the hell out of Mike Westoff. The Jets will give a little extra consideration to draft picks, but Westoff has liked Payne in the past, and there are UDFA's to contend with, too.

That highlight reel showed me one impressive catch, and a lot of getting more wide open than he'll never see in the NFL. People need to put their pants back on.

Dual slot WRs. If you're calling Sanchez breakout then you should have imagined this immediately Hess! Kerley has zero worries right now beyond bettering himself.

Despite Sporano's boring general philosophy I expect to see some creative sh*t at times this year...

This. I find it hard to believe that we'll be this team that does nothing but run the ball and be boring, when we are drafting 2 WRs. Hill's potential is obvious, but White's scouting report says he can play immediately with his route running being polished as it is. So, I expect the passing offense to be very relevant for this team... as long as one of our 2 QBs can deliver the ball.

The love this kid is getting in here is killing me. Haha!

Jordan White is going to have a tough time making the team. If he does make the team, it's still unlikely that he'll see the field on offense. He needs to take his crappy knees and his 4.69 speed and impress the hell out of Mike Westoff. The Jets will give a little extra consideration to draft picks, but Westoff has liked Payne in the past, and there are UDFA's to contend with, too.

That highlight reel showed me one impressive catch, and a lot of getting more wide open than he'll never see in the NFL. People need to put their pants back on.

Although I agree with you to a point, it's not like this guy played against second tier competition. Western Michigan plays in the MAC, and they had several games on the road against BCS conference teams:

At Michigan (Receptions, Yards, TDs, Long): WHITE, Jordan 12 119 0 20

At Illinois: WHITE, Jordan 14 132 1 21

At UCONN: WHITE, Jordan 12 173 2 25

Neutral site against Purdue: WHITE, Jordan 13 265 1 49

I understand the system in which he played involved an astronomical amount of pass attempts, but these are MASSIVE numbers. The guy was highly productive. Sure, he fell to the 7th because of durability concerns, but if healthy, I would say he is a lock to make the team.

Holmes

Hill

Kerley

These guys are a given, but the final two spots (assuming they keep 5 WRs) are up for grabs. White is the type of player that will grab one of the final two spots and not let go. Smart, tough, productive player. Green Bay WR Greg Jennings (W. Michigan alum) raves about this kid.

Schilins has the best chance at the other spot, given his height/speed combo and the fact that Sanjay Lal already knows him. It is interesting though that he and Hill are very similar physically.

Turner is a goner, as he is great on STs, but can't catch, which is mildly important at his position. McKnight will be on the PS again, and Payne is history.

As for UDFAs, Kris Burd from Virginia is the only WR I am aware of thus far. He is a good run blocker (sound familiar?), but he did not have a single game where he logged double-digit receptions and found the endzone only three times last year, two of which were in their bowl game. Kris Burd 66 913 13.8 38 (TD) 3

Decent numbers, but nothing special.

Carryovers from last year include Royce, Ganaway, Jackson, and Riley. Who you ask? Exactly!

Really, really like the White pick.

Although I agree with you to a point, it's not like this guy played against second tier competition. Western Michigan plays in the MAC, and they had several games on the road against BCS conference teams:

At Michigan (Receptions, Yards, TDs, Long): WHITE, Jordan 12 119 0 20

At Illinois: WHITE, Jordan 14 132 1 21

At UCONN: WHITE, Jordan 12 173 2 25

Neutral site against Purdue: WHITE, Jordan 13 265 1 49

I understand the system in which he played involved an astronomical amount of pass attempts, but these are MASSIVE numbers. The guy was highly productive. Sure, he fell to the 7th because of durability concerns, but if healthy, I would say he is a lock to make the team.

Holmes

Hill

Kerley

These guys are a given, but the final two spots (assuming they keep 5 WRs) are up for grabs. White is the type of player that will grab one of the final two spots and not let go. Smart, tough, productive player. Green Bay WR Greg Jennings (W. Michigan alum) raves about this kid.

Schilins has the best chance at the other spot, given his height/speed combo and the fact that Sanjay Lal already knows him. It is interesting though that he and Hill are very similar physically.

Turner is a goner, as he is great on STs, but can't catch, which is mildly important at his position. McKnight will be on the PS again, and Payne is history.

As for UDFAs, Kris Burd from Virginia is the only WR I am aware of thus far. He is a good run blocker (sound familiar?), but he did not have a single game where he logged double-digit receptions and found the endzone only three times last year, two of which were in their bowl game. Kris Burd 66 913 13.8 38 (TD) 3

Decent numbers, but nothing special.

Carryovers from last year include Royce, Ganaway, Jackson, and Riley. Who you ask? Exactly!

Really, really like the White pick.

Good post

Don't really know much about White but the stats you posted against big teams is really impressive. Think Schilins is a lock for #4. White looks like a really good guy to have as the 5th

Schilens has the best chance at the other spot, given his height/speed combo and the fact that Sanjay Lal already knows him. It is interesting though that he and Hill are very similar physically.

Schilens is a lock for the fourth spot, and there are really no similarities between him and Hill physically. Chaz is 4 inches taller and times considerably faster. Physically, he compares much more closely to Payne, who Westoff already likes as a special teamer. If the Jets choose to keep five WRs (itself not a lock), the number five guy sticks thru STs.

Turner, Payne, and Hill are all fighting for one spot that may not even be there.

Schilens is a lock for the fourth spot, and there are really no similarities between him and Hill physically. Chaz is 4 inches taller and times considerably faster. Physically, he compares much more closely to Payne, who Westoff already likes as a special teamer. If the Jets choose to keep five WRs (itself not a lock), the number five guy sticks thru STs.

Turner, Payne, and Hill are all fighting for one spot that may not even be there.

I think you are confusing Hill (2nd Rounder) with White (7th Rounder).

Hill and Schilens are both 6'4" 4.3 40 guys.

I think you are confusing Hill (2nd Rounder) with White (7th Rounder).

Hill and Schilens are both 6'4" 4.3 40 guys.

My bad, just got out of bed.

White and Payne compare physically, and both are competing for a bottom spot on the roster via specials. That point stands.

Schilens was penciled in as a starter before Hill was drafted, and they'll keep him as a speedy backup to Hill. As you pointed out, he came over here with his WR coach, who almost certainly recommended him to Tannenbaum as a FA.

My bad, just got out of bed.

White and Payne compare physically, and both are competing for a bottom spot on the roster via specials. That point stands.

Schilens was penciled in as a starter before Hill was drafted, and they'll keep him as a speedy backup to Hill. As you pointed out, he came over here with his WR coach, who almost certainly recommended him to Tannenbaum as a FA.

Gotcha, so we agree for the most part then. I just think White > Payne.

Gotcha, so we agree for the most part then. I just think White > Payne.

He very well may be. I root for all these late picks, UDFAs, too.

If the Jets stepped into the 21st century and ran a pass first offense, it might be different. Pass catching skills might be the #1 priority for a fifth WR. But everyone knows Westoff gets a handful of roster calls every year, and he's the guy White is going to have to impress. The ground & pounders could also look to keep an extra TE over the fifth WR.

I've got no real love for Payne or Turner, and I'd love to see this kid beat them out. Just think its gonna be tough. And then if he does make it, I don't think he'll see time on offense without injuries ahead of him.

He very well may be. I root for all these late picks, UDFAs, too.

If the Jets stepped into the 21st century and ran a pass first offense, it might be different. Pass catching skills might be the #1 priority for a fifth WR. But everyone knows Westoff gets a handful of roster calls every year, and he's the guy White is going to have to impress. The ground & pounders could also look to keep an extra TE over the fifth WR.

I've got no real love for Payne or Turner, and I'd love to see this kid beat them out. Just think its gonna be tough. And then if he does make it, I don't think he'll see time on offense without injuries ahead of him.

No doubt that the 5th WR MUST contribute on STs. I think Westy will love White. He's fearless and a nice punt return guy.

No doubt that the 5th WR MUST contribute on STs. I think Westy will love White. He's fearless and a nice punt return guy.

I think the real determination will be how he's able to contribute on the coverage units, particularly as a gunner. Being a good returner will only get you so far with Westy, as the guy has shown time and again he can make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t in that department. They've seen return guys come and go over the years and yet the Jets are still always amongst the leagues best and churning out new pro bowl kick returners with regularity. Westhoff clearly puts far more value into his coverage guys, and a guy like White could make or break his roster spot based on his contributions there.

Archived